• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Doesn't Seem to be Marketing PSNow as much as they Should

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I have been waiting for a big step from Sony regarding this service for a few years, but somehow that step doesn't come. I guess they keep that service as a life boat in case of defeat against x-pass, like PSVR2. It has great downloadable games catalogue and it's online streaming feature is not that bad(played until dawn and ninja gaiden with it-i have 25mbps internet).

MiguelItUp

It a inferior service to Gamepass and it day 1 games, Sony best not waste money on it anymore PSNow cannot catch up to Gamepass unless they put first party and also timed exclusive 3rd party games on it day 1 like Xbox is doing with Gamepass.
Not only that, but it's not even remotely the same in terms of what it brings and what it does. It's the closest thing that Playstation has to compare to Gamepass, but it's certainly not identical. I'm not sure why people keep comparing the two.

I felt like PSNow was always marketed poorly, so many people don't even know it exists. As a result, so many people don't use it.

Not only that, but it's not even remotely the same in terms of what it brings and what it does. It's the closest thing that Playstation has to compare to Gamepass, but it's certainly not identical. I'm not sure why people keep comparing the two.

I felt like PSNow was always marketed poorly, so many people don't even know it exists. As a result, so many people don't use it.

You're not sure why people compare the two? Both are services that allow downloading from a large selection of games with one subscription fee... Gee, I wonder why people compare them.

Last edited:
They won't until they need to.
As long as they sell physical media and digital downloads hand-over-fist, they'll let people continue as it makes them much more profit.
As soon as they can see that strategy is no longer viable, they should shift their strategy. Until that inflexion point, why not make as much money as possible. Like everyone seems to love pointing out on a regular basis, Sony's pockets aren't as deep as Microsoft's to be able to finance an aggressive loss-leader strategy like Gamepass until it breaks even. After PS3 they are much much more risk-averse than they used to be.

I havent seen xbox ad in YEARS here, but ps4 ads are common on tv/other media.

So at least Sony does have some ads vs. None MS have.

But yeah, they could have ads about ps now, but imo they already do it inside PS store and they have big audience

MiguelItUp

You're not sure why people compare the two? Both are services that allow downloading from a large selection of games with one subscription fee... Gee, I wonder why people compare them.
No reason to get sassy mister sassy pants. Yes, correct. However, one is focusing on more recent and newer titles. Which is what is making it much more appealing to those subscribed. Because of the cost of those titles, that they're new, etc. That alone makes it harder to compare IMO.

I'm still surprised Sony didn't/doesn't lean on it harder. Feels like a missed opportunity, especially with all the cloud talk as of late.

Last edited:

Dolomite

The only way I see PS Now catching up in terms of value, would be them offering their first parties day and date. Can you imagine GOW, Demon souls, and ratchet for the price of PSnow? Amazing

Quezacolt

It's better if they dont push it. I don't think these services will be good for the industry and mostly, for us.

Sure, you pay less for more quantity, but it doesnt seem like a sustainable thing unless games get even more microtransactions and dlc. That and i also dont want game streaming to succeed.

Top Bottom