• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Europe trademarks "The Sentinel"

Raylan

Banned
Sony Europe has filed a trademark for "The Sentinel".

The trademark was filed on April 26. Any guesses? Studio?
ct0LoHM.png

Gematsu Link

Raylan

Banned
There were 2 Sentinel games. I had a demo of Sentinel Returns on PS1 and it was downright terrifying! A surreal first person puzzle game.

I hope this is a new entry in that series.

This one here?

Yeah, sounds/looks like a VR game. Sony looked at their old IPs and knew this one would be the perfect VR game. Maybe the first game of Sony's new "North West Studio"?

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Well, without any information all I can say is this:

They might use this song in the game, especially considering Judas Priest is under Sony Music (and a song by them is in Twisted Metal PS3)

Judas Priest- The Sentinel

Anyways, I agree with Snake, it might be Kojima's new game...trademarked in Europe first for some reason?

Wasn't Sentinel a Psyognosis IP?

Sentinel Returns was published by Sony/Psygnosis, but the copyright notice on the back reads "©1998 No Name Games Limited. Published under exclusive licence from No Name Games Limited by Psygnosis Limited." I can't find anything on "No Name Games," but I suspect it's basically Geoff Crammond. Of course Crammond doesn't seem to be doing anything with the property these days, so if Sony approached him about a revival he probably wouldn't turn them down.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It would literally be perfect for VR. No movement with analog stick - you teleport so no motion sickness. Abstract low poly environment so no issues with framerate.

Turkoop

Banned

They might use this song in the game, especially considering Judas Priest is under Sony Music (and a song by them is in Twisted Metal PS3)

Anyways, I agree with Snake, it might be Kojima's new game...trademarked in Europe first for some reason?

wait, Take two registered few days ago "judas" and now Sony with The Sentinel.
Is this a coincidence?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair

If they are making games based on Judas Priest song titles, make me a racing game named Turbo Lover or Reckless. With the corresponding songs as part of the soundtrack, of course. Please based Sony, there's nothing better than racing to 80s hard rock and metal.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The Sentinel was the original first person teleporting game so would be a perfect fit for a VR remake.

If I wasn't already forced to buy PSVR for Tumble, I'd buy it for this.

While you're at it, do Stunt Car Racer VR. Still one of the only racing games to make my stomach churn when going over big jumps

Top Bottom