• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Fanatec Official GT wheel setup

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

700€

Could mod edit Its title

Thanks DGrayson DGrayson

ehneFM5.jpg

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Pretty sweet rig for $700.

But most people will be better off saving their money. GT7 sounds like it uses the DualSense perfectly.

There are people who spend $3000 on a PC gaming rig.

PS5 + DD Pro + racing chair rig = ~ $2000.

Nothing wrong with either. Luxury products.

MQdh0Ho.jpg

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

But most people will be better off saving their money. GT7 sounds like it uses the DualSense perfectly.

MQdh0Ho.jpg

Yeah I heard that (and happy for that seeing I dont have 700 laying around) but still...Look at my post below. Also, a semi good quality race seat/setup comes at a hefty price as well.

I don’t think people that are into this kind of thing would be satisfied with just using a dualsense

Yeah my playtime has diminished lately because using a wheel etc ads soooo much more inherent fun. And you will improve massively

Last edited:

MQdh0Ho.jpg

Maybe “most people”, but I tested a basic wheel setup with GT Sport and it made the game so incredibly immersive. I spent about $700 total on a chair and wheel. It was so immersive, that when I would get into my real car and drive, I was putting my GT skills to the real world. It was actually a bit concerning!

After a few weeks, I decided I could put the money to better use and that the controller was “good enough”. I returned the gear and it was basically the end of GT for me. I played for maybe a week longer with a controller and never touched it again. I was playing for hours daily with the wheel.

I’m debating on a wheel setup this time. The dual sense will have to be VERY good to replace a wheel.

Airbus Jr

Banned
See lots of people here complaining about 700 euro for device can be used for decades you guys must be poor spend more than that in a week for meal and car gasoline

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
The plastic desk clamps they give you are absolute garbage, broke mine a few sessions in. This is the only proper way to desk mount one of these lol.

259061468_558193205377505_8056223463699137586_n.jpg
260618933_304010198100226_7531442889682983774_n.jpg

Have since retired that desk and moved on to a proper rig.
260050722_362194595666502_6510573447328334710_n.jpg

Awesome setup Digity Digity !!! Thanks for sharing mate.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
See lots of people here complaining about 700 euro for device can be used for decades you guys must be poor spend more than that in a week for meal and car gasoline

Well for most it is a lot of money regardless. But you get a great quality product that you can use for years on end yeah..

It's mostly the same with all things, you gotta spend if you want quality

emilegc

This is a Direct Drive wheel, the cheapest DD wheel available to be honest, and the only one compatible with a PS5. This is a really good price considering you get a steering wheel and basic pedals. It's ugly as hell though. Also, PC sim racing is leagues away from consoles.

tygertrip

Use a gamepad for GT7? ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!! Holy shit dude, nice one. Seriously though, anyone who has played with a nice Fanatec set-up is NOT going to be satisfied with a dualsense! "Muh haptics!". Man, that is NOTHING to gripping the wheel as you feel the traction starting to slipping away. Dualsense over a Fanatec, for GT7! 😂😂😂😂😂

kyliethicc

Use a gamepad for GT7? ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!! Holy shit dude, nice one. Seriously though, anyone who has played with a nice Fanatec set-up is NOT going to be satisfied with a dualsense! "Muh haptics!". Man, that is NOTHING to gripping the wheel as you feel the traction starting to slipping away. Dualsense over a Fanatec, for GT7! 😂😂😂😂😂
No shit a wheel is better. Everyone knows that.

Most people don't have the space and or don't want to spend $700+ on peripherals. I played GT5 on PS3 with a wheel rig. Its great. Very fun. Great controls. I played GTS on PS4 with a DS4. Not as good, but much cheaper, simpler, and I didn't wanna drag a wheel rig with me to college / my first apartment.

tygertrip

Yeah my playtime has diminished lately because using a wheel etc ads soooo much more inherent fun. And you will improve massively
I used to have Fanatec pedals, wheel, and stick. I literally don't play car sims anymore (despite having a PSVR and a Quest 2) because , to me, it is just no fun without that set-up. Once you get used to it, you can't go back.

tygertrip

No shit a wheel is better. Everyone knows that.

Most people don't have the space and or don't want to spend $700+ on peripherals. I played GT5 on PS3 with a wheel rig. Its great. Very fun. Great controls. I played GTS on PS4 with a DS4. Not as good, but much cheaper, simpler, and I didn't wanna drag a wheel rig with me to college / my first apartment.
Hey youngster, you're the one that talked as if a dualsense would be comparable, not me. Oh man, I'm jealous. I'm decades past that stage in my life. Enjoy it!!

drotahorror

It's a good deal but you're paying an extra $100 for Sonys licensing fee. You're also only getting the 5nm power supply. So you gotta dish out another $150 for more power and better force feedback (8nm).

Last edited:

NT80

Well for most it is a lot of money regardless. But you get a great quality product that you can use for years on end yeah..

It's mostly the same with all things, you gotta spend if you want quality
But don't Fanatec have a reputation for shoddy reliability and bad customer service? I don't know if things have changed in recent years.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
But don't Fanatec have a reputation for shoddy reliability and bad customer service? I don't know if things have changed in recent years.

Not a clue. Heard the same about Trustmaster... You'll have to look it up I guess (me too)

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
It's a good deal but you're paying an extra $100 for Sonys licensing fee. You're also only getting the 5nm power supply. So you gotta dish out another $150 for more power and better force feedback (8nm).

5 is enough I reckon. Especially for casual/sim guys and gals

drotahorror

At least Logitech has all you guys covered who are complaining about the price hah.

Get what you pay for. $700 ain't nothin when it comes to a wheel setup.

Top Bottom