• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Power Stone seems like a really weird formula to pick for that kind of game...

That being said, taking advantage of that SFV partnership and making a PlayStation vs Capcom would mark my first purchase of a non-NRS fighting game.

Ha ha, you just put the idea of a NRS vs Sony game in my head.

Elena vs Mileena, Fight.

Javin98

Banned
I feel this is really optimistic.

I think they'll announce a 2017 release date and it'll actually launch in March, 2018.
Oh, God, please no. That would be so long since SSM's last game. I can't wait to see a revamped GOW in Norse mythology and having to wait until 2018 would be horrible. I can see it releasing in May or June, probably delayed to July, maybe. Don't see why they must necessarily stick to March. Uncharted 4, for instance, broke the series's tradition of releasing during the holiday season.

Ha ha, you just put the idea of a NRS vs Sony game in my head.

Elena vs Mileena, Fight.
If NRS is working on something like that, I'd rather it not exist. Don't want to see Nathan Drake saying stupid ass lines and the story being a mess.

Oh, God, please no. That would be so long since SSM's last game. I can't wait to see a revamped GOW in Norse mythology and having to wait until 2018 would be horrible. I can see it releasing in May or June, probably delayed to July, maybe. Don't see why they must necessarily stick to March. Uncharted 4, for instance, broke the series's tradition of releasing during the holiday season.

Oh, I don't think they're planning on March. I'm predicting a late 2017 release window with a delay into March of the following year!

I'd love a new God of War next year but I'm not too optimistic about it. SWS has been totally fine with delaying projects this generation.

Javin98

Banned
Oh, I don't think they're planning on March. I'm predicting a late 2017 release window with a delay into March of the following year!

I'd love a new God of War next year but I'm not too optimistic about it. SSW has been totally fine with delaying projects this generation.
Don't seem too far fetched to me. IIRC, Ascension was released less than a year after its reveal. Of course, GOW3 was released almost two years after its reveal, but its reveal was a CGI trailer.

Also, seeing your Bloodborne avatar, it reminds me of something. I would love it if GOW took some inspiration from Bloodborne. I would want a GOW game with a wide open map, optional areas, vague backstory and combat closer to Bloodborne's.

Don't seem too far fetched to me. IIRC, Ascension was released less than a year after its reveal. Of course, GOW3 was released almost two years after its reveal, but its reveal was a CGI trailer.

Maybe next week's reveal will also be CG?

I actually think it'll be a demo though....at least I hope.

Javin98

Banned
Maybe next week's reveal will also be CG?

I actually think it'll be a demo though....at least I hope.
I sure hope not. Speaking strictly of first party titles, Sony has been moving away from CGI trailers, I hope it stays that way. The Horizon reveal is the way to do it.

I sure hope not. Speaking strictly of first party titles, Sony has been moving away from CGI trailers, I hope it stays that way. The Horizon reveal is the way to do it.

Definitely. I'm hoping that unveiling was a sign of how they plan on handling future reveals.

The way I look at it:

- if the game will go dark for one whole year, they'll do a Horizon-style gameplay reveal

- if the game will be shown again in new capacity in less than a year, they will do in-engine or CGi

jmaine_ph

The way I look at it:

- if the game will go dark for one whole year, they'll do a Horizon-style gameplay reveal

- if the game will be shown again in new capacity in less than a year, they will do in-engine or CGi

Yea like in engine now and gameplay reveal at PSX.

I'm hoping for a Horizon style reveal no matter the release date.

GoW more then anything needs the cutscene to gameplay transition followed by the camera panning back to reveal some giant sized enemy.

Bandit1

Start with a black screen, fade in -
"Sony Interactive Entertainment Presents"

Fade to black

Naughty Dog logo appears, then fades.

Nathan Drake voiceover: "I made a promise that I was done with this life... I kept that promise... As long as I could..."

Open with Drake in a Jeep driving through the streets of a foreign city, scraping against cars parked on the side of the street. He sounds panicked as he comes to an intersection, "Oh crap, no no no!" The camera pans to the right as Sully, in another Jeep, hits Nate's Jeep and sends it spinning out of control.

Cut to black

UNKARTED

Fade to black

Nathan Drake voiceover: "I made a promise that I was done with this life... I kept that promise... As long as I could..."

Open with Drake in a Jeep driving through the streets of a foreign city, scraping against cars parked on the side of the street. He sounds panicked as he comes to an intersection, "Oh crap, no no no!" The camera pans to the right as Sully, in another Jeep, hits Nate's Jeep and sends it spinning out of control.

Cut to black

UNKARTED

I'd play it.

Javin98

Banned

Fade to black

Cut to black

UNKARTED
Doesn't have to be Unkarted. I can see this being introduced to the MP in a patch. The SP already has driving sections. :p

Power Stone seems like a really weird formula to pick for that kind of game...

I think it makes perfect sense when you consider that most characters that people identify with Sony originated in a fully 3D environment. A game like Power Stone would allow those characters to be most like they are in their own games. And that's an obvious strength of Smash. Yes, there are certainly some characters that originated in 3D games in Smash, but the majority of the characters started in 2D games. So they make complete sense for a 2.5D fighter and they work really well like that.

Imagine if you could run behind cover with Drake or use his new grappling hook just like you do in U4, or if Kat could properly use her gravity powers. Those are all things that are entirely possible with a game that's built like Power Stone.

Rozart

Fade to black

Cut to black

UNKARTED

I'd take digs at it and then buy it anyway day one.

prwxv3

A Knack sequel might actually be great with the right ambition and ideas.
Knack as a character is pretty cool and so are his special powers.
They just need to get rid of the old fixed camera, add actual platforming and exploration to the mix, a higher level of challenge and more powers for Knack and there is the potential to make a great sequel.
Of course they wouldn't make a simple more of the same of the original which wasn't really appreciated by the critics if they greelighted a sequel.

The original knack is tough as nails on harder difficulties.

duhmetree

I don't understand why Bungie is revealing 'Rise of Iron' on Twitch, 4 days before e3. It doesn't make much sense to me.

Hexa

I don't understand why Bungie is revealing 'Rise of Iron' on Twitch, 4 days before e3. It doesn't make much sense to me.

It would otherwise be at Sony's conference, where it may get overshadowed by some other announcements. IIRC this isn't supposed to be a major expansion but rather a stop gap they put together quickly since Destiny 2 got pushed forward a year, right?

Hopefully Destiny info doesnt get shown again at Sonys presser, but you know it will.

Hoping for a 2 hr conference because there is so much stuff I can think of that Sony can spend time on thats going to bring it a bit down.

duhmetree

It would otherwise be at Sony's conference, where it may get overshadowed by some other announcements. IIRC this isn't supposed to be a major expansion but rather a stop gap they put together quickly since Destiny 2 got pushed forward a year, right?

We don't know how big it is. We don't know how far Destiny 2 got delayed. The Twitch reveal is just odd.

duhmetree

Hopefully Destiny info doesnt get shown again at Sonys presser, but you know it will.

Hoping for a 2 hr conference because there is so much stuff I can think of that Sony can spend time on thats going to bring it a bit down.

It's either Bungie has something else to show/sell (expansion pack or D2) or that Sony's conference has too many megatons.

Javin98

Banned

Re-watching last year's conference, it was just slightly more than an hour and a half and they managed to put in a crapload of megatons, so perhaps they can do it again this year? Then again, the Neo might be announced at the conference next week, so yeah, the longer, the better. Even 5 minutes is enough for a reveal that crashes the Internet. :p

pixelation

Fade to black

Cut to black

UNKARTED

lolololololololol... this is golden man!

Re-watching last year's conference, it was just slightly more than an hour and a half and they managed to put in a crapload of megatons, so perhaps they can do it again this year? Then again, the Neo might be announced at the conference next week, so yeah, the longer, the better. Even 5 minutes is enough for a reveal that crashes the Internet. :p

Yea, personally I just want lots of announcements.

And theres a lot of stuff you can expect will get some decent time.

Neo, VR, NMS, Destiny maybe, CoD and so on.

I just want a decent focus on first party/Japanese titles/exclusives though I think that wont be the case. Probably a 50/50 split.

Javin98

Banned

And theres a lot of stuff you can expect will get some decent time.

Neo, VR, NMS, Destiny maybe, CoD and so on.

I just want a decent focus on first party/Japanese titles/exclusives though I think that wont be the case. Probably a 50/50 split.
Ugh, NMS has been shown way too much. I hope we get nothing more than a 2 minute trailer this time. Hopefully COD and Destiny don't overstay their welcome as well. It would be nice if Sony can keep the Neo announcement to 10 minutes or less. I'm dreaming here, but I wonder if it's possible after the essential info of the Neo has been announced, Mark Cerny comes on stage and says "Free upgrade for existing PS4 owners" and walks off. Would drive the audience (and me) insane. :p

Yeah, I hope there's a good mix. The mix of first party, Western, and Japanese titles really added to last year's conference.

Yeah, I think they do that again, though last year's was pretty tight and I think they are usually in the neighborhood of 2 hours, so I wouldn't be surprised if this year's is a little longer again.

Plus they had a couple of sections that might be a little bit more fleshed out this year like the mid-conference VR which was basically an Andrew House mostly-boring speech with some footage on the screen, whereas I think we'll get it more announcement style this time like the PSX new VR quick game announcement trailers (not the difficult live demo that crashed and burned, I don't see them doing a live demo again after that, atleast not at an E3 which I think they've learned needs to be relatively "fast paced") with launch getting closer and more games probably dated.

Most important is a lot of announcements though.

Ugh, NMS has been shown way too much. I hope we get nothing more than a 2 minute trailer this time. Hopefully COD and Destiny don't overstay their welcome as well. It would be nice if Sony can keep the Neo announcement to 10 minutes or less. I'm dreaming here, but I wonder if it's possible after the essential info of the Neo has been announced, Mark Cerny comes on stage and says "Free upgrade for existing PS4 owners" and walks off. Would drive the audience (and me) insane. :p

Yea, NMS should be a trailer max. But you and me know it won't be.

I think VR will be fairly short. Neo will probably be the most significant in terms of taking up time.

Hopefully they get both done in the beginning and just append Neo/VR compatible after trailers where necessary.

chefbags

And would drive sony executives insane lol

Javin98

Banned
And would drive sony executives insane lol
True, but I'm really just hoping for a crazy trade in deal. Something like trade in your current PS4 and pay $100 for a Neo would make me bite immediately.

Yea, NMS should be a trailer max. But you and me know it won't be.

I think VR will be fairly short. Neo will probably be the most significant in terms of taking up time.

Hopefully they get both done in the beginning and just append Neo/VR compatible after trailers where necessary.
Yep, hopefully we get a gigaton in the opening, a megaton or two in the middle and a megaton plus a gigaton to close the show. :p

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
What do you mean? Say what as a joke? :p

Ha, caught your stealth edit! In any case, we already have a GIF of what I wrote, but I don't think this is the time and place to post it. :p

I prefer my edited response :) I just meant I wonder if he'll take a side swipe at Konami by telling us he was thinking of making a pachinko machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom