• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexad

Lying to gamers is fine on such matters. Lying to investors is not. The statements made relating to Neo were targeted at investors.

Yep, no point a week before E3 to lie to gamers and investors just to reveal it the very next week. Now two months ago, maybe, plans could change. I doubt it in a week.

Anyone else feel like Capcom is really reluctant to work with Sony? If you look at there other partnerships with MS and Nintendo Sony kind of has the worst one. Nintendo is exclusively getting Monster Hunter, one of the most popular games in Japan. MS gets Dead Rising, DR3 arguably being the best launch title with a sequel on the way. Sony gets a F2P launch window game that never came out and an incomplete Street Fighter 5 that the Capcom executives seemed reluctant to even make.

Shin-chan

Anyone else feel like Capcom is really reluctant to work with Sony? If you look at there other partnerships with MS and Nintendo Sony kind of has the worst one. Nintendo is exclusively getting Monster Hunter, one of the most popular games in Japan. MS gets Dead Rising, DR3 arguably being the best launch title with a sequel on the way. Sony gets a F2P launch window game that never came out and an incomplete Street Fighter 5 that the Capcom executives seemed reluctant to even make.
They also have Deep Down which obviously hit a few snags. I wouldn't be shocked to see DMC be a Sony partnership as well. If anything I'd say they're more happy to work with Sony than the others, unless the IP is primarily a handheld one.

Either way, Dead Rising is a pretty unappealing franchise. I think MS got the shortest end of the stick.

Elandyll

Banned
They also have Deep Down which obviously hit a few snags. I wouldn't be shocked to see DMC be a Sony partnership as well. If anything I'd say they're more happy to work with Sony than the others, unless the IP is primarily a handheld one.

Either way, Dead Rising is a pretty unappealing franchise. I think MS got the shortest end of the stick.

I think that's what he meand by the F2P that never came out.

Now not being a DR fan (or a fighter fan either), it does seem from the outside that the SF deal (botched by Capcom, but I doubt on purpose) is by far the bigger one (in theory). But I may be wrong /shrug

All in all I think Capcom made deals supposed to be co-financed depending on each platform's demo?

Sales wise, maybe. But I'd argue the FGC esports factor puts SFV above DR3 despite it's commericial reception.

Nintendo is the clear winner though. MH is quality through and through and sells in ways that Capcom can only hope other titles replicate sometime soon.

Shin-chan

I think that's what he meand by the F2P.

Now not being a DR fan (or a fighter fan either), it does seem from the outside that the SF deal (botched by Capcom, but I doubt on purpose) is by far the bigger one (in theory). But I may be wrong /shrug
I'll be shocked if DD is still F2P now. It's going to be full AAA bullshit style with a shared universe and years worth of content support in the pipeline to try and capture that F2P cash on top of the usual $60 price tag like The Division or Destiny. Or Street Fighter as well I guess.

I know that SFV as a franchise should have more weight to it than DR, but it seems like Capcom focused more effort on one more than the other, if you know what I mean.

A year from now, I don't think you'll be feeling the same way.

Nothing has leaked yet... does that mean there's nothing worthy to leak before the conference? :(

I sure hope that isn't the case and tomorrow we really get "year of dreams" 2.0 :)

HOLY SHIT

What? I was just saying - the guy sounds very sure of that. He should leave some room for doubt. You never know with these things.

Also, Didin't OsirisBlack indicate that Deep Down was coming back as a Neo showcase? And outside of myself, far many others have hinted on the DMC-PS4 deal in the past. This shouldn't come as any surprise to those who have been paying attention.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
1465751590451.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom