• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shin-chan

I know. It's Capcoms own Wonderful 101 but with all of their own characters making up the squad. This is their way of bringing back all of their old IP alongside the live stuff in the most bombastic action game ever made.

Eh, I think mainline Socom is dead for good.
However I could see Confrontation 2 happening in the next 2-3 years.

I would be completely fine with that. Give me Confrontation 2 but make some important gameplay and design adjustments and I'll be happy.

Crossing my fingers and toes for:

Killzone : Guerilla Cambridge
Socom 5: Sucker Punch
Driveclub 2: Codemasters (console exclusive, also coming to PC)
Crash Bandicoot: Naughty Dog
Knack 2: Cerny Games

Dreams 2.0

Yes!!! I don't know about sucker punch though haha that seems like an odd match but damn I'll take it, I'll take anything!

Sony Bend = Syphon Filter 4 with Socom 5 multiplayer.

They might be a much better fit to make a new SOCOM than sucker punch.

VanWinkle

I really hope Dreams will be a good GAME (beyond the creation stuff). I'm a BIG MM fan. NOTHING I have seen thus far convinces me remotely. That worries me, since I was on board with LBP and Tearaway from the first time they showed them. But I've never been into the creation stuff. I found LBP was awesome just as a game (same with Tearaway, which pretty much WAS just a game).

I look at this new video of it, where they start controlling the character https://youtu.be/e4_X3k9UlgU?t=32m49s here, and it looks terrible. I just worry that if the core gameplay and movement and stuff isn't solid, then it will fail in that respect. But who knows. Maybe there's a lot they haven't shown us in that regard.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Crossing my fingers and toes for:

Killzone : Guerilla Cambridge
Socom 5: Sucker Punch
Driveclub 2: Codemasters (console exclusive, also coming to PC)
Crash Bandicoot: Naughty Dog
Knack 2: Cerny Games

Dreams 2.0

Add...

Resistance 4: Insomniac (with FoM inspired Multi, R2 inspired Co-op, R3 inspired SP)

...why would Sucker Punch make SOCOM? lol.

Love SOCOM, but I don't see it as a good fit either.

If Sony wants to get back into the SOCOM game, give a small, internal team a chance with a remaster or remake of SOCOM 1/2. They need to build from the ground up cause the series is at rock bottom. It would allow the new team to create something people love and give them a chance to interact with the community. Let them learn about the SOCOM people loved before making a new one.

Or just give me a remaster of S2 with online support (wouldn't mind CA in addition to S2 for both groups within the overall community) and tell us it's been a fun ride, but it's over.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
brace yourself

1465753888871.gif

NHale

Add...

Resistance 4: Insomniac (with FoM inspired Multi, R2 inspired Co-op, R3 inspired SP)

Incredible how that simple Co-op mode is still better than 95% of any attempt at co-op since.

Syndicate co-op missions/mode are the only ones I can remember being better.

DKHF

I don't know, guys. DR 4, Ori 2, Titanfall 2 gameplay... all leaked. Sony's time for the leaks is coming? =p
Please no, I hope nothing leaks but something probably will... Hopefully Dead Don't Ride doesn't leak at all (in terms of images/footage, I know there was small teases from shinobi) so it has the biggest possible impact.

labaronx

I thought it Was a fairly decent experience honestly... could it have been better... yes but its far from rubbish after my first hands on with it

Boke1879

Lots of leaks in the Xbox thread. From games we know about but still. First look at recore and release date.

Keep those leaks tight Sony.

Shin-chan

Maybe Demonite was right and Sonys ninjas are faster than Microsofts.

It's a shame for them because Ori and a Capcom exclusive are I assume what we're supposed to be big crowd pleasers.

Mendax

Maybe Demonite was right and Sonys ninjas are faster than Microsofts.

It's a shame for them because Ori and a Capcom exclusive are I assume what we're supposed to be big crowd pleasers.

the fact of having a capcom exclusive would please crowds?

Kuraudo

Banned
I still can't believe how tight lipped the Sony presser is so far.

Sony security was pretty good last year. There were no rumblings about FFVII until a couple of hours before the conference. And the only thing pointing to Shenmue was from Yu Suzuki himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom