• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Eriscsson AINO - Phone with PS3 remote play.

spwolf

Well, things are definetly changing at Sony.

Aino

The best of both worlds: traditional keypad and touch UI in media mode
Media Home and Media Go™ - simple to take your content with you
Remote Play with PLAYSTATION®3 – control and access your PLAYSTATION®3 media content from your mobile phone
3 inch 16 million colour screen – surf the web in widescreen
Clear audio experience – listen to music in superb quality
Design matched Wireless Stereo Headphone MH100 and Charging Stand EC100
Aino supports GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 and UMTS/HSPA 850/1900/2100. Aino will be available in selected markets from early Q4 in the colours Obsidian Black and Luminous White.

- 8.1 MP camera
- MicroSD card support (!!!!) - comes with 8 GB card in the box.

i3bdiw.jpg

igdfs5.jpg

Aino_3.jpg

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/cor...essResource.Aino_press_release_final-20090528

Edit: here are the specs for lazy ones:

Aino supports GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 and UMTS/HSPA 850/1900/2100. Aino will be available in selected markets from early Q4 in the colours Obsidian Black and Luminous White.

The Sony Ericsson Aino at a glance

Camera

8.1 megapixel camera
Up to 16x digital zoom
Photo fix
Photo flash
Video recording
Auto focus
Face detection
Image and video stabilizer
BestPic™
Geo tagging
Photo feeds
Photo light
Red-eye reduction
Send to web
Smart contrast
Touch focus
Music

Album art
Bluetooth™ stereo (A2DP)
Clear Bass
Clear Stereo
Touchscreen media player
Music tones (MP3/AAC)
PlayNow™
SensMe™
Stereo speakers
Web

Access NetFront™ Web browser
Bookmarks
Google™ search (from standby)
Web feeds
Communication

Speakerphone
Polyphonic ringtones
Vibrating alert
Video calling (main camera)
Messaging

Conversations
Email
Picture messaging (MMS)
Predictive text input
Sound recorder
Text messaging (SMS)
Instant messaging
Microsoft® Exchange ActiveSync™
Design

Auto rotate
Picture wallpaper
Wallpaper animation
Entertainment

Facebook
3D games
FM radio with RDS
Java
Motion gaming
Remote Play for PLAYSTATION®3
Tracker
Video streaming
Video viewing
Walk mate
YouTube™
Connectivity

A-GPS
Bluetooth™ technology
DLNA Certified™
Google Maps™
Modem
PictBridge
Synchronisation
USB mass storage
USB support
Wi-Fi™
Organizer

Alarm clock
Calculator
Calendar
Flight mode
Notes
Phone book
Stopwatch
Tasks
Timer
Accessories

In-Box:

Aino
Battery
Battery charger
SanDisk microSD™ 8GB
Colour-matched Wireless Stereo Headphone MH100
Design-matched Charging Stand EC100
User guide
Optional:

Wireless Stereo Speakers MBS-400
Snap-on Speaker Stand MS410
Digital Photo Frame IDP-100
Facts and Figures

Size: 104 x 50x15.5 mm
Weight: 134 grams
Colours: Obsidian Black, Luminous White
Main screen: 16,777,216 True Colour TFT
Resolution: 240 x 432 pixels
Size: 3 inches
Phone memory: Up to 55MB
Memory card support: SanDisk microSD™
Talk time GSM: Up to 13 hrs
Standby time GSM: Up to 380 hrs
Talk time UMTS: Up to 4.5 hours
Standby time UMTS: Up to 367 hours
Video talk time: Up to 1 hour 40 mins
Music listening time: Up to 31 hours
Availability and versions
Networks:

Aino

GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
UMTS/HSPA 850/900/2100 Available in selected markets from early Q4 2009.

I dont know about you guys, but this is making me excited for PSP2 a lot more than before.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
*gasp*

Co...co...co-operation? :eek:

Seriously though, that's cool stuff. Now gimme an official PC remote play client pls.

gantz85

Banned
I don't think it remotely plays PS3 or PSN games, unless games choose to take advantage of this feature possibly.

However, this is the start of a cool evolution. They should definitely do something cool with Playstation HOME on cellphones in the future; mainly adjusting to a touchscreen interface and whatnot.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
gantz85 said:
I don't think it remotely plays PS3 or PSN games, unless games choose to take advantage of this feature possibly.

Well, games already compliant with remote play should work..although how you'd control them I've no idea..

krae_man

I remember Phil Harrison briefly mentioned Home on cellphones at E3 two years ago. Took them long enough.

Edit: Wow, this isn't even that.

Forsete

krae_man said:
I remember Phil Harrison briefly mentioned Home on cellphones at E3 two years ago. Took them long enough.

They also helled up the phone I currently have and showed a XMB interface. Did I ever see that on my phone? NO! :'(

gantz85

Banned
gofreak said:
Well, games already compliant with remote play should work..although how you'd control them I've no idea..

Which is why I'm saying games need to take advantage of touch-screen only controls for remote play.. probably need a specific mode coded for it. Will be high investment, don't see this taking off until Sony take the lead and are successful.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Media browsing ought to be a lot more lag tolerant than, say, playing a game.. On a local network remote play is quite responsive, less so over the net, but would still be useable for playing music/videos etc.

krae_man said:

That was a special Home client. This is different (indeed, since Home doesn't work with remote play, it won't let you do anything Home related).

krae_man

gofreak said:
Media browsing ought to be a lot more lag tolerant than, say, playing a game.. On a local network remote play is quite responsive, less so over the net, but would still be useable for playing music/videos etc.

That was a special Home client. This is different (indeed, since Home doesn't work with remote play, it won't let you do anything Home related).

I just noticed that. Wow, I guess they gave up on that.

If you can remote access the store this way that would be cool. You can have everything downloaded and installed when you get home.

If only you could actually remote turn on your PS3 instead of the fake remote start the PS3 currently has("turning off" the PS3 just puts it in remote play mode instead).

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
There's a press release here:

London, UK - May 28, 2009 - Sony Ericsson today showcases Aino. Get the best of two worlds with the keypad combined with an intuitive touch UI in media mode. An intuitive media browser gives users a clear overview and one touch direct access to their content

Control your PLAYSTATION®3 and access its media content on your Aino anywhere, anytime using Remote Play with PLAYSTATION®3. Remote Play with PLAYSTATION®3, initially developed for PSP, enables users to control and access media content on PLAYSTATION®3 from their phone. This can be done via a local network between PLAYSTATION®3 and Aino in your home or via the internet from anywhere in the world. For TV lovers in Italy, France, Spain, Germany and in the UK users can also enjoy the PlayTV(TM) service on PLAYSTATION®3 via the Aino. Watch, pause and record live TV from a huge range of free channels via Aino on the go.

Aino also introduces Media Home, an application that pulls media content from Media Go(TM) on your PC over Wi-Fi(TM) to your phone automatically. Users just insert their Aino into its charging stand and it automatically synchronizes with all the latest media content on their PC. You are always ready to go with the latest content on your phone.

"Sony Ericsson has established itself as THE Communication Entertainment brand and Aino highlights our commitment to bringing the latest communication technology to the market in fun and innovative ways for consumers to enjoy," said Alexandre Cardon, Market Business Manager at Sony Ericsson. "Media Home and Remote Play with PLAYSTATION®3 are key steps in broadening the entertainment experiences users can enjoy on their Sony Ericsson phone and gives a taste of our vision of the future."

Watch movies on the crystal clear 3 inch screen and listen to music in superb quality and with increased freedom - thanks to the stylish Wireless Stereo Headphone MH100 and matching Charging Stand EC100 included with Aino. This powerful phone offers a full range of exciting features to support the entertainment experiences on the phones such as; an 8.1 megapixel camera, Photo flash and Clear audio experience.

Aino Sound and vision set free

* The best of both worlds: traditional keypad and touch UI in media mode * Media Home and Media Go(TM) - simple to take your content with you * Remote Play with PLAYSTATION®3 - control and access your PLAYSTATION®3 media content from your mobile phone * 3 inch 16 million colour screen - surf the web in widescreen * Clear audio experience - listen to music in superb quality * Design matched Wireless Stereo Headphone MH100 and Charging Stand EC100

- ENDS -

Sounds like the client probably prevents game access (which makes sense given the controls situation). But hopefully everything else is as it should be.

I wonder if this will help development of PSP-less unofficial clients..would be pretty cool if someone managed to make a general client from which loads of different ones could be ported (e.g. for iphone, other mobiles, pc etc.)

Fizzle

krae_man said:
If only you could actually remote turn on your PS3 instead of the fake remote start the PS3 currently has("turning off" the PS3 just puts it in remote play mode instead).

No it doesn't, it puts it on standby mode with Remote Start turned on i.e. the Wifi is still on but the everything else is turned off.....

Well from my experience that is.

spwolf

krae_man said:
I just noticed that. Wow, I guess they gave up on that.

If you can remote access the store this way that would be cool. You can have everything downloaded and installed when you get home.

Dunno about store, but Europeans will be able to use it to control PlayTV, even record, pause, play TV.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Still not a SmartPhone?

The only SmartPhone SonyEricsson produced is the Xperia X1. They said they would ditch the Windows Mobile plataform, but i figured they would come up with something else.

That's the only thing that sony ericsson needs to do to make their phones be awesome - a smartphone.

Fizzle

gofreak said:
I wonder if this will help development of PSP-less unofficial clients..would be pretty cool if someone managed to make a general client from which loads of different ones could be ported (e.g. for iphone, other mobiles, pc etc.)

You mean like Open Remote Play?

spwolf

Opus Angelorum said:
Wait, it's not touch-screen?

^ Fail

Every phone I've ever owned has been an SE, and the Symbian implementation is poor at best.

it has both :) (touch is used for media).

leehom

That phone is baller...I bet it's going to start out at $1,500, give or take. If it drops to under $400 in a couple of years I'll probably buy it.

Top Bottom