• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
According to that one dev, they've done some very interesting things with the finalized version of the controller.

I know: They will reveal that the touchpad is in fact an OLED display afterall, allowing localy streamed Vita (& PS1-4) games to be played on the controller. Ha! U heard it here first. Confirmed by an inside source I know quite well: Mya Assquith.

Or they'll just reveal more colours. ;-)

UrbanRats

Spoke to a SONY rep yesterday and was told all what was shown at the conference in FEB are launch titles......Also the champions league final WILL air the first PS4 Ads covering the half time because sony sponsors the champions league...If Microsoft are using Call of Duty to show off there console and exclusivity just wait for PS4 and battlefield maybe they will launch side by side?

without the rep giving out too much info GAKAI will be part of the press conference on JUNE 10th expect a firmware update.

hope the info wettens your tastes and we can all go back to this day that i qouted this information :)

Infamous launch title?

Mario007

Sony had Bungie present to say "Bungie is finally on PS3 and PS4!" and it was a wise thing to do, albeit the announcement and showing were short and lacking. It's no different than Blizzard being there to announce D3 for PS3/PS4, yet when Geoff Keighley interviewed them after the event and asked if the game was exclusive, they all but confirmed it was coming to 360 and the next Xbox. The entire reason they were there was to show strong dev support and more importantly, show major studios were embracing PS4.

Killzone is one my my favvoorite series, but Sony can in no way, shape, or form compete against BF4 or CoD. Not having one of those games present at the conference will be a HUGE mistake, as both games alone have grossly outsold the entire KZ series combined.
Well to me it looked like everyone who turned up at the conference was in some way making something that was exclusive to playstation. Whether it was Diablo and Blizzards 'exclusive partnership' with Sony, Bungie and exclusive DLC etc. Jonathan Blow mentioned that if he wanted to be at Sony's even he had to sign a time exclusivity of the Witness to PS4, so I'd imagine some similar deals were signed by everyone.

I wasn't talking about the sales potential but imagine if you're Activision, showing off COD and it looks significantly worse than this other shooter that Sony just showed. As a company you wouldn't want to do it. Now I have no doubt both B4 and COD will be on ps4 day one.

netBuff

I know: They will reveal that the touchpad is in fact an OLED display afterall, allowing localy streamed Vita (& PS1-4) games to be played on the controller. Ha! U heard it here first. Confirmed by an inside source I know quite well: Mya Assquith.

Or they'll just reveal more colours. ;-)

I was thinking along the lines of a slightly tweaked design from what we saw in february, not new features: In terms of features, I wouldn't expect anything in addition to what we already know.

Of course, the DualShock 4 seems perfect to me as presented: It's just that some forums users have alluded to the final version being slightly different looking.

Spinluck

vgleaks said:
ps41.png

http://www.vgleaks.com/leak-ps4-data-and-upcoming-content-spotted-on-psn/

Nothing big, but makes me want E3 to come faster.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
I was thinking along the lines of a slightly tweaked design from what we saw in february, not new features: In terms of features, I wouldn't expect anything in addition to what we already know.

Of course, the DualShock 4 seems perfect to me as presented: It's just that some forums users have alluded to the final version being slightly different looking.

Oh, yeah, I agree. I can't wait to see the final tweaks.

Spoke to a SONY rep yesterday and was told all what was shown at the conference in FEB are launch titles......Also the champions league final WILL air the first PS4 Ads covering the half time because sony sponsors the champions league...If Microsoft are using Call of Duty to show off there console and exclusivity just wait for PS4 and battlefield maybe they will launch side by side?

without the rep giving out too much info GAKAI will be part of the press conference on JUNE 10th expect a firmware update.

hope the info wettens your tastes and we can all go back to this day that i qouted this information :)

Am I reading this wrong or are you saying that there will be a firmware update for the PS3 at E3 and it is related to Gaikai? Did the Sony representative imply that some PS4 games will be playable on the PS3 via Gaikai or am I just crazy?

JoshHood

Well we already know that Destiny is a mid-2014 release, and Game aren't expecting Diablo until 2014 either.

I wonder if Cerny is going to show up at E3.

Even though he's been massively involved in Playstation since its inception, he's never been featured prominently at conferences until the PS4 announcement.

I think he may show up to demo Knack or something, but honestly wouldn't be surprised to not see him at all...which would be a shame because he came across as extremely well spoken and genuine (rather than a stiff corporate suit) in his enthusiasm.

Instro

Even though he's been massively involved in Playstation since its inception, he's never been featured prominently at conferences until the PS4 announcement.

I think he may show up to demo Knack or something, but honestly wouldn't be surprised to not see him at all...which would be a shame because he came across as extremely well spoken and genuine (rather than a stiff corporate suit) in his enthusiasm.

Well they seem to be using him as the spearhead of this sort of "new Sony/new Playstation" image, I'd be surprised if he isn't there in some form whether that's in person or by way of a video.

I dont see why he wouldnt be there. If we use e3 05/06 as a comparison then Cerny is Kuturagi and Andrew House is Kaz.

Cenry talks about the tech and services, House does the business stuff.

Actually I wonder if Jack Tretton will be MC'ing this one or will they let House do it again.
Gerstmann(?) said that the PS4 meeting was ran mostly by SCEE and top level Sony people so maybe e3 will be a SCEA show and will completely different and a trainwreck.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I truly hope Cerny goes on stage again at the E3 press conference. Everyone can tell he is mad legit and genuinely passionate when he speaks about the PS4 and tech in general. Sony would be foolish not to utilize him again and give him the spot light that he clearly deserves.

I want to see a lot more video interviews with him as well. The panel he had with the EA guy a while back was just excellent and a worthwhile watch for sure.

Duffyside

Banned
I would hope the Sony guys have recognized the appeal Cerny has generated and let him be on stage for a good bit, but I'm not sure. E3 is big business time. I can guarantee House will be there, probably Tretton too (HELL YEAH BABY). Cerny might be on for more system talk and Knack talk, but I seriously doubt they'll make him the face of pressers in the future, or even just this one at E3.

Duffyside

Banned
I'm not so sure that House will be present at E3.

E3 is in America, Tretton's territory.

E3 is video game territory. House isn't the EU version of Tretton, he's Tretton's boss. He is what Kaz was before the promotion. House will be there for sure.

When was the last time we saw Kaz at E3?

He was in the audience last year, but we haven't seen him on stage since '11. Probably never again, either.

As much as I love the Cerny and Kaz .gifs, House is the most applicable for them. Which is a little bit of a bummer, as he's the least fun out of all of them.

E3 is video game territory. House isn't the EU version of Tretton, he's Tretton's boss. He is what Kaz was before the promotion. House will be there for sure.

He was in the audience last year, but we haven't seen him on stage since '11. Probably never again, either.

As much as I love the Cerny and Kaz .gifs, House is the most applicable for them. Which is a little bit of a bummer, as he's the least fun out of all of them.

Kaz hardly had much showtime at E3's....it's always been mostly a Tretton show.

jwk94

I'd love for Kaz to come onstage at E3. He was always my favorite part as a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom