• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE:MILKMAN

Yeah, but that's just not going to happen. You also said there's 0 chance of it being at E3, which is incorrect.

Sony would be insane to not talk about PS4K at E3 after all the leaks and rumours.

Also if the NEO (and Xbox) are the start of iterations where the current consoles continue alongside then there should not be an issue with revealing them. In fact the most important aspect to the reveal is exactly how all this will work. I would think they would want to explain things months in advance to prepare everyone for this new way of doing things.

Wonderbook returns HYPE
elZ5B.gif
lol

Liamc723

PS3 slim was announced in August 2009 at Gamescom and released the following month in September

The Super slim was announced at TGS in September 2012 and released in October.

I think TGS makes sense. You announce it at E3 and sales will drop until October

PS4K is far more than just a slimmed down console.

Papacheeks

Banned
I want to see Huber from Eazy Allies go ape shit again when Crash get's announced, and they show shenmue 3 gameplay.

That was the best part of E3 for me seeing the meltdowns. :)

"Some people just want to watch the world Burn"

I sort of feel like Neo has to be shown doesn't it? This is a radical new step for the industry and if its indeed launching this year they will need plenty of runway to explain the product to the public and start the marketing cycle. Waiting until TGS does not seem like a very smart idea at all.

Also dev's have devkits for it right now and will likely be demoing Neo versions at E3. Do we really expect God of War 4 to show up on stage and it not be the best looking / best performing version of the game?

Papacheeks

Banned
I sort of feel like Neo has to be shown doesn't it? This is a radical new step for the industry and if its indeed launching this year they will need plenty of runway to explain the product to the public and start the marketing cycle. Waiting until TGS does not seem like a very smart idea at all.

Also dev's have devkits for it right now and will likely be demoing Neo versions at E3. Do we really expect God of War 4 to show up on stage and it not be the best looking / best performing version of the game?

I bet you they show it running God of war 4.

I bet you they show it running God of war 4.

Yeah this is what I'm expecting. Them to come out and describe the Neo concept a little bit and then do something like "But let's show you what it can do." Straight into a demo of God of War 4. It makes an awful lot of sense

Here we go!.gif

They won't show it unless they're releasing it soon. If it comes this year, maybe they'll announce it at Gamescom if they even announce it at a conference at all.

icespide

Banned
based on what we've heard about the PS4K's capabilities, I don't think the graphical differences are going to be large enough for a "look at this shit" moment on an E3 stage.

orochi91

It's the biggest stage in gaming, so I'd be appalled if they shy away from revealing NEO.

Or perhaps they've seen notable negative backlash and will go for a low-key approach; getting booed on stage while revealing the NEO would be mortifying.

I'm looking forward towards some PS4K information. I want to know how games will be supported.

Actual games:
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Destiny (2?)
Bloodborne 2 please
New Sucker Punch game

PS3 slim was announced in August 2009 at Gamescom and released the following month in September

The Super slim was announced at TGS in September 2012 and released in October.

I think TGS makes sense. You announce it at E3 and sales will drop until October.

It's an open secret, everybody's talking about it. So it's gonna be weird if they don't adress it at E3, even if they originally didn't plan to.

Here we go!.gif

They won't show it unless they're releasing it soon. If it comes this year, maybe they'll announce it at Gamescom if they even announce it at a conference at all.

Have they ever revealed major hardware at Gamescom before though? E3 is typically the place for that. Only reason I don't forsee it being at E3 is if they are going to have its own stand alone conference like the PS4 reveal was. The Neo is a major major deal and its going to need an awful lot of explanation to the general public what it is.

If the Neo itself isn't there, I do fully expect to see Neo versions of games. God of War 4 will be shown in the best possible light it can, and given they are an internal studio they likely had access to Neo dev kits before any of this became public

Menitta

What kinda bums me out and hampers my expectations is that God of War 4 is going to be the main megaton, probably, and I have zero interest in that series. That's just me though.

est1992

I'm always so torn at E3 time. It's like damn, I want some leaks and info now, forget the month long wait. But then I'm always so happy with the game announcements that have absolutely no leaks before hand. Anyways, I hope Sony has some major aces up their sleeves.

Piscus

Anyone know who to contact about getting on their E3 presentation invite list? I'm on Microsoft's, Ubisoft's, and Bethesda's, and was on Nintendo and EA's lists in years past... I can't seem to lock down the right contact channel for Sony!

PM me plz

based on what we've heard about the PS4K's capabilities, I don't think the graphical differences are going to be large enough for a "look at this shit" moment on an E3 stage.

That GPU increase is more than capable of a "look at this shit" moment. Far more than enough frankly

icespide

Banned
That GPU increase is more than capable of a "look at this shit" moment. Far more than enough frankly

yeah but it seems like from the rumors Sony doesn't want night and day differences. they just want slightly better stuff. it seems like they are being very careful not to take a shit on existing PS4 owners, at least that's the impression I get

wiibomb

are there all conferences announced with dates now? need to know if there is anything worth on tuesday now that Nintendo won't be showing

orochi91

yeah but it seems like from the rumors Sony doesn't want night and day differences. they just want slightly better stuff

I was under the impression that Sony only prohibits exclusive features and games for NEO.

Night and day differences will only ever manifest in 1st-Party games, since those push hardware way more than multiplats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom