• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Ends Production Of Physical Vita Games.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Sony is ending physical production of Vita games, Kotaku has learned. Although the hardware manufacturer says digital distribution will continue, this move will mark the end of physical cards for the maligned portable game system.

Sony’s American and European branches “plan to end all Vita GameCard production by close of fiscal year 2018,” the company told developers today in a message obtained by Kotaku. The message asks that all Vita product code requests be submitted by June 28, 2018, and that final purchase orders be entered by February 15, 2019. Sony’s 2018 fiscal year will end on March 31, 2019.

In an e-mail to Kotaku, a Sony spokesperson confirmed that Vita card production is coming to an end.

https://kotaku.com/sony-ends-production-of-physical-vita-games-1826060406

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Damn you Jim Ryan :mad:!!!.

I dont Have a Playstation Vita, but i considered a Great Portable console, is misunderstood like WiiU, Because it have such a lot of great Games, but the problem that i see its the cost of memories Card and dont bring more Japanese Games to Europe or America.

I give the thank you to the console to bring of the best games that i have the pleasure to Play and meet: Gravity rush

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
With the price of SD cards this is basically like making sure its dead

The Shepard

Always loved my VITA, it's a launch model. I still play it to this day. Gonna play some FF X2 in the sun later. This game has an excellent battle system. I wish FF 12 was on it to because that would be perfect for the system. Oh well, can always stream from PS4 I guess.

Hope for a vita 2 at some point sony.

The Vita was never really handled well at all, I've had mine since day one and of course I love it, it was best for playing alot of my older fav JRPG's. I thought Uncharted was so well done on it, so much potential, maybe even close to what the Switch brought minus those expensive memory sticks. You just figure after the whole UMD thing, Sony would have went with something more universal and inexpensive.

It also lacked alot of third party support fairly early on, if I'm trying to pinpoint the time it was probably around just after Call of Duty came out and bombed third party support noticeably declined after that and to be fair the team that handled that Call of Duty did a shit job of bringing it over to the Vita . It deserved much better.

I own 16 physical Vita games. I wish I owned more but they are hard to find for a good price here in Brazil. This beautiful handheld never really had a chance and it's one of my favorite failed hardware. I remember the first time I played mine and I was blown away by how gorgeous it looked, it felt alien at the time.

F.

Last edited:
Time to shamelessly plug my own thread which is updated with new games on the vita almost every week.
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/vita...-thread-vita-means-life-even-in-2018.1461870/

Only problem is the bulk of those are games that already came out years ago or are released on the PSN as a whole and just happen to also be playable on a Vita. I wouldn't really consider any of those as "new Vita games" since almost none are exclusives and most are just re-releases.

(With that said, I'd highly recommend Bunny Must Die...it was great when I played it on PC like ten years ago).

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
If they are fast enough they can pull the games from PS+ also before next-generation starts and save money.
While I love my Hatsune Miku limited edition Vita I rarely play on it or any console for that matter (don't even have a current gen one).
It's a nice looking handheld especially the oled screen, but it's slowly being dripped to death :S

Top Bottom