• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Controller to Be Named "Move." Bye bye Gem? truly outrageous

Liberty4all

Banned
Oozinator said:
here's what I got:
23wv0gp.png

sherlock_holmes_outfit.jpg

hmm

Raist

Banned
Ashes1396 said:
well that them either be prototype designs or we have ourselves some contradicting sources....

It doesn't look anywhere close an "official pic". The photoshop job is terrible and the rest is a crap diagram.

Vinci

Danish
I don't understand how to read that picture. My experience with mock-ups is pretty minute so perhaps that's why I'm not reading between the lines. Just looks like a bunch of random shit thrown across a PS3 controller and superduperwonderwand.

Vinci said:
I don't understand how to read that picture. My experience with mock-ups is pretty minute so perhaps that's why I'm not reading between the lines. Just looks like a bunch of random shit thrown across a PS3 controller and superduperwonderwand.

Take a look at this instead.

RockmanWhore said:
Here is a ugly paint mock up according to the info given by the Alpha and the Omega :

317f9fd.jpg

Just put L1 and L2 on the Nunchuck and a T-trigger on the Arc.

SamBishop

Banned
gofreak said:
VG247 didn't say anything about lineup in their rumour. They said date and partner list.

We already got an internal SCE lineup at TGS. Albeit with zero details/info.

If someone has an 'official pic' e.g. a PR pic, it sounds to me like they will sort of more properly announce and show off the thing at GDC. I'd guess we'll see one or two games for it to go with that.

Only one or two? :D

SamBishop

Banned
gofreak said:
Demoed at GDC? I'd guess.

Think bigger. Remember, this is basically Gamers' Day for this year unless I'm mistaken; I haven't heard a peep about any big events outside of this until E3, soooo...

Ashes

Banned
iirc they were supposed to have been on the market around now in the original plan... we still don't have an official name, final design reveal or a nunchuck....

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ashes1396 said:
iirc they were supposed to have been on the market around now in the original plan... we still don't have an official name, final design reveal or a nunchuck....

That's why we are waiting for this year GDC to actually kick off.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Ashes1396 said:

I think we'll get those at GDC.

SamBishop said:
Think bigger. Remember, this is basically Gamers' Day for this year unless I'm mistaken; I haven't heard a peep about any big events outside of this until E3, soooo...

Yeah, but E3 is plenty of time for a Fall launch. Sony's typically only demoed 'a game or two' at GDC and then left E3 for the full monty so to speak, I think it'll be the same here.

SamBishop

Banned
gofreak said:
Yeah, but E3 is plenty of time for a Fall launch. Sony's typically only demoed 'a game or two' at GDC and then left E3 for the full monty so to speak, I think it'll be the same here.

Nothing wrong with playing it safe. But you'll be seeing more than just one or two this year, I promise.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
SamBishop said:
Nothing wrong with playing it safe. But you'll be seeing more than just one or two this year, I promise.

aghhhh man the anticipation is killing me, I really want to see some core apps for the ARC/GEM, I hope Sony come through for us, E3 is far away.

I've got 4 screens up all with various twitters/blogs/forums etc auto refreshing, it's like GDC control central here :D

Tom Penny

This is going to do considerably worse than Natal in the long run. I don't forsee Sony ever bundling it with a PS3 which will be a huge blow to it's attach rate. If they do..well that can change things considerably.

Crisis

Banned
BruceWayneIII said:
:lol well, I don't know you and sometimes there are weird questions floating around.
Care to enlighten me?

Here you go.

Also to the asshole in this thread who said he has a picture but isn't going to post it:

cookie.jpg

You're no different.

Haunted

BruceWayneIII said:
:lol well, I don't know you and sometimes there are weird questions floating around.
Care to enlighten me?
Don't worry about it. The MSPaint-ness of that "official" pic just reminded me of an old thread with a similarly laughable mockup.

Crisis said:
and thank you for sparing me the effort to find it. :lol It's just as good as I remember.

cakefoo

shagg_187 said:
Awesome mockup! Doesn't make sense having X and O for both Nunchuck and sphere, though.
3 possible uses for the nunchuk:

- as the left hand of a two-handed set
- as a one-handed controller for simple party games
- if the nunchuk can be used for pointing, you could use the nunchuk as the RIGHT hand of a two-handed set. an fps now would have a dedicated analog stick for turning. (correction: you'd need 2 nunchuks, since the standard remote has no analog stick for character movement)

cakefoo

Old?

Develop-Online.Net: Dev source backs claim of PS3 'nunchuck'

"A games development source has told Develop that Sony's new Motion Controller device will work in tandem with an optional extra Wii Nunchuck-style add-on. Our source says claims that even though the controller's final execution will be 'reminiscent' to the Wii, the familiar elements provide scope for those working on Nintendo's platform to 'upgrade' their ideas to the HD rival PS3."

Haunted said:
Don't worry about it. The MSPaint-ness of that "official" pic just reminded me of an old thread with a similarly laughable mockup.

Crisis said:
Here you go

and thank you for sparing me the effort to find it. :lol It's just as good as I remember.

:lol :lol :lol Completely forgot about that one :lol

Oozinator said:
here's what I got:
23wv0gp.png

Hmmm, not what I saw. I mean the buttons mentioned are broadly right but the shape is just like the Paint art from the other page.

I guess we'll see in either 5 hrs or during GDC.

I would happily put a ban bet on my description being correct. And I don't say that lightly, I love a bit of GAF for breakfast.

Dogenzaka

Banned
dose said:
Just mocked this up (sorry RockmanWhore :D), so something like this? So the nunchuck doesn't have a ball?

ak7exe.jpg

It would be incredible if both the nunchuk AND the Arc had a "ball"
That way you could do the the things presented in the tech demo last year with two Arc controllers.

And that way, the controller would be COMPLETELY ambidextrous!

yurinka

Dogenzaka said:
It would be incredible if both the nunchuk AND the Arc had a "ball"
That way you could do the the things presented in the tech demo last year with two Arc controllers.

And that way, the controller would be COMPLETELY ambidextrous!
Well, at least this fake mock up is totally ambidextrous.

dose said:
Just mocked this up (sorry RockmanWhore :D), so something like this? So the nunchuck doesn't have a ball?

ak7exe.jpg

This is very close. the top of the nunchuk is rounded and not angular but other than it looks spot on.

edit: The nunchuk didnt appear to be quite as contoured as this picture, however I'm trying to base this on a picture I saw on Sunday morning whilst hung over!

Top Bottom