• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony if you want all my money make a GOOD Gundam game. Triple A.
It didn't have to be gundam, but I'd accept anything that have men piloting giant robot fighting in space. A big bonus if it's story focused and somewhere in the game there are mission about entering earth atmosphere from space or something about dropping space colony.

I had a dream a few weeks ago that Naughty Dog new game will be story focused scifi game that is inspired by Gundam and it was awesome. It'd be mission based and not the typical ND game structure. You can explore your colony/spaceship and talk with npc. Customize your robot, social links like mechanic with the crew in the ship. Etc.

That was a nice dream.

A little bit of news I've been told: Neo-enabled games are not allowed to be released until after 20th September 2016.

Also there appears to be some relevance to the date October 3rd though not sure whether it's Neo or PSVR related.

A little bit of news I've been told: Neo-enabled games are not allowed to be released until after 20th September 2016.

Also there appears to be some relevance to the date October 3rd though not sure whether it's Neo or PSVR related.

Thanks for the info. Maybe they will release Neo at 20th September and PSVR at October 3rd, along with a Neo + PSVR bundle, or the Neo will be released at October 3rd along with PSVR.

Tagg9

Interesting. Neo has to be coming out this year. Otherwise I really don't see why Sony would impose such an arbitrary cutoff date.

Kaako

Felium Defensor

Thanks for sharing.
Neo seems very likely this year then...damn.
Shit is gonna go orbital pretty soon.

THE:MILKMAN

This is pretty big news right here. As I said in the other thread it must mean it will be out or at least announced before this date because I assume Neo-enabled means the games that take full advantage of the extra power from the off (1080P minimum, higher FR+IQ) versus already released games being patched.

So if that date is right it would mean game boxes from then would be dual purpose PS4/Neo with a nice Neo enhanced logo at least?

I can see NEO being there if there is a price cut same time .
If not i can see it at a later date , E3 is the biggest in terms of press .
But GC and PWG are bigger in term of people and you always call in the press.

Tarnpanzer

Given the amount of rumors and the fact that E3 is the biggest gaming conference in terms of coverage, I think Neo will be there.

Yeah, but didn´t the last rumors said something about a later reveal? If it launches oct 16´, why not announce it in june? Pretty short timeframe in between the announcement and release if they reveal in later than june. Do they even have enough time for proper marketing?

It didn't have to be gundam, but I'd accept anything that have men piloting giant robot fighting in space. A big bonus if it's story focused and somewhere in the game there are mission about entering earth atmosphere from space or something about dropping space colony.

I had a dream a few weeks ago that Naughty Dog new game will be story focused scifi game that is inspired by Gundam and it was awesome. It'd be mission based and not the typical ND game structure. You can explore your colony/spaceship and talk with npc. Customize your robot, social links like mechanic with the crew in the ship. Etc.

That was a nice dream.

That.Sounds.Amazing.

DieH@rd

Banned

Thanks for the info.

I think that Oct3 is PSVR launch day.

As for Neo compatible games, I think they will have no impact on the release games of the PS4K hardware itself. Oct20 could just be the date when Sony will switch their QA/Cert/Publishing into new mode and get software prepared for later launch of PS4K.

Of a ps2 on ps4 version of socom 2 with online support

minimal

DieH@rd

Banned
because I assume Neo-enabled means the games that take full advantage of the extra power from the off (1080P minimum, higher FR+IQ) versus already released games being patched.

Nah. After that date devs are required to "acknowledge" in their code that their game can recognize it is running on upgraded hardware. This may range from 10 lines of code just to setup proper identification to the newer OS, to the compulsory integration of new OS features that Neo will have.

They are not required to work on newer visual modes, invest into better assets/effects/resolution/framerate [if their game already hits1080p30 for flatTV gaming or 1080p603D in PSVR mode] .If they want, they can leave game "as is" to run the same on both PS4 models. I don't expect that "taking full advantage" will be present for all games [ofc, down the line competition will push devs into investing more effort into Neo modes].

Didn't it get leaked already? Rumor Spider-man game, Dead don't ride, GoW 4 artworks?
Those are "old leaks", we are not guaranteed to get them on this event. What some here want are leaks that are directly coming from someone involved in E3 shows. :)

I can see NEO being there if there is a price cut same time .
If not i can see it at a later date , E3 is the biggest in terms of press .
But GC and PWG are bigger in term of people and you always call in the press.

I find it odd we haven't heard anything about a PS4 slim given the Xbox One rumours. Maybe Sony will just have the Neo replace PS4 completely and all the dev rules are there just to ensure continued full support for the 40 million PS4 owners for the next 2-3 years?

It would save Sony a lot of money not to have to pay for a 14nm PS4 APU as well as manufacturing two consoles.

I find it odd we haven't heard anything about a PS4 slim given the Xbox One rumours. Maybe Sony will just have the Neo replace PS4 completely and all the dev rules are there just to ensure continued full support for the 40 million PS4 owners for the next 2-3 years?

It would save Sony a lot of money not to have to pay for a 14nm PS4 APU as well as manufacturing two consoles.

So you think the only Ps4 model on the market will be a more expensive one. We're talking about a price increase, they'll keep the base model IMO.

The rumor was that they didn't want to pay the price for the 14nm tapeout. Besides, the PS4 form factor is small enough.

Whynotboth.gif? Still don't see why they would throw BF under the bus when it's so successful on the platform?

EA might not see it as good of a deal if Sony is dedicating a large chunk of its marketing budget to other shooters annually, diluting the push that a Sony deal will give.

Not to mention it's highly likely Sony also has already signed multi-year deals for Star Wars. That's a high concentration of popular shooters marketing on one platform.

It would be rather interesting if Sony brings out NEO at the same price they have now.
And sell off the old PS4 cheap and go with one model from there .

Volotaire

Do we have a link to where the stream will be archived? I'm working until right the conference ends, and I'd like to watch it unspoiled.

I will be creating the Spoiler Free E3 thread this year. It may be called the 'catch up and archive thread' after some consideration of the concerns in the spoiler culture thread in the OT section.

It will archive all the links from all the E3 conferences, reaction streams and livestreams. Last year, YT Gaming archived the whole livestream so I anticipate them doing the same this year.

Bookmark the thread, or the Google Sheet link in the thread. All the links to the streams will be posted to both. There is no discussion in the thread so it's a case of clicking the link that you need. I will post the YT gaming archive link in the thread too.

Will be posted on tonight.

So you think the only Ps4 model on the market will be a more expensive one. We're talking about a price increase, they'll keep the base model IMO.

I don't really know what to think! In the US the MSRP is still $350 so keeping that price for Neo may be possible if they negotiated a great deal with AMD? I'd imagine it would be marketed to the hardcore who like to upgrade and new VR buyers.

It just seems a lot simpler to my mind than having two consoles at different prices....it is going to be a long week is all I know. *hides under rock*

Tarnpanzer

I don't really know what to think! In the US the MSRP is still $350 so keeping that price for Neo may be possible if they negotiated a great deal with AMD? I'd imagine it would be marketed to the hardcore who like to upgrade and new VR buyers.

If you count in bundles too and calculate out the games/accessories you get a new PS4 in germany for ~260-280€. As we all know € = $ in teams of consoles/games, I see no problem for Sony to offer the PS4 for 250-300$/€ when Neo launches.

Didn´t the earliest rumors said something about a ~400$ price tag for Neo/PS4K?

Tagg9

If you count in bundles too and calculate out the games/accessories you get a new PS4 in germany for ~260-280€. As we all know € = $ in teams of consoles/games, I see no problem for Sony to offer the PS4 for 250-300$/€ when Neo launches.

Didn´t the earliest rumors said something about a ~400$ price tag for Neo/PS4K?

Yes, but I don't think even Sony had decided at that point what the MSRP would be.

Shin-Ra

Really hyped for Detroit, I hope they show some gameplay and not another trailer, I have zero hopes the game will be released this year though.
DetroitTrainShort.gif

Is she boarding the train for E3?

Boke1879

Yup. I change my tune. If NEO is launching between sept 20th-October 3rd. It'll be announced at E3. They'll keep the base model for at least a year at that point. I suspect the price will drop to $299 while Neo will be $399. Perfect price for both consoles.

Then when Scorpio launches Neo will get a $100 price cut.

As far as rumors go. Tomorrow and during next week is when we'll start getting chatter.

Dinjooh

So, with that news, Neo is all but guaranteed at E3. Hopefully it makes away some of that CoD time rather then anything else.

I still don't see it. Let's say the release date of the first PS4K games is the 20th of September - that's over 3 months of span between announcement of the faster console and the first time selling it. I.. I don't think they want to potentially limit their sales during a period so long.

I think they are much more likely to take the Apple approach where we're looking at 10-14 days from announcement to release. Last year sony had their TGS conference on the 15th of September. If they're doing it again this year, it would make sense to unveil it there, with a launch at the beginning of October.

But hey, I'm hoping for Neo news at E3 as well.

You'll have to try them out for yourself tbh.

I loved HR, Beyond, eh - not so much.

Eh, go on with minimal expectations, but an open mind.

I find narrative-heavy games hard to gauge the excitement for. So much of the game lies in the execution of the moment-to-moment and narrative. since they are not games driven by mechanics of fun anyway.

You never quite know what you're gonna get.

If you're interested in them, I'd definitely check out Heavy Rain at least. I found the script and overall narrative to be hilariously bad, but it was still an entertaining experience.

That being said, I played it six years ago. My expectations for story-based games have been raised dramatically since then, which is why I'm not interested in Detroit in the slightest. Maybe David Cage will surprise me though!

So, I really don't think that Dead Don't Ride will be a title.

I am thinking Dead Don't Ride has become Days Gone. The trademarks almost always leak before announcement.

I dunno, just find it funny that Dead Don't Ride isn't registered yet.

Elfstruck

I am thinking Dead Don't Ride has become Days Gone. The trademarks almost always leak before announcement.

Well, DDR is so cringy. Day Gone sounds so much better.

J-Skee

Title of the game won't matter if the game is good. And with the context that Shinobi gave, I like it quite a bit.

You'll have to try them out for yourself tbh.

I loved HR, Beyond, eh - not so much.

Eh, go on with minimal expectations, but an open mind.

I find narrative-heavy games hard to gauge the excitement for. So much of the game lies in the execution of the moment-to-moment and narrative. since they are not games driven by mechanics of fun anyway.

You never quite know what you're gonna get.

If you're interested in them, I'd definitely check out Heavy Rain at least. I found the script and overall narrative to be hilariously bad, but it was still an entertaining experience.

That being said, I played it six years ago. My expectations for story-based games have been raised dramatically since then, which is why I'm not interested in Detroit in the slightest. Maybe David Cage will surprise me though!
I understand.

I know the reception to those titles is very mixed. So, I'll be going in with low expectations and hopefully I'll be surprised in a good way.

Big trademarks normally appear after announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom