• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think them announcing Crash is pretty much a given at this point with everything going on. It's the worst kept secret yet :V

For those who haven't played Uncharted 4, there's TWO mandatory playable Crash levels remade from the ground up. Naughty Dog specifically said last year that this was impossible due to Activision owning the rights.
Yup something is obviously happening with crash. They weren't even allowed to put him in their art book what like a year ago? Whether its a new game,classics or HD remasters crash is doing something

fixuis

Crash PS4, Knack 2, Warhawk/Starhawk PS4, MAG PS4, Colony wars PS4, Ace combat VR, PS4 Neo announcement and release this year.

GopherD

Give me a poem, a tease...SOMETHING!
There once was a man from Nantucket
Who saw our marketing schedule and said "Fuck it"
Show all that we know
Makes for great shows
Dreams 2.0, better lock it

Off the top of my head. Eat that, marketing....

FelipeMGM

Aww yiss. I made a Crash overlay for avatars if anyone wants one:
VzyaRdy.png

And an avatar too:
raQZWcR.png

Let's do this! Year of Dreams 2.0!

Aww man, this is amazing, thanks for making this awesome overlay!!

Camjo-Z

Will watch for, and inevitably be disappointed by the lack of, PaRappa 3. Hopefully there's at least a revival of some other classic PS1 series to lessen the blow.

also unironic knack 2 hype

This is the first E3 where I could careless for some surprises or bombs.

Final Fantasy XV is being released
Pokémon Sun and Moon is being released a couple months later.
Persona 5 should get a release date at E3 considering Japan's release date was recently announced.

I would love an update on Mass Effect Andromeda.

I'm just at a point where I just want to play the games I've waited so long to play more than I want to be surprised with other stuff.

Show all that we know
Makes for great shows

Wallet opens on its own and ejects debit card

Will watch for, and inevitably be disappointed by the lack of, PaRappa 3. Hopefully there's at least a revival of some other classic PS1 series to lessen the blow.

also unironic knack 2 hype

Knack army ensemble. It is time

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Show all that we know
Makes for great shows

Nobody seems to mind showing 2017 (or 2018) games. Just give us FUN SHIT!

Jmille99

Hard to believe itll be better than last year. My predictions:

Horizon (release date given)
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare
The Tomorrow Children (release date)
Wattam - "available now"
Detroit
Red Dead Redemption 2
Sucker Punch next game
Mass Effect Andromeda
Persona 5 US date
Ni No Kuni 2
God of War IV
Drawn to Death (release date given)
PSVR
Sony Bends next game
Kojima tease - concept art?
Team up w/ Activision - new Crash Bandicoot

SNURB

Yup something is obviously happening with crash. They weren't even allowed to put him in their art book what like a year ago? Whether its a new game,classics or HD remasters crash is doing something

They put him in the art book but the Activision copyrights are there. It's that they forbade them from using Crash in promotional stuff for the ND 30th Anniversay. He also wasn't in PSABAR.

Menitta

I really hope there's something about Yakuza 0 on stage, but I doubt it. I'd like it if Sony or Atlus put more marketing towards it, but i's just not that high profile in the west, and probably never will be.

schaft0620

I'm OK with only 1 or 2 new games counting Sony Bend. I expect to leave E3 with a lot but for MS to buy up most of the marketing deals.

Sony:
NNK2: Reverent Kingdom
More Horizon ZD
Dead Don't Ride
Indies
TLG release date
Suckerpunch Spider-Man
Uncharted 4 DLC
Persona 5
Drawn to Death released during the show

I'm still erect over last year so that's OK.

Vinc

Is playstation experience happening this year in theaters?

I'm asking, but I feel like the EZA announcement tomorrow might be related...

Boke1879

What I get from Gopher's post. Sony or anyone for that matter doesn't give a fuck about showing titles coming out next year or even in 2018 and they will just show it to build hype for the brand.

So yea. I expect a surprise or two.

silva1991

If they waste few minutes on the PS4 version of Rise of Tomb Raider I will be pissed

we already know they will probably waste time on COD: infinite dislikes and VR and possible Neo.

If they waste few minutes on the PS4 version of Rise of Tomb Raider I will be pissed

we already know they will probably waste time on COD: infinite dislikes and VR and possible Neo.

You shouldn't expect to see the PS4 version of TR in anything except montages at Sony's conference. It'll probably pop up at Square's press conference if they do one this year.

Boke1879

Before you start complaining. Prepare yourself to see COD (of course they will show this. IT'll sell systems), Destiny, Watch Dogs 2 and any other 3 parts marketing deal they have.

What do you guys think...Horizon this year or early next?

Arguments for next year
- Shinobi said so
- We've seen very little of the game
- Sony's been delaying all of their major games and seem to prefer Spring for exclusives

Arguments for this year
- They haven't delayed it yet. Hadn't they delayed Uncharted 4 by this point last year? I would think announcing a delay before E3 would make the most sense so E3 doesn't bring any bad news.
- The French ad saying 2016 in the Uncharted 4 box.

Apathy

I fail to see how they could ever possibly top last year. Last year was basically them bringing the dreams of things that would never happen come true. They would have to reanimate ODB on stage and have him rap with a hologram of parappa as their announcement to be able to top last year.

That being said, I am excited to see what they will be showing. They are firmly in the drivers seat now, and I hope they put the naysayers down by showing them that by being in front it does not mean they are going to stop trying to get better. Frankly gaming and the Playstation brand is the most important (or maybe second most) part of Sony, no way can they sit back on their laurels.

jiggle

Sounds like the good place to bring out PS all-stars revival
And that's probably all the crash we'll get
And Spiderman
Bookending God of war 4

Menitta

What do you guys think...Horizon this year or early next?

Arguments for next year
- Shinobi said so
- Sony's been delaying all of their major games and seem to prefer Spring for exclusives

Arguments for this year
- They haven't delayed it yet. Hadn't they delayed Uncharted 4 by this point last year? I would think announcing a delay before E3 would make the most sense so E3 doesn't bring any bad news.
- The French ad saying 2016 in the Uncharted 4 box.

I wouldn't count on the last argument for this year. Some ads for Watch Dogs, when it was going to be November, said something like "2 months is long enough in Los Santos. Come to Chicago." Those came out like 2 weeks before it was delayed. (IIRC)

Any delay can be made at the last minute. Whether Sony will is the question.

My guess is they'll show a trailer w/o a release date and then delay it in August or September.

I know not a lot of people care about it, but I'd have a meltdown on the scale of FF7/Shenmue fans if they announced SOCOM 1/2 HD with online play.

This is intentional. Guerrilla have said that they feel that some mystery in games is lost nowadays with developers showing so much before their release. So they're intentionally withholding info and footage.

I don't think they necessarily prefer Spring, I just think they're one of the publishers that have realized that Fall isn't the end all be all like other publishers treat it. There's no reason to stuff so many major releases into two months of the year. So if they have to delay the game then so be it. I think we're going to start seeing more games spread out through the year instead of everything being so focused on the holidays.

I could see it being delayed. They've never been 100% committed to 2016 in the first place. It's their target, but it's not something they're going to push if it's not ready. Yoshida stated after DRIVECLUB's launch issues that they don't want that to happen again, so delays are okay if they're needed. People complained about Uncharted 4's delays, but given its quality I don't think anyone has an issue with those delays now.

silva1991

Before you start complaining. Prepare yourself to see COD (of course they will show this. IT'll sell systems), Destiny, Watch Dogs 2 and any other 3 parts marketing deal they have.

And all of those will be released on a cost of Horizon's delay

holiday Sony will strike again yay!

schaft0620

I agree with you, I guess MS has the Battlefield deal so Sony will have COD.

I don't get why Ubisoft even has a stage show because half their games are going to be on the Microsoft stage and the other half the games are going to be on the Sony stage

Blanquito

Looking forward to more Battlefront and Call of Duty wasting valuable 8-bit pixel-art indie game time.

Haha quality post. Insult two types of people in one small post. A+

Show all that we know
Makes for great shows

You're the kid that got an A in creative writing, aren't you?

RPGamer92

Banned
I remember how everyone was worrying last year about how quiet Sony was leading up to their conference and how that meant it would be bad. Good times lol.

DeaDPo0L84

I know not a lot of people care about it, but I'd have a meltdown on the scale of FF7/Shenmue fans if they announced SOCOM 1/2 HD with online play.

I can guarantee at least 12 copies sold between me and my clan who I am still friends with from when we played. We have been begging for this to happen forever,its insane how Sony continues to give this the cold shoulder.

Boke1879

And all of those will be released on a cost of Horizon's delay

holiday Sony will strike again yay!

Do you know if Horizon has been delayed? If it is it's because the game needs more time. Sony has shown they don't mind 3rd parties bearing the load for the Holiday and the consumer has shown they don't mind either.

Personall I don't want Horizon, a new IP to go up against COD, BF1, Destiny, Watch Dogs, Gears 4 etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom