• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony countering Xbox One Madden 16 bundle. Free Madden with every new PS4

So apparently in the US Sony is countering Xbox's Madden bundle. From August 25th - August 30th every new PS4 system comes with a free copy of Madden 16.

SHrpzFM.jpg

Troy

Banned
Just a heads-up that Target is also giving 15 percent off any PS4 purchase this week via Cartwheel. If free Madden applies at any retailer you buy a PS4 from, that would mean you could get Batman, Madden, and a PS4 for 340.

Target currently has 15% off new PS4s so combined with the movers coupon and red card 5% discount that would be 30% off a PS4 and another 30-40 off depending on trade value of madden 16. Possibly $270 + tax for a new PS4... I might have to bite finally.

Target currently has 15% off new PS4s so combined with the movers coupon and red card 5% discount that would be 30% off a PS4 and another 30-40 off depending on trade value of madden 16. Possibly $270 + tax for a new PS4... I might have to bite finally.

Wouldn't that be 20% off

jwk94

Eh, not really all that good of an offer. The Xbox One lasts until mid-September while this one isn't even a week.

Amir0x

Banned
I wonder if they got the idea from how well Microsoft did giving away copies of Destiny with every Xbox One.

I wonder why Sony is specific with this "counter-bundle", offering Madden with every console, whereas Microsoft is usually broad with their "counter-bundle", offering "any free game" the week the game comes out. Differences in contracts, or is it just because this is a retailer-created bundle?

border

The sale is for 5 days, and only at Gamestop.

If Sony is only letting people know about it 24 hours before Madden ships, then this is a pretty incompetent promotion. This has Gamestop's fingerprints on it more than Sony's.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Why isn't Tom Brady on the cover?
Honesty EA...Was Peyton the last QB on your cover?
No cash for the QB love?

Yeah because EA and the league really want to associate themselves with Tom Brady right now...

I was surprised Gronk lost out though. He's a way bigger star.

The sale is for 5 days, and only at Gamestop.

If Sony is only letting people know about it 24 hours before Madden ships, then this is a pretty incompetent promotion. This has Gamestop's fingerprints on it more than Sony's.

Thats not how these deals work. At all.

You think GS is giving away milions in Madden for the heck of it? Its certainly not to drive new hardware, they make pennies off of a new hardware sale.

Its Sony for certain

Top Bottom