• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elandyll

Banned
Welp, pack it up guys. These are the only games to be shown tonight, no exclusives.

vdUstYh.png

j/k It's just the current PSN web store main banner.
Now imagine going back in time to show that banner 5 years ago to Gaf in 2012. Heads would explode.

N30RYU

As we get closer to Sony's conference later this evening, I wonder if people will be as critical on Sony as they were with Microsoft.
Looks like you sure will.
Just make me know if I'm critical enough for your tastes when the time comes.

I-hate-u

Even if it's ready by this year, they should move it to early 2018. It'll easily dominate that quarter rather than competing with all 3487 AAA games coming out this fall.

Jamm3r

Banned
Is there a rumor or some type of tease that hints at Socom making a comeback? I see it brought more than usual.

There's nothing lol. These people are just in a dream.

I like prediction lists but lately these lists are just hopes. Predictions are supposed to be based off some type of information or fact or SOMETHING...

Still, I'd love another Socom\Syphon Filter but these things will almost never happen lol

kevin1025

Banned
I'm 100% sure I've seen Sony get flak for the console exclusive and console debut labels on this forum. Especially when their own marketing is inconsistent on what it is. How many times have we gone back and forth on whether or not Crash is exclusive or not?

You're right. But I'd rather inconsistency or uncertainty over trying to mislead.

Well, I'm going to be poor as hell. Good god (of war).

RSchmitz

There's nothing lol. These people are just in a dream.

I like prediction lists but lately these lists are just hopes. Predictions are supposed to be based off some type of information or fact or SOMETHING...

Still, I'd love another Socom\Syphon Filter but these things will almost never happen lol

2015 was dope. All those dreamers fanfic lists creators were redeemed.

Tutomos

While saying "Set the bar high" can have a vary of definitions, I am looking towards Sony's conference in the same way that some have looked into Microsoft's conference yesterday.

For a company that only does 1 big conference per year, that's setting the bar low. As a PS fan, if Sony showed what MS showed yesterday at either the PS Experience or E3, I'd be disappointed in Sony. I expect Sony to bring it at least twice a year, and I think a lot of PS fans do too. Unrealistic yes, but the bar was set high by them.

If you follow PS news closely, you'd notice they announce stuff that are coming out soon as well, just not at E3, but at smaller events or just as blog posts. I think you are also underestimating that presentation matters in an event like E3. Last year the Orchestra was great for Sony. Makes sense for the games they were presenting. For Call of Duty they didn't mention it was Call of Duty first, just showed gameplay and have people guessing a bit. Some get it faster than the others, but there's some mystery and surprise in the presentation even if it was just another Call of Duty.

I'll give credit where it's due. Ori was presented very well with the Piano. Makes sense with the somber feel they are going for. The rest of the stuff wasn't impressive. If I'm being polite I'd say it's an good show for people who are interested or already in their ecosystem, for everyone else it's an average show at best.

kpaadet

Even if it's ready by this year, they should move it to early 2018. It'll easily dominate that quarter rather than competing with all 3487 AAA games coming out this fall.
I don't know, it's not like it directly competing with all those FPS or sports games, I think there is room for Gow in late 2017 assuming it's ready by then of course.

camac002

Could this be "The Gameplay Demo" E3?

Good chance of demo:

Far Cry 5
Battlefront 2 campaign
CoD WW2 campaign/multi
Sucker Punch New IP
Days Gone
Spiderman
God of War
Destiny 2 (Could see this being a trailer with narrator that explains parts of the game)
Detroit (Can see this being trailer only)

That's a fair chunk of time already!
What else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom