• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony FY2019 Results - PS4: 13.6m (LTD: 110.4m) / FY19: 2nd best year ever for PlayStation / 41.5M PS+ Members & 66% Digital Ratio

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
The numbers in OP lacks some quarters... it is around 1.3b software sales already (at least 100% over 1.2b).
So more one or two quarters will make it over PS2 software sales.

At that point it is 100% certain unless the world ends before it :D.

I think it's likely part of the reason Sony decided to release TLOU2 sooner. Take advantage of the lockdown which will hopefully offset the negativity currently circulating about the game.

Kerotan

I can't believe it's still 7m ahead of ps2 aligned and at such a higher price. Ps plus numbers are also insane. Next quarter results will be huge with TLOU2, increased digital and ps plus sales due to covid and possibly launch Tsushima sales. Can't wait.

I think indirectly it affects people. They care because sales mean more software support (games) and more niche hardware support (VR).

It's the same with anything. iOS gets a lot of app support due to its popularity Windows phone wasn't a bad platform but its apps were shit because the hardware sales weren't there.
This comment is just 🤦‍♂️. An imbecile is one that doesn't understand why ppl would care for sales. What a company does in the future and it's endeavors is directly tied to profit and how much they sell. Budgets are a real thing. Games and even dev teams get disbanded or canceled if a company doesn't sell well or a game tanks, these are facts. I want Sony to sell a trillion because that means thyll have enough profit to push more games I like and hardware. You sell little and companies go under.

People have preferences not just only based on fanboy unhealthy brand loyalty but because guess what? They genuinely enjoy the quality of or specific things a company offers.

At no point did I suggest no one should care about a product, particularly a media platform like a games console, being financially viable.

As you both say, it's important to know what you're purchasing will continue to be able to perform the purpose it was bought for, I have no arguement there.

It's the console warriors that become obsessed with which successful product is more successful that I'm calling imbeciles.

It cannot have escaped your notice how much worse the constant bickering and irrational, overyly emotional reactions from people have become. Every single time any topic regarding the new systems is posted, there's someone that likes the other system stirring up trouble. It's insufferable.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
At no point did I suggest no one should care about a product, particularly a media platform like a games console, being financially viable.

As you both say, it's important to know what you're purchasing will continue to be able to perform the purpose it was bought for, I have no arguement there.

It's the console warriors that become obsessed with which successful product is more successful that I'm calling imbeciles.

It cannot have escaped your notice how much worse the constant bickering and irrational, overyly emotional reactions from people have become. Every single time any topic regarding the new systems is posted, there's someone that likes the other system stirring up trouble. It's insufferable.

I understand and agree.

D.Final

Banned
I can't believe it's still 7m ahead of ps2 aligned and at such a higher price. Ps plus numbers are also insane. Next quarter results will be huge with TLOU2, increased digital and ps plus sales due to covid and possibly launch Tsushima sales. Can't wait.

In about one other year or two...

Top Bottom