• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony FY14 Q2: 3.3M PS4, 0.8M PS3, 0.7M PSV/TV shipped

15486005238_f33c335277_o.png

Probably would've made sense to title it "Sony FY14 Q2: 3.3M PS4, 0.8M PS3, 0.7M PSV/TV + PSP shipped"

Goddamn, Sony is truly beasting! Surprised that they split the numbers. 13.5 million PS4s shipped, means there's at least 12.5 million sold, probably.

18 Million very possible by the end of the year.

NastyBook

*generic post reminding people of Sony's other failings, even though it has nothing to do with the topic at hand, goes here*

In fact, assuming this Nov + Dec is bigger than last years, could they hit 19 million shipped by the end of the year? Might they even make it to 20 million

So like 700,000 PS Vitas + PSTV's + PSP's shipped WW in Q2. To where exactly?

I'm assuming someone else will make a more complete Q2 results thread...

I was in the midst of making one but was sadly beaten and think mods will likely just choose to edit the title/first post to improve the thread

With the holidays incoming, can we expect a 15mil number?

Yea, if you expect them to only sell 2 million in the biggest months of the year, even though they did 4.5 million last year. I think we can expect at least 18 million by the end of the year.

Holidays account for what, half of the year's sales?

Road

PS4 13.5 million
Wii 13.17 million

Shipment at the same point.

Wii 20.13 million by December.

Might make a chart later.

So like 700,000 PS Vitas + PSTV's shipped WW in Q2. To where exactly?

I was in the midst of making one but was sadly beaten and think mods will likely just choose to edit the title/first post to improve the thread
It's also PSP.

Hopefully, someone (1st Course?) will post the normal info in the code tags, and that can be edited into the first post. These threads are occasionally useful for reference. But as it stands the OP has almost no utility.

ethomaz

Banned
Forecast is 17 million and they already shipped 7.6m.

9.4m to be shipped in Q3 and Q4.

I guess Sony is expecting over 6m shipped in Q4.

Striek

Good results for PS4/Game segment.

OT but wowza at the mobile losses, wiped out every other profitable division.

It's also PSP.

Hopefully, someone (1st Course?) will post the normal info in the code tags, and that can be edited into the first post. These threads are occasionally useful for reference. But as it stands the OP has almost no utility.

Yes somehow I always forget the PSP is in there too. Probably not to much of the shipments though I would think

Yeah 1st Course or Parmiendes as he always does crazy in-depth quarterly thread OPs

Good results for PS4/Game segment.

OT but wowza at the mobile losses, wiped out every other profitable division.

Damn shame too, every division (including TV) had their sales increase... But the mobile division fucked it all up. But that's a different topic.

ethomaz

Banned
I found the numbers...

Wii shipped 13.17m at Sep 2007.
PS4 shipped 13.5m at Sep 2014

PS4 is yet the fastest selling console of the history.

NolbertoS

Was waiting for Sony's financials. PS4 is beasting. 700K must mean that 3/4 are PS TV'd being sold stateside and Japan and the remaining 1/4 divided in half between PSvita 2000 and PSP. Still better than nothing that PS Vita is getting a 2nd life as a PS TV.

Top Bottom