• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
jqvKL4O.gif

==============================

Last year, the big 3 were all japanese games. I really hope Sony continues to push more games from japanese developers. That's the real deal and difference I like from Playstation.

I fully expect TLG, Nioh, P5, Ni No Kuni 2, Gravity Rush 2, World of Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy 15 to appear on the stage. Resident Evil 7 is a coin toss between Sony and MS.

I wouldn't fear about the Japanese representation this year.

Hopefully it's Kratos in name and looks only.

I hope SSM take this opportunity to significantly add some depth to his character. I'd take GoW1 Kratos over GoW3 Kratos but I'd take a blank slate Kratos over all.
Agreed.

I get what Kratos is supposed to be but that isn't an excuse for a lack of depth.

Sony. Make a TRUE Destroy All Humans reboot happen and I'll sell my PC and my Xbox even though I own a PS4.

Do they own that IP? I didn't think they did.

One big announcement will still leak i bet

I think there's already been plenty of leaks. I mean, surely Dead Don't Ride and GoW4 count?

I don't think it will be Kratos, although I would personally not mind them going either route.

It will be glorious however.

I hope it's not, if they're changing mythos.

Pandy

jqvKL4O.gif

==============================

Last year, the big 3 were all japanese games. I really hope Sony continues to push more games from japanese developers. That's the real deal and difference I like from Playstation.

Indeed.

In all seriousness, with Zelda being pushed back to 2017, I can't imagine my personal GOTY 2016 to be on anything other than PS4, and I couldn't even say what game it might be out of half a dozen or more games coming out this year.
Good times.

I fully expect TLG, Nioh, P5, Ni No Kuni 2, Gravity Rush 2, World of Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy 15 to appear on the stage. Resident Evil 7 is a coin toss between Sony and MS.

I wouldn't fear about the Japanese representation this year.
I'm not sure tlg, gravity 2, and nioh going to get another on stage appearance again. Seems like prime candidate to be titles that got new update/announcement before E3.

I didn't remember Sony have many title that have multiple gameplay demo at press conferences other than their flagship titles like Uncharted.

TLG and Nioh got their time already, and GR2 is super niche in the west I'm not sure Sony would bother having playable demo on stage.

I'm not sure tlg, gravity 2, and nioh going to get another on stage appearance again. Seems like prime candidate to be titles that got new update/announcement before E3.

I didn't remember Sony have many title that have multiple gameplay demo at press conferences other than their flagship titles like Uncharted.

TLG and Nioh got their time already, and GR2 is super niche in the west I'm not sure Sony would bother having playable demo on stage.
I would be satisfied if those titles were given trailers and release dates this week. Do the same thing they did last year.

Hahah.

So, what WOULD be a big leak then?
I guess something akin to what happened with Bloodborne. Images, videos, etc... coming out.

Aside from that, I think stuff like Crash, Agent, etc... are the big leaks as well. The stuff you know Sony would want to use as big moments in their conference.

Edit - beaten by piccio!

I don't think GoW4 leaked. So much as it's pretty much been teased for so long and it's obviously what SSM is working on.

And after Horizon last year, small leaks (concept art, name etc) showed me that thankfully they don't dampen the excitement much, if at all.

Horizon's reveal was brilliant, even though I knew the concept going in.

GOW is one of sony's biggest franchises and a new first party AAA ip, what exactly would be a big leak then?

GOW is much bigger then bloodborne, even though BB is awesome. BB is great but in the grand scheme of things it's not really that big is it?
You're right but it is a known quantity. It is the fourth mainline game and it has been expected for a while now. It would take something like a video demonstrating gameplay to be a big leak at this point.

Hoping for a massive Japanese presence, but don't think we'll get one. I fear Sony will be conservative about what they show and adhere to universally commercial stuff that the American market will lap up for the most part. FFXV will definitely be there though.

I guess something akin to what happened with Bloodborne. Images, videos, etc... coming out.

Aside from that, I think stuff like Crash, Agent, etc... are the big leaks as well. The stuff you know Sony would want to use as big moments in their conference.

Edit - beaten by piccio!

So basically stuff where the imagery is revealed beforehand? I see. I can understand that.

Does the Horizon leak count, in your minds?

delSai

Oh god, don't ruin my hype like that.

Pretty sure it's gonna be single-player only. Bend has never been about MP.

If it really is a Dead Rising/Mad Max mix i would actually like to see some kind of 4 Player Coop. 2 Player would be okay too, depends on how big the world is and all that.

So long as he's in a Crash suit. I won't complain.

He'll wear a Parappa suit.
Usher is: Parappa the Rapper
Thats a million dollar idea Sony, just take it.

The God

GOW is one of sony's biggest franchises and a new first party AAA ip, what exactly would be a big leak then?

GOW is much bigger then bloodborne, even though BB is awesome. BB is great but in the grand scheme of things it's not really that big is it?

PS4 getting an exclusive Souls was pretty big considering most people thought From wouldn't do exclusives anymore after Dark Souls was multiplatform. Also it leaked 2 months after Dark Souls 2 and was rumored to have Miyazaki working on it.

I wonder how Bend is going to handle the color palette in Dead Don't Ride. I hope they can find a way to maintain the usual gritty and grimey look of games like this while also making it look vibrant and fresh in a way.

I wonder how Bend is going to handle the color palette in Dead Don't Ride. I hope they can find a way to maintain the usual gritty and grimey look of games like this while also making it look vibrant and fresh in a way.

With a name like Dead Don't Ride, I'm actually expecting it to be very stylised, or heck, even cartoony in look.

Do we have a link to where the stream will be archived? I'm working until right the conference ends, and I'd like to watch it unspoiled.

Really hyped for Detroit, I hope they show some gameplay and not another trailer, I have zero hopes the game will be released this year though.

GeoramA

Really hyped for Detroit, I hope they show some gameplay and not another trailer, I have zero hopes the game will be released this year though.
That's a definitely a 2018 game. Same with WiLD, Matterfall, Shenmue 3, and every other announced game that looks way too early.

That's a definitely a 2018 game. Same with WiLD, Matterfall, Shenmue 3, and every other announced game that looks way too early.

Heavy Rain : 2010
Beyond 2S : 2013

You think Detroit will take 5 years to develop? Considering it started while Beyond is in development, so it'll be 6+ years including pre-production if it's a 2018 game.

I actually suspect that Detroit is further along than most think.

Reason for that is that Detroit was the game that had a last-minute one-hour behind-closed doors press session at PGW last year, and you rarely do hour long press sessions without having some gameplay to show as well.

I predict early 2017 for Detroit. Heck, if any game will get a sudden 2016 release date outta nowhere among all of Sony's undated titles, I'd put my money on Detroit than any other game right now.

Kudo

To be honest I think BB was very big for Sony/From, lots of people were introduced to PS4 and Souls-series through it.
I don't know that many people but majority of them bought PS4 with Bloodborne, not indicative of anything but I do like to believe that they're not the only ones who did so.

GeoramA

Heavy Rain : 2010
Beyond 2S : 2013

You think Detroit will take 5 years to develop? Considering it started while Beyond is in development, so it'll be 6+ years including pre-production if it's a 2018 game.

I actually suspect that Detroit is further along than most think.

Reason for that is that Detroit was the game that had a last-minute one-hour behind-closed doors press session at PGW last year, and you rarely do hour long press sessions without having some gameplay to show as well.

I predict early 2017 for Detroit. Heck, if any game will get a sudden 2016 release date outta nowhere among all of Sony's undated titles, I'd put my money on Detroit than any other game right now.
If it was that far along I think they would have shown gameplay of it at PGW. But I'm just being super realistic.

It may get announced for 2017, but you know the way things have gone this gen...

I kind of hype for it .
Not really in those types of games but it sci fi with robots so i can't help my self .
Talking about Detroit i expect it to be one of the best looking games on PS4 .
Then i think of the NEO version , if QD put in the work for that version it can be best looking game for rest of the gen .

If it was that far along I think they would have shown gameplay of it at PGW. But I'm just being super realistic.

It may get announced for 2017, but you know the way things have gone this gen...

Just like how Bloodborne had no gameplay shown at E3 even though it was very far along, I suspect this is just usual marketing roll-out.

Even more so with games in the veins of David Cage's. You sell the concept first, only then you ground the reality of the concept with gameplay and mechanics of how the game works.

I think we'll see gameplay debut at E3 with release window (year).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom