• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony doesn't allow Fallout 4/Skyrim mods on PS4

Paganmoon

It's like Sony is trying to lose any and all goodwill and respect they've gotten for decisions with the PS4 (contra Xbox one) in 2013.

Like literally trying their damndest.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Fallout 4: Legacy Edition, exclusive to PS4.

With this and Todd Howard discussing Scorpio running Fallout 4 VR, seriously considering ditching the PS4 version if I want to keep playing it. Eugh.

But why wouldn't they? Aren't the mods curated by Bethesda? So it's not like there'll be any mods that crash the game or whatever

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
What the fuck sony .. no UHD blu ray, no mod support and they're the only one's holding out on cross platform multiplayer too ...

this is *not* the 'eager to make risky moves for the gamers' sony from 2007 to 2013

"We evaluated the mods offering and decided that it does not bring the kind of value PlayStation customers have come to expect"

strafer

Sony confirmed to be the worst company in the history of video games.

Shame on you Sony. You used to be something special.

Now you just suck.

UrbanRats

Maybe they were afraid of any possible unsavory content? But i assume whatever goes up is vetted anyway, no? It's not like on PC, that is no man's land by virtue of being an open platform.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Who replaced Adam Boyes as head of third party relations?

cobra-commander.jpg

MrNelson

Banned
FYI, these were the reasons brought up a few months ago when they said mods would be delayed:

https://bethesda.net/#en/devnotes/creation-kit-1-5-4-update-ps4-mod-support-and-new-security-for-uploading

"KNOWN ISSUES WITH PS4 MODS

PC textures are used. Memory and performance issues may occur. We are working with Sony on optimal texture exporting support in a future update.
Sound files are currently not supported. PS4 sound format is a proprietary format. We are working with Sony on sound file processing support in a future update.
PS4 Mod Storage limit is approximately 900 MB at present. Please do not upload mods larger than 900 MB. We are working with Sony to increase this limit."

Top Bottom