• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony files trademark for 'Vib Ribbon"' in Europe

I think Vib Ribbon is pretty much perfect as is. For a sequel I would be happy with the same visuals as Vib Ribbon (1080P and cleaned up), mp3/other audio format support, and a new soundtrack. They could experiment with the visual presentation if they like (Moji looks nice) because I don't think it's the most important aspect of the game. Just as long as they don't fuck up the mechanics, really.

If a new Vib Ribbon game were just Vib Ribbon in 1080p I wouldn't pay more than five bucks for it, new soundtrack or not. My expectations have evolved in the last 15 years and Mojib is so awesome that a 'cleaned up' Vib Ribbon would be a big step backwards.

If a new Vib Ribbon game were just Vib Ribbon in 1080p I wouldn't pay more than five bucks for it, new soundtrack or not. My expectations have evolved in the last 15 years and Mojib is so awesome that a 'cleaned up' Vib Ribbon would be a big step backwards.
That's kind of an odd thing to say tho b/c even when the original game came out, you had clearly more "epic" stuff like RE2, MGS, SM64, PD Saga etc competing for your dollar, and those games are still held as some of the best in their genres.

I don't personally care how much it costs, b/c I think game prices should be $30-$40 maximum anyway, but a top-end experience can take any number of forms with me. I don't need hundreds of hours of content and the looks of UnCharted to convince me a game's worth top dollar.

Yeah, I was thinking $10-15 would be a reasonable price depending on the content. Moji style would be nice, but wasn't the game itself not as good as Vib?

Vib Ribbon is awesome.
Vib ripple..not so much
And Mojib ribbon was also kinda lame.

edit: laugh and peace was amazing and it worked really well in the game.

That's kind of an odd thing to say tho b/c even when the original game came out, you had clearly more "epic" stuff like RE2, MGS, SM64, PD Saga etc competing for your dollar, and those games are still held as some of the best in their genres.

I don't personally care how much it costs, b/c I think game prices should be $30-$40 maximum anyway, but a top-end experience can take any number of forms with me. I don't need hundreds of hours of content and the looks of UnCharted to convince me a game's worth top dollar.

Vib Ribbon was a mid-tier game and it's not odd to have the bar raised by indies since the last generation.

Top Bottom