• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinjooh

How the hell do you guys make those damn good gifs?

A combination of photoshop and after effects. It's not that difficult once you try it a few times. I'd gladly give you some pointers if you ever decide to give it a shot.

I believe both programs have a 30 day trial?

MLyL1OC.jpg

Guess I got a nice bathroom break at this conference again...

And with how long the CoD section felt last year, it'll be a nice coffee break as well.

Yep. As if this wasn't going to happen and it suddenly came out of nowhere. We already know CoD is going to get time at a press conference every year. Deal with it.

Reading the comments in the thread when it's live is quite hilarious though. Sounds like people are being literally tortured.

Secret holy trinity last year:

Nier Automata
South Park
For Honor

Now ,,wishing" for:

Beyond Good & Evil 2 or Japan Studio new AAA IP
Devil May Cry 5 or simply Resident Evil 7 not looking like shit (i.e. not like 5/6)
Crash or Rayman 4

But I'd already be content with close release dates for the E3/PSX/PGW announcements from last year. Call of Duty is now on expected bore-time alongside VR.
Preferably, Neo is also less of a shit hardware than the original PS4.

Dunno if this has already been said:

Dragonball Xenoverse 2?
I've read on a dutch gamesite i daily check that it would be announced.

Not sure if it was at E3 though..

big fake

Year of Dreams 2.0 wish list.

Jak 4 announced ND developing it.
DMC5 with a true DMC Dante feel.
RDR 2 announced with RDR remaster available in late September.
Jet Set Radio Future 2 (this one is just my childhood screaming speaking).

Release dates I want to be released:
TLG obviously.
NieR Automata
Horizon Zero Dawn

Boke1879

Are people still complaining we'll see COD, Destiny, whatever other 3rd party games decide to show up.

I mean it happens every year. It's known quantity, these are the games that get the masses to buy consoles. What do you expect?

Shin-chan

It doesn't help that the CoD demo is always the most dull scripted trash that AAA games can offer, including trademark slow camera pans and a turret section.

All will be redeemed if there is a 2016 release date for TLG and GR2.

Bonus points if Dead Dont Ride looks good.

I think this is around the time when Sony's sweating the most. Last year they got so close to the show without anything major leaking and then everything just dropped. They managed to get a week before E3 before things started leaking. The Guardian said they have very reliable sources confirming that TLG would resurface there, then a day before E3 Yu Suzuki tweeted out an image of a forklift, and the morning of E3 Siliconera posted that FF7R was in development.

They've once again managed to make it close without anything really leaking. There's of course PS4K/Neo, but it doesn't seem like anyone is particularly confident that it'll be there. The same goes for Bend's game. So there really aren't any substantial rumors like last year as of now.

olitheoblong

Neo Member
Dream 2.0 for me

Crash
Socom remastered
Sucka punch - spiderman game
Sony bends new IP

Tbh I'm looking forward to seeing more of the games already announced.

Horizon
Last guardian
Gravity rush 2
Dreams

Yesssssir!

Demo or trailer, though? Hopefully a trailer like this one. I still get goosebumps watching it.

I was really surprised last year when they had a Demo of Horizon and not just a trailer, hopefully they do something like that again.

CGI trailers, no thanks. (Only exception to this would be stuff like Final Fantasy 7 Remake)

One big announcement will still leak i bet

Possibly, but it seems like Sony's trying to be even more quiet this time around than they were last year. There seems to be nothing at all from them on social media (aside from Toyama mentioning that they were prepping for E3). Yoshida hasn't mentioned E3 at all so far aside from retweeting the date of the conference. The same goes for people like Adam and Gio. They're just dead silent on it. And i'd guess they're telling everyone involved with the show to keep quiet as well.

If Crash gets announced no one complain about CoD or Destiny. Without the Activision partnership it would never exist.

Yup, lol.

I was really surprised last year when they had a Demo of Horizon and not just a trailer, hopefully they do something like that again.

CGI trailers, no thanks. (Only exception to this would be stuff like Final Fantasy 7 Remake)

Yeah, it was absolutely insane they were able to go right into gameplay at the end of the Horizon trailer.

Agreed, CGI trailers have to be for something incredibly special I think for them not to be annoying to most people, FF7 Remake being a perfect example.

I think this is around the time when Sony's sweating the most. Last year they got so close to the show without anything major leaking and then everything just dropped. They managed to get a week before E3 before things started leaking. The Guardian said they have very reliable sources confirming that TLG would resurface there, then a day before E3 Yu Suzuki tweeted out an image of a forklift, and the morning of E3 Siliconera posted that FF7R was in development.

They've once again managed to make it close without anything really leaking. There's of course PS4K/Neo, but it doesn't seem like anyone is particularly confident that it'll be there. The same goes for Bend's game. So there really aren't any substantial rumors like last year as of now.
Yeah, those had the benefit of being so out of this world that the leaks didn't ruin anything. People weren't going to believe either way.

I don't think the same will happen for surprises this year. Especially after last year.

Yeah, those had the benefit of being so out of this world that the leaks didn't ruin anything. People weren't going to believe either way.

I don't think the same will happen for surprises this year. Especially after last year.

Yeah, those were three that seemed to always surface before E3. So people were just accustomed to dismissing them. There isn't really anything like that except HL3. That would be a huge surprise as I get the feeling many don't think that it's in active development.

I'm sure there are people actively digging to find out if there's really anything to Sony getting Crash back. That's one where if there is any truth to it then i'm sure Sony has that locked away as tight as possible. Basically like the 8GB GDDR5 situation where some developers weren't even aware of it. So it was only known to people who could keep their mouths shut.

Yeah, even the leaks for the big 3 announcements were unusual in that they didn't hurt since those things had been impossible rumors for so long brought up every single year before Sony's conference (especially TLG and FF7R thanks to their connection to Playstation) that virtually everyone was like "LOL, sure, here we go again, I'll believe it when I see it".

THE:MILKMAN

Possibly, but it seems like Sony's trying to be even more quiet this time around than they were last year. There seems to be nothing at all from them on social media (aside from Toyama mentioning that they were prepping for E3). Yoshida hasn't mentioned E3 at all so far aside from retweeting the date of the conference. The same goes for people like Adam and Gio. They're just dead silent on it. And i'd guess they're telling everyone involved with the show to keep quiet as well.

I'd imagine they are agonising about whether to talk about Neo. I just can't see how they can avoid the subject at this point. All the execs are too busy writing the script for how great iterative consoles will be to be teasing on Twitter!

Corpsepyre

Banned
Cory Barlog Retweeted
Martino ‏@NaughtyGods Jun 4
@Lorderk @corybarlog @GdeFondaumiere @BillyHarper73 Just 10 days to go...

#E3

----

Probably means nothing, but one can still hope

I thought Kyoufu lost it when he started betting that FFVIIR would be in Sony's conference last year. Good thing I didn't take the bet, though xD

I'd imagine they are agonising about whether to talk about Neo. I just can't see how they can avoid the subject at this point. All the execs are too busy writing the script for how great iterative consoles will be to be teasing on Twitter!

I still don't see the benefit of announcing it at E3 if it's months away from release. They're targeting 20m sold for this fiscal year, so it's in their best interest to have no down time in terms of sales. Keep it as steady as possible.

Dovahking

The week before E3 2015, Sony announced a bunch of stuff on the PlayStation Blog.

Death’s Gambit announcement
Uncharted collection announcement
Ratchet&Clank gameplay trailer
Tearaway Unfolded release date
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture release date
PlanetSide 2 release date

I expect they will do that again.

Shredderi

Keep the new CoD the fuck away from the live conference please. Well, not even in my dreams I'm afraid. I just don't like how much time is given to the one game in the world that wouldn't really need all that time to communicate itself to the world.

So I was watching a video that Danny O'Dwyer posted on Friday. E3 came up and he was talking about E3. He started talking about E3 rumors and what people know or don't know. He said that some rumors that have been talked about are in fact true. Obviously he did not say what. Personally, I think he was talking about the Injustice 2 rumor. But who knows? There are so many possibilities. I wonder if anything else will leak this week.

Here's the video: https://youtu.be/gl49a_-80Zw?t=22m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom