• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
They've released one new game since 2012 (GTAV) and Rockstar is massive. I don't want to get my hopes up but it seems plausible.

Would definitely lend some credibility to Take-Two's statement that they're coming to E3 in a big way.

Have you got a link to that?

AAMARMO

Banned
Rockstar PR are genius announcing RDR2 ahead of time making people to believe that what there only going to show then agent sneaks in to take over adam boyes stage time.

Yea. There's no way Rockstar has an exclusive for the PS4 anymore.

And that's because Agent is dead.
Get out!

Rockstar PR are genius announcing RDR2 ahead of time making people to believe that what there only going to show then agent sneaks in to take over adam boyes stage time.
Yep, RDR is the distraction (not to imply RDR isn't important but yeah) so Agent can sneak in mostly unnoticed. A great plan.

Dinjooh

FROM ROCKSTAR, A NEW EXPANSIVE IP, AGENT, launching exclusively on PSVR

tFLHN6S.png

Vinc

Seriously though- Who cares if it's exclusive or not?

I just want it to be good. I don't even mind if it's Agent or not. We know SO little about Agent that it coming back is no more significant than a brand new Rockstar IP. A new Rockstar game is always great. If they announce a new one, Agent or otherwise, AND Red Dead, I'll be in heaven.

N.Domixis

Banned
Agent being exclusive is more likely than last gen since this gen Ps4 is winning the sales race. Will probably be at 60 million ps4s at the end of the year vs less than =30 million xb1.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Agent being exclusive is more likely than last gen since this gen Ps4 is winning the sales race. Will probably be at 60 million ps4s at the end of the year vs less than =30 million xb1.

60m is a bit high in my opinion. When Sony say their target is 20m they mean fiscal year, which I believe is March to March? 52m is more likely, but your point still stands.

Zukkoyaki

I just want it to be good. I don't even mind if it's Agent or not. We know SO little about Agent that it coming back is no more significant than a brand new Rockstar IP. A new Rockstar game is always great. If they announce a new one, Agent or otherwise, AND Red Dead, I'll be in heaven.
Bingo

Rockstar releasing a new game is quite literally an industry event. Everyone stops to pay attention to it, which is absolutely remarkable. To get a new IP from them, exclusive or not, would be absolutely massive.

Tratorn

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! If they owe Sony a game they need to pay up.

This info is so old (was that every really confirmed from a trusted source btw or just "random" rumour?), we don't even know if they do "owe" them one anymore. Maybe they got the current marketing deals and bundles in exchange. Games from Rockstar are even bigger than some years ago and they wouldn't make a game exclusive for "just" 20m that Sony put into L.A. Noire (that was the rumour iirc), especially since it is much easier to port between platforms now.

Kolx

THIS. Why do you people even care if it's exclusive or not?

E3 and Apple's WWDC have always been fairly close together, but I just realized that both the Sony keynote and WWDC keynote are on the 13th! WWDC in the morning, Sony at night. What a day!

Messed around with SOCOM 2 and Xlink, the game is still fun as hell. Don't understand why Sony are so afraid of remastering it with online support. Last night I saw a friend stream it and there was close to a full room going at 2:39am EDT. That is pretty much my Dreams 2.0, nothing more and nothing less.

Bandit1

Oh man all this Rockstar talk is making me jittery. Have to try not to set my hopes up too high, but if Rockstar comes into E3 with Agent, Red Dead Remastered, and an all new Red Dead the internet will break.

Lexad

Oh man all this Rockstar talk is making me jittery. Have to try not to set my hopes up too high, but if Rockstar comes into E3 with Agent, Red Dead Remastered, and an all new Red Dead the internet will break.

If it didn't break last year, this will not break it

If Agent does exist (which I strongly doubt it does, to be honest) then there's no way it will be an exclusive. My understanding was that Sony only negotiated that originally because it had made some investment into L.A. Noire originally.

It's likely that got settled a long time ago and Rockstar is free to do with Agent as it wishes now. (Which is not make it at all, I suspect).

-new Dualshock, bit weightier, better build quality, redesigned touch pad that doesn't look like a barren wasteland in the middle of the controller
-Sony acquires Silent Hill and Metal Gear IP's, Silent Hills re-announced even w/o Kojima/del Toro
-Chrono 3
- :(

Simo

Hasn't Red Dead been made available for BC on the XB1? I'm thinking Agent announcement, RDR remaster exclusively for the PS4 and RDR2 announcement at Sony's conference.

Actually, RDR (accidentally) went live as BC for a couple of hours and there has been silence since then. I don't really have an educated guess to make about Agent, but I'll bet that RDR Remastered and RDR______ are both in the works. I really doubt the former will be PS4 exclusive.

Going with wild "IFs" here, and made a similar comment in the Agent thread, but what if the time line for Rockstar's announcements is going to go like this within the following week...?
  • Game Informer tease and cover reveal for new Red Dead on Wednesday. Rockstar publishes story pointing to GI's coverage and announcement with more info to follow "soon". GI has screenshots and their hands-on time in Rockstar New York.
  • Microsoft Conference sees the first debut of announced new Red Dead footage, coupled with the announcements that preorders for the game will see users getting RDR digitally as right now the game is BC!
  • Sony Conference sees the surprise re-reveal of Agent after Jack Tretton takes the stage. Game has some kind of early exclusivity on PS4 but is still multiplatform.

Heck you could chuck out the Game Informer stuff and I still think that whole scenario would be possible, so right now I'm looking at what GI does this week first...

I also could see this latest GTA Online updating coming on Tuesday being the last major piece given the update is all about becoming your very own Kingpin and setting up your organization and in the world of GTA and crime, what possible way could you go and do after that?

That quote is quite old though, from a print magazine that came out in February so the actual interview probably happened a decent amount of time before that.

Also MCV is a trade mag so "there in a big way" might mean something different than, "we're bringing loads of games to be publicly shown".

I'm still optimistic but don't think that quote is as amazing as everyone else seems to think.

Disclaimer : I haven't read the interview.

-new Dualshock, bit weightier, better build quality, redesigned touch pad that doesn't look like a barren wasteland in the middle of the controller
- :(
I actually really hope some kind of premium DS4 is in the works. AFAIK the Xbox elite controller has been a big success right? Surely Sony has taken notice.

I actually really hope some kind of premium DS4 is in the works. AFAIK the Xbox elite controller has been a big success right? Surely Sony has taken notice.

Not sure. I got one, and while it's fine I didn't really get the fuss, I don't think it's that much better than just a standard X1 pad. Still a better controller than the DS4, if just because of the build quality. The DS4 is a bit more comfortable to me and better for action heavy games, it just needs to not feel so cheap.

Ahh E3 this year is kind of a whatever issue for me. Besides Crash and maybe more FF gameplay, I'm pretty mild on it. Tokyo Game Show was more fruitful for me and my particular tastes, but hell, that hype train won't ride itself come the 13th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom