• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
meh.jpg

Drake is such a liar.

Sounds like Xenoblade Chronicles.

If Horizon can replicate XBC's brilliant sense of exploration, while concurrently weaving a crazy/interesting story, then GG will have a masterpiece on their hands.

A great OST is a necessity, as well.

They should get Joris de Man back to do the score. He did a superb job on the Killzone games.

I just skimmed through a walkthrough of Crash 3 and damn, no wonder I have such fond memories of it! I wouldn't even mind a Ratchet and Clank kind of remake, sell each one of them for $40 and I'd bite.

I think that's probably the best to hope for, can't think of any studio out there besides Nintendo that could do justice to such a game. Sanzaru or whatever their name is suck so no, God no. ND were going to bring back Jak as fuck knows what that was, the only hope I have for a new Crash game would be ND building a small team up specifically for this game, with ND tech and gameplay designers that work on platforming games. At present, ND can't do platforming at all.

_Ryo_

So my personal Year of Dreams megaton list?

Shenmue HD collection.
Persona 3 Definitive.
Crash Bandicoot.
First party JRPG from Sony.

Bamco already delivered one item in my Dreams 2.0 list by announcing not only a new mainline SRW, but confirming English language at the same time.

The Sony JRPGs are so interesting to me. I think Verendus mentioned then once (or maybe twice?) and then nothing.

I kinda don't believe they exist just because it seems like such a strange genre for Sony to dabble their feet in given that their machine is already a JRPG magnet.

_Ryo_

That's a damn hype list. Wouldn't quite measure up to the holy trinity of '15, but it'd be damn close.

What would you recommend place Persona 3 Definitive with? And what would make it measure up to the holy trinity of 2015?

Note thoug, that striking out Persona 3 is unforgivable. Your answer only affects how cruel your punishment may be. :p

IF I had to make a list without any remakes.

Ape Escape 4
Crash Bandicoot 4
Final Fantasy X-0
New JRPG from Sony first party.
Persona 5.

Same amount of games as my previous list if you consider Shenmue HD collection 2 games.

What would you recommend place Persona 3 Definitive with? And what would make it measure up to the holy trinity of 2015?

Note thoug, that striking out Persona 3 is unforgivable. Your answer only affects how cruel your punishment may be. :p

Ape Escape 4
Crash Bandicoot 4
Final Fantasy X-0
Persona 5.

Same amount of games as my previous list if you consider Shenmue HD collection 2 games.

Persona 3 & 4 HD Collection
SMTV
FF6r

I'd take any of these personally. Totally likely to show up.

I wim still waiting on the JRPG plz dont fail me Studio Japan
Plz be real

If it's real and they are making a JRPG internally, it won't be announced until next E3 at earliest.

Japan Studio is releasing too massive games this year, Gravity Rush 2 and The Last Guardian.

Only way it could happen is if it's from another developer like Bloodborne/White Knight Chronicles (etc, etc.).

Philippo

If it's real and they are making a JRPG internally, it won't be announced until next E3 at earliest.

Japan Studio is releasing too massive games this year, Gravity Rush 2 and The Last Guardian.

Only way it could happen is if it's from another developer like Bloodborne/White Knight Chronicles (etc, etc.).

Didn't Verendus said that Level 5 had another PS4 exclusive aside from NnK2, but it's co-developed with Japan Studio? Maybe it's that?
If it's real, that's it

Ape Escape 4
Crash Bandicoot 4
Final Fantasy X-0
Persona 5.

I just flat out didn't like Persona 3, so I have no interest in a remaster, or whatever Definitive means. Big fan of 4 Golden, but 3 I had to quit halfway through, because it was too repetitive, the story was going nowhere and it generally bored me to tears.

To match last year, I think I'd have to get deeply subjective and yearn for something wanted on a personal level that isn't widely desirable like FF7R, Shenmue 3 and TLG's re-reveal were. A Crash Bandicoot by Naughty Dog aside, which is on the same level as the aforementioned megatons, a Shenmue 1+2 HD Collection by Bluepoint and a proper Klonoa sequel that follows closely in the footsteps of the two mainline entries would pretty much equal last year's trifecta for me in terms of impact. Maybe. If you absolutely have to pare it down to three announcements.

I'm not going into E3 with the mindset that last year can be topped anyway, and it's fine if it isn't. Those are unrealistic expectations to have. Just give me a well-paced conference that isn't jam-packed with fluff, filler, timed-exclusive announcements and CoD/Destiny/Assassin's Creed screen time and has some big announcements and I'm cool. At this rate though, I really do expect a Crash reveal for the PS4. If we go through all of E3 and there's still nothing on Crash, then Sony fucked up big time.

Actually, here's how you definitively beat any E3 ever. Sega officially announces they're back in the hardware race - Dreamcast 2 is unveiled. Ristar 2, Jet Set Radio 3 and Power Stone 3 are launch titles. The specs are outrageous, the console itself is affordable, online is free and every unit gets a free copy of ChuChu Rocket 2 bundled with it. Would never happen, but that's why it's called a DREAM!

The Sony JRPGs are so interesting to me. I think Verendus mentioned then once (or maybe twice?) and then nothing.

I kinda don't believe they exist just because it seems like such a strange genre for Sony to dabble their feet in given that their machine is already a JRPG magnet.
It isn't that strange considering previous Playstations had similar and sometimes better jrpg support and yet Sony commissioned jrpg projects anyway

Arc the lad, wild arms, legend of dragoon
Dark cloud, okage, rogue Galaxy
White knight chronicles, folklore
PS3 wasn't too fortunate since the western shift happened

DavidDesu

To be honest a Shenmue 1+2 HD announcement would I think be better for me than the fact Shenmue 3 is finally happening. I want to play Shenmue 1 again in decent quality and just experience it all again. So many good memories attached to that game. I never completed Shenmue 2 back in the day so I'd love to give it another chance and get really into this story. THEN I think I'll be ready to be fully hyped for Shenmue 3. At this point in time it's a game I'm not sure what to make of in terms of what to expect versus the originals, a Shenmue made now and not in 2000, and with the relatively light budget they have to play with.

Didn't Verendus said that Level 5 had another PS4 exclusive aside from NnK2, but it's co-developed with Japan Studio? Maybe it's that?
If it's real, that's it

I guess I'd go along with that, but don't they already have the next Dragon Quest & Ni No Kuni 2 on their plate? Seems like a lot to then have a third big console RPG to be working on.

EDIT:

Well once they are done with making a Mega Man like game then they can move onto making the spiritual successor to Mega Man Legends.

Maybe they're working on one of those IPs that have been registered. Wasn't there one called "Sentinel"? Might be their new game.
I liked Entwined, so i'm looking forward what they're up to.

Oh man i'd love a TPS made by 'em.

Glad it's not just me.

I loved SSHD, and I played some Resogun, but the arcade style games just don't have the holding power for me that a proper shooter would.

And with their take on mechanics I'd love to see them try a TPS so much.

kevin1025

Banned
Wait, wait, wait... Gravity Rush 2 is this year?! Like in the west as well?! Oh god, I already have too many games...

If Level 5 is making a second RPG with Studio Japan, I imagine it's being saved since Ni No Kuni 2 is going to get a lot of love first. And it's probably (hopefully) Dark Cloud 3.

Scotia

Banned
We doing dream lists? Here's my (slightly crazy) list:

Crash
SF3 3rd Strike OE PS4
Any main Dragon Quest game on PS4

Wait, wait, wait... Gravity Rush 2 is this year?! Like in the west as well?! Oh god, I already have too many games...

If Level 5 is making a second RPG with Studio Japan, I imagine it's being saved since Ni No Kuni 2 is going to get a lot of love first. And it's probably (hopefully) Dark Cloud 3.
Yeah, they said they were going to try and get GR2 to hit this year since it will be the "year of PS4" or what not.

kevin1025

Banned
I know about DQ11, but I was more implying older DQ games. That's why I said any.

Hopefully the Final Fantasy VII release on PS4 did well enough that Square Enix start to release a bunch of their older games on PS4, along with doing some PS2-PS4 classics.

Zukkoyaki

My holy trinity from last year was Horizon, Dreams, and The Last Guardian. I personally have no interest in FFVII or Shenmue but I remember feeling the excitement regardless.

A Dreams 2.0 for me would be...
- Devil May Cry 5
- Sucker Punch new IP
- Sony first party AAA JRPG

Wabba

I have always been hyped for E3, but this year i am not feeling it. I think that because nothing ever is going to top what they did last year. Now there is no secrets left. Maybe Agent but they haven't even showed a screenshot so there is nothing to be hyped about.

I'd rather have Itsuno work on i dunno... Power Stone 3 instead of DMC5.
+ i'd rather have DmC2.

Pls no.

If Itsuno isn't working on DMC5, then it should be Dragons Dogma 2.

If we get DmC2 over or before DMC5, then we'll...

I mean, Capcoms in a mess for a reason. That would make sense.

Shin-chan

My year of dreams is Devil May Cry 5, Ninja Gaiden 4 and SMTV for console.

Sonys internal studios are pretty much spoken for and the ones that aren't I hope are working on new IP, so it's hard to "dream" of what you have no clue about.

In terms of genres I'd like them to focus on, JRPG is obvious and I'd like Sucker Punch to make a wide linear action game instead of Infamous. Who knows what Dead Dont Ride is but if it has a motorcycle element I imagine it's open world and I feel like Sony has enough of those in the pipeline (GR2 and Horizon) that I'd like something different.

I hope God of War is an evolution in more than just the setting. I'd like it to be a reincarnation of Kratos with a new fighting style and weapon set because we've had plenty of the chain blades already, and I'd like for the Zelda aspirations of the original game to be more fully realised (imagine an interconnected world of linear levels like a Zelda game but with God of War's scale). That's fairly specific but really I'd just like for the series to try something new - Ascension showed that it's spread a bit thin. They also need to get the dodge button off the right stick.

Shin-chan

I have always been hyped for E3, but this year i am not feeling it. I think that because nothing ever is going to top what they did last year. Now there is no secrets left. Maybe Agent but they haven't even showed a screenshot so there is nothing to be hyped about.
If anything I think this makes me more excited for it. There's no more waiting with baited breath for the big ones to show up anymore and Sony isn't going to be judged on whether or not this is the year they decide to re reveal TLG or not.

It feels like a clean slate.

Edit: sorry, double post.

My year of dreams is Devil May Cry 5, Ninja Gaiden 4 and SMTV for console.

*High-five*

What I wouldn't do for a NG4. But it doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon.

It's unfortunate what happened with that series. It was all downhill after the first one (or Black).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom