• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
How many NEO limited edition bundles will there be? CoD, Destiny, Horizon, FFXV, NMS?, GoW...

I'm hoping there's only one Neo bundle, and it's with the launch of Horizon in February...

Then they can go hog wild with all their other bundles.

With all the cool games I can't take a Neo fall launch...

I-hate-u

Another question is whether the reveal will be CG, 'in engine' or gameplay? also the release date....

I feel like Sony moved past the CG reveals. The last major CG reveal they did I think was in 2008 with the GOW 3 "IN THE END, THERE WILL BE ONLY CHAOS" teaser.

With Horizon's response last year, I am sure it's an in-engine gameplay.

The question isn't whether God of War will be there (it will), the question is...is Kratos the main character?

Hmmm..
giphy.gif

kurahador

The question isn't whether God of War will be there (it will), the question is...is Kratos the main character?

Hmmm..

God Of War 4 starring Calliope confirmed.

Will we get to see Horizon dialogue system and town explorations during the imminent on-stage demo though?

Hmmm..

I was thinking about this for a while. Here are a couple of options I came up with:
A. Kratos is the Villain, you play as a new character, maybe a demigod of one of the many gods Kratos killed.
B. Kratos is dead, you play as his decedent.
C. Kratos is dead, you play as his child (because come on, with all that fucking around he's done, somebody had to get knocked up, hell Aphrodite could be the mother XD)
D. Kratos is alive and says fuck it, I'm coming for the Norse and the Egyptians!

I was thinking about this for a while. Here are a couple of options I came up with:
A. Kratos is the Villain, you play as a new character, maybe a demigod of one of the many gods Kratos killed.
B. Kratos is dead, you play as his decedent.
C. Kratos is dead, you play as his child (because come on, with all that fucking around he's done, somebody had to get knocked up, hell Aphrodite could be the mother XD)
D. Kratos is alive and says fuck it, I'm coming for the Norse and the Egyptians!

E. This is a reboot of the series where its now set in Norse mythology, and the Kratos we see in-game only bears the resemblance & name of Greek Kratos.

This is the option i've been pushing forth since we got the initial leak. Makes the most sense, imo.

Why the hell donmt sony show this at an appropriate time for the most important market - europe? Bit of a joke really.

Cause Europe gets its own show that is set at an appropriate time for the EU audience in October? I mean, they host 4 shows a year, 3 of which are all region specific, 1 of which is a celebration of all things playstation.

E. This is a reboot of the series where its now set in Norse mythology, and the Kratos we see in-game only bears the resemblance & name of Greek Kratos, and nothing else.

this is the most logical and easiest thing to accept

We've taken the protagonist of this popular franchise, wiped the slate clean, and got a whole new world to explore/mash Trinagle to pen doors/kill/kratos terrible double jump through.

No, I remember the PAL charts. It definitely outsold 3D Mario on several occasions, hence the gifs.

I stand corrected then.

Pretty sure it didn't outsell 3D World overall though in the UK. And it certainly didn't outsell it worldwide. Unless Knack has somehow sold close to five million copies!

SNURB

Knack jokes aside, I still don't see how Sony would pull anything that stupid with Crash though. The problem is that there's been too many hints, this time around, and the Playstation Experience t-shirt Shawn worn and
TWO playable levels in Uncharted 4
were the epicentre of that. They know the feelings surrounding that IP and I just can't see them fucking with people's hopes and dreams with how they dominated last year's E3. It's hard to stay frosty at the first genuine promise in a long time but I'm optimistic nonetheless.

I'm hoping we're getting a quality Crash game if we're going by BruceLeeRoy's vague teases (the guy's got a good enough track record to know he's legitimate). I'll be mighty disappointed if it's just for some stupid crossover for another Smash Bros. ripoff which wasn't even good to begin with or just some ports/remasters.

E. This is a reboot of the series where its now set in Norse mythology, and the Kratos we see in-game only bears the resemblance & name of Greek Kratos.

This is the option i've been pushing forth since we got the initial leak. Makes the most sense, imo.

I could live with that.

I stand corrected then.

Pretty sure it didn't outsell 3D World overall though in the UK. And it certainly didn't outsell it worldwide. Unless Knack has somehow sold close to five million copies!

Not worldwide, but in the UK? For sure it did. Game had some legs whereas Mario dropped out fairly quickly.

I'd honestly be surprised. 3D World has likely been continuing to sell to a decent number of new Wii U owners in the UK, as small of a number as that is. I'd be surprised if Knack has been doing much after the first year or so.

3D World has sold 4.82 million units worldwide. Do we have Knack's numbers?

If it's been selling, then the PAL charts haven't been representative of the fact. Mario Kart lingered in the bottom end for many many weeks for instance, but 3D Mario has had no such presence.

I don't know what the overall numbers are for Knack, but like I said, it most certainly did not sell more worldwide.

I-hate-u

Shinobi does know. You'd think after these last few days GAF would learn better than to question the man, especially after the Zoetis ban on monday lol.

I know he knows his stuff. I was just replying to him wondering if he know something about the character, or is he teasing again.

If it's been selling, then the PAL charts haven't been representative of the fact. Mario Kart lingered in the bottom end for many many weeks for instance, but 3D Mario has had no such presence.

I don't know what the overall numbers are for Knack, but like I said, it most certainly did not sell more worldwide.

I'm talking about from launch until now. I'd be surprised if Knack's total UK numbers are higher than 3D World's right now. Part of that, to be fair, would be due to 3D World being bundled with a lot of Wii U consoles starting in late 2014.

I'm talking about from launch until now. I'd be surprised if Knack's UK numbers are higher than 3D World's right now. Part of that, to be fair, would be due to 3D World being bundled with a lot of Wii U consoles.

Bundled units are included in the PAL charts, so the game would be a regular fixture in the top 40 if that were the case.

Bundled units are included in the PAL charts, so the game would be a regular fixture in the top 40 if that were the case.

No? I'm not saying the game has been a big seller since it launched. I'm simply saying that, from 2013 until now, I'd be surprised if 3D World's overall UK numbers are lower than Knack's. Clearly when those games were selling enough to be charting, Knack was doing better. It wasn't a huge difference, but it was outselling it.

No? I'm not saying the game has been a big seller since it launched. I'm simply saying that, from 2013 until now, I'd be surprised if 3D World's overall UK numbers are lower than Knack's. Clearly when those games were selling enough to be charting, Knack was doing better. It wasn't a huge difference, but it was outselling it.

I'm not saying the game is a huge seller either. I'm saying, based on the pretty conclusive statistics presented in the PAL charts over the years, that Knack sold better in the UK. Unless you want to argue that ever since both games dropped out, 3D World has been putting in work below the top 40 ever since, outselling Knack by dozens of copies every week sight unseen.

I'm not saying the game is a huge seller either. I'm saying, based on the pretty conclusive statistics presented in the PAL charts over the years, that Knack sold better in the UK. Unless you want to argue that ever since both games dropped out, 3D World has been putting in work below the top 40 ever since, outselling Knack by dozens of copies every week sight unseen.

This is exactly what I mean! Although I'm sure the number is much greater than "dozens". If you're buying a Wii U in 2015 or 2016, you're far more likely to be interested in a Mario game than a new PS4 owner in 2015 / 2016 is interested in Knack.

And this is, of course, speculation, since we don't have numbers for Knack. But out of the 4.82 million copies of 3D World, one would assume at least a few hundred thousand of those are from the UK.

Knack jokes aside, I still don't see how Sony would pull anything that stupid with Crash though. The problem is that there's been too many hints, this time around, and the Playstation Experience t-shirt Shawn worn and
TWO playable levels in Uncharted 4
were the epicentre of that. They know the feelings surrounding that IP and I just can't see them fucking with people's hopes and dreams with how they dominated last year's E3. It's hard to stay frosty at the first genuine promise in a long time but I'm optimistic nonetheless.

I'm hoping we're getting a quality Crash game if we're going by BruceLeeRoy's vague teases (the guy's got a good enough track record to know he's legitimate). I'll be mighty disappointed if it's just for some stupid crossover for another Smash Bros. ripoff which wasn't even good to begin with or just some ports/remasters.
They have to go hard or go home.

No C-tier developer made Crash game with some generic looking Bandicoot. it has to have a Ratchet and Clank PS4 like presentation off the bat with a good developer backing it. Hell, a remastered collection to top it off. New game, ND or someone else(Insomniac, Sanzaru etc.) at the helm and either a miraculous 2016 or 2017 release date.

If Crash is just a PSN avatar release I'll go fucking nuts.

zeromcd73

[次号予告]

・6/16発売
・490円

・「NieR: Automata」新情報12頁特集
・限界ゲーマーズ新企画
・新作タイトルの続報を中心に数々の新情報
Nier Automata is getting a 12 page special feature next week in famitsu. Looks like we will be getting lots of info at E3 :)

sackninja

This is exactly what I mean! Although I'm sure the number is much greater than "dozens". If you're buying a Wii U in 2015 or 2016, you're far more likely to be interested in a Mario game than a new PS4 owner in 2015 / 2016 is interested in Knack.

And this is, of course, speculation, since we don't have numbers for Knack. But out of the 4.82 million copies of 3D World, one would assume at least a few hundred thousand of those are from the UK.

If a game isnt in the top 40 in the u.k it very much is dozens. Plus knack still charts from time to time where as mario never does. The fact is Knack started by selling higher and has charted more often than knack in the uk. You seem to not follow the charts for the uk, the wii u is really dead there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom