• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Corp. lose over 20 Billion in market value over 60 days

Corgi1985

Banned
Market has been in minor correction mode for a couple months. The OTC has been ravaged over the last 10 weeks and it seems like every tech stock has been dipping even when earnings goals are exceeded. It isn't just Sony. Lot of MM fuckery out there.

Dream-Knife

Banned
As the market hits correction you're going to see a lot of companies go down. They'll go even further this fall with the next crash.
Apple sell its services on their own hardware. Which is why they can 100% control their profits (which are massive). Sony are trying to compete against MS with games and services on PC, which is a mistake (particularly when it's MS who profit from PC growth thanks to their OS and tools). But they are doing that while being very shy with company acquisitions and they are devaluing their IPs by selling them on PC.

They bought Insomniac 229 million, lol that peanuts. MS bought Minecraft for 2.5 billion and Bestheda for 7.5 billion. On the other hand Sony got rid of plenty of potential long term perspectives like Japan Studio (they fired all the producers of Bloodborne, long term consequences, who is going to produce another hit game with From Software?) or Driveclub (a game that had potential and was finally liked by the critics in the end with the PSVR game and Bikes).

By the way they still don't own the Spiderman IP for videogames. They have a deal with Marvel but as we have seen will MLB, maybe one day Marvel will be tired of that deal and they'll want to put Spider-man on Gamepass. Yep this is probably what is going to happen soon or later.
Selling games on PC doesn't devalue the IP.

"Oh no, people will be able to play the same games I do."

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
That's why they're going for mobile gaming. Gamers bitch too much for expensive, high caliber games and spend much less than those sheep gamers for F2P games and mobile gaming.

Umbasaborne

Banned
LolTakashiMochizuki. 😂

Sony's Games & Network services business literally just had its best fiscal year ever. 😂

This guy's Nintendo fanboyism is legendary, not to mention his abuse of "anonymous sources."
You know, not everyone who has something bad to say about a company you like is a warrior looking to nab a w for their favorite competing consoles...

NeoGiffer

jordan-belfort-throws-out-money-the-wolf-of-wall-street.gif

Bryank75

Banned
Market has been in minor correction mode for a couple months. The OTC has been ravaged over the last 10 weeks and it seems like every tech stock has been dipping even when earnings goals are exceeded. It isn't just Sony. Lot of MM fuckery out there.
I agree with you here, the issue is that Sony didn't see the years of benefit beforehand...so now they are seeing the downside after being lumped in with all Japanese stock when they were in recession.
Seems pretty unbalanced to me.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
If I were a Sony fanboy I would get back on track with AAA games, I’m sure they don’t want to hear their market value is at an all time low.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Don’t all their other divisions lose money other than gaming?
No. Insurance, gaming, imaging sensors, all make money. Even their film, music, TVs/electronics have been on the uptick. The main heel was cell phones since they never got in with any of the subsidized large carriers like Samsung, Apple and the like did. Sad because they're a damned good low bloat Android platform. They have scaled cell phones back a lot over the years.

Last edited:
Top Bottom