• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE:MILKMAN

I still don't see the benefit of announcing it at E3 if it's months away from release. They're targeting 20m sold for this fiscal year, so it's in their best interest to have no down time in terms of sales. Keep it as steady as possible.

I really do think this change is big and I'd imagine it changes many traditionally held beliefs like how a slim/new model affects sales.I may be over thinking all this though and Sony are planning to treat this the same as they have slims and will just announce weeks before sale and not even mention the new hardware/extra power?

If it is a new dawn of iteration every 2-3 years I can't see it though. It will need time to explain and convince the masses that this is a good thing and why. The only places they would have the time to do this is E3 or a PS4 reveal type separate event.

Also if the console isn't coming this year as some believe then why are code submissions (gold master?) for Neo compatible titles starting in August? Doesn't that indicate in ~late September they'll be dual PS4/Neo enhanced games on sale and therefore Neo info on game cases?

OK they may leave the announcement until Gamescom but I think that is pretty risky.

Loudninja

Are people still complaining we'll see COD, Destiny, whatever other 3rd party games decide to show up.

I mean it happens every year. It's known quantity, these are the games that get the masses to buy consoles. What do you expect?
Same stuff every year this stuff,these events are fr everyone not just for us.

Dinjooh

I really do think this change is big and I'd imagine it changes many traditionally held beliefs like how a slim/new model affects sales.I may be over thinking all this though and Sony are planning to treat this the same as they have slims and will just announce weeks before sale and not even mention the new hardware/extra power?

If it is a new dawn of iteration every 2-3 years I can't see it though. It will need time to explain and convince the masses that this is a good thing and why. The only places they would have the time to do this is E3 or a PS4 reveal type separate event.

Also if the console isn't coming this year as some believe then why are code submissions (gold master?) for Neo compatible titles starting in August? Doesn't that indicate in ~late September they'll be dual PS4/Neo enhanced games on sale and therefore Neo info on game cases?

OK they may leave the announcement until Gamescom but I think that is pretty risky.

Oh they'll mention the power. No doubt about it in my mind.

I don't know if TGS is too late. But I imagine they'll announce it around there.

While this is obviously joked about a lot due to the whole "Sony Too" meme, I don't think it would be a bad idea for Sony to let MS stick their neck out first and then refine their announce/marketing strategy based on public response to it. It would not only allow them to do that but also allow them to continue to sell regular PS4's uninterrupted. And I feel that's something that they're likely trying to do as announcing a more powerful PS4 4-5 months before its launch may be putting the one that is available in a position where it's just sitting on shelves while people wait for the upgrade.

stryke

So I was watching a video that Danny O'Dwyer posted on Friday. E3 came up and he was talking about E3. He started talking about E3 rumors and what people know or don't know. He said that some rumors that have been talked about are in fact true. Obviously he did not say what. Personally, I think he was talking about the Injustice 2 rumor. But who knows? There are so many possibilities. I wonder if anything else will leak this week.

Here's the video: https://youtu.be/gl49a_-80Zw?t=22m

Lol I like how he throws Gamespot under the bus for rejecting the idea of commentating over conferences before it became a thing.

I doubt this will ever happen. Why do Sony put 3A budget into a JRPG when every 3rd party is supporting them?

Because an owned AAA ip will always be better than 3rd party that could be moneyhatted some day.plus they can focus on getting the most out of particular hardware.

5? More like 7 games --- 1, 2, 3, Ascension, Chain Of Olympus, Ghost Of Sparta and that mobile game, Betrayal.

The forgotten GOW game. It actually was well received when it was released. Never having a chance to play it (it was pre-smart phone days, so only specific phones could play it), I'd love to see a full-on remake of it for PS4 and Vita. I'd like to see it retain it's 2D side-scrolling nature, but modernized.

Saven

Banned
Just rewatched the GameTrailers reaction to FFVIIR and Shenmue III. Still gets me every time. I don't think that conference will ever be topped for me, so amazing. That reaction symbolizes what E3 should be about. Made me proud to be a gamer
and nerd out in real life

IMO the ideal GoW : Norse setup would be a dual-protagonist story of an "alternate universe" Kratos, aka Kratoson or whatever Norsified name of Kratos it'll be together with the Valkyrie that revived him as an Einhenjar.

That way we get a new protagonist as well as keep Kratos's iconic look with a different character altogether.

tumblr_n8h302Qeul1s7mwd3o1_500.jpg

c9265f36dd505b219086d89a7b44945c.jpg

SNURB

A combination of photoshop and after effects. It's not that difficult once you try it a few times. I'd gladly give you some pointers if you ever decide to give it a shot.

I believe both programs have a 30 day trial?

I wouldn't mind learning more about After Effects for more personal projects (I'm an animator so that would be handy) but I'm pretty good at Photoshop.

kevin1025

Banned
I quite enjoy the yearly Call of Duty E3 demo. But I can understand why some might find it mediocre.

I usually like the Call of Duty demos as well, mostly for the spectacle, but that particular one was not fun to watch. I'd take a disappointing Call of Duty demo over Just Dance celebrity shenanigans any day!

The God

Really? Most of the JRPGs, even though made by 3rd parties, are exclusive to Sony (except for handheld games). Can you say the same for shooters and action games?

I'm sure Sony would like their own IP that they can actually control though. Exclusive or not, most genres are well represented on PS4 yet those same genres still get their own first party games.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Closest thing to a rumor we have are the rumblings of something that sounds like it has a chance of being hirings for a Wild Arms game by a company that's totally Media.Vision and potentially something regarding Freedom Wars IP, since the nico nico channel for FW recently got a renewal.

http://ch.nicovideo.jp/freedomwars-the-committee

But would that be for E3, or not reserved for something for the Japanese market?

But would that be for E3, or not reserved for something for the Japanese market?

I don't know. After all, I would imagine a FW announcement be reserved for the 2-year anniversary of the game on 26th June.

I'm just saying that from the kennels of Japan Studio, if we're digging out the bottom of the barrel in terms of rumours of what they might be working on, the rumours are :

- Knack 2 (linkedIn outsourcing leak)
- Something that has a small chance of maybe, maybe being a new Wild Arms ( job hiring from Media Vision for new project )
- Freedom Wars (niconico committee renewal )

duhmetree

Destiny 2. Leaving ps360 behind. March 2017, special NEO bundle.

I really want to see what they can do with 5GB, as opposed to the handcuffing 512mb of last gen.. 10x the raw power... so much more room for activities.. Add in 60fps and perty NEO mode. Dedicated servers. Larger patrols. More enemies. More populated worlds. Better AI. More complex raids and game modes.. even more beautiful worlds coming to life.. Destiny 2 = more.

Even with all the 'drawbacks' of Y1 Destiny, I never had a gaming experience like it. I'm ready for D2.

I was surprised Battlefield is on Xbox panel this year. Makes no sense considering PS has a far bigger reach than X1. Yay for COD demo though, good time for me to get a drink or something. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom