• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Gamescom press conference; August 20th 7PM CET, 6PM UK

DPJ

Banned
Last chance for any big western dev announcements before PS4 launch. Best make it count.

Also last chance for Vita to... well... last chance for Vita probably. If Vita doesn't at least make as good a showing as last year I'll be disappointed.

El-Suave

Last year's Gamescom conference was better than the E3 conference from that year. Many pleasant surprises and announcements. I hope they realise they've raised the bar for Gamescom and try to match it this year.

ZeroFate

So you want to sit in a huge aula on some folding chairs to see game trailers projected on a screen far away? It is easier to follow at home. The food was excellent though.

Being there isn't that interesting compared to following it at home.

I've never been to a gaming conference like that before so... yup. I'm sure it'd be a "one and done" thing though if it's really how you described.

Into

Is there a chance we hear anything from Naughty Dog? Even a short teaser trailer for their first PS4 game? Would be perfect to ride the goodwill that Last of Us has created to really hype people up for 2014-2015

Bundy

Banned

jrq7.jpg

Is there a chance we hear anything from Naughty Dog? Even a short teaser trailer for their first PS4 game? Would be perfect to ride the goodwill that Last of Us has created to really hype people up for 2014-2015

VGA's would be my prediction. I'd love to see gameplay from The Order or the annoucement of Sony Santa Monica's new IP, but a game like Little Big Planet 3 is more likely. Still, you never know.

I'd scream for Gravity Rush 2 and The Last Guardian right now, but they'd seem more likely to appear at TGS if they were going to show at all. I just really hope Sony don't skimp on the Vita. It only got two new game announcements at Gamescom last year, but Tearaway and Killzone Mercenary both look exemplary and easily look to be among the best the system has to offer this year, so I'd like a repeat performance in that respect. Don't want it all to be solely about the PS4.

NHale

Also last chance for Vita to... well... last chance for Vita probably. If Vita doesn't at least make as good a showing as last year I'll be disappointed.

"We at Playstation will continue to show you, the gamer, our continued support of the Playstation Vita platform. Today I'm proud to announce that we are bringing another AAA experience to Playstation Vita this Fall. Here is the first glimpse of Killzone HD."

NHale

No. VGAs 2013 at the earliest.

The most likely announcements are the Media Molecule PS4 game and LittleBigPlanet 3 that is being developed by Sumo Digital.

Denzar

20th is day before conference starts officially
21st is the day for the press to roam on the showfloor comfortably
22-25th are public days, filled to the brink with sweaty fans

crowd610.jpg

crowd_of_visitors_at_azkvf.jpg

Holy f....

Glad I'm going the 21st! My gamescom cherry is about to be popped!

Sure.
One's in Xbone Indie thread, post #469

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=633496&page=10

Another one was also a hint to a gamescom surprise in a direct response to any oculus rift discussion, I just don't remember which thread exactly.

Edit: Here the other link. Thread about Sony and Oculus rift. Post #76
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=615361&page=2

Thanks, here are the links to them posts:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=72636596&postcount=469

Sony's gamescom surprise is going to be a bit more surprising. But this is a great move by MS. I was misinformed and thought the home unit was just going to be a debug unit... being an actual dev kit is awesome. It's obviously not going to be as powerful as the full fledged dev kit because you need overhead power... but for most indie games that's not an issue in the slightest.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=68527416&postcount=76

Gamescom is going to be interesting.

now we're talking, that could be a terraton in the making, that'll do for now to hype me up ;)

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
It's nice to have conferences at sensible times

daveo42

Banned
I hope we actually get a live stream. Knowing GAF, it'll be down within 5 minutes of the show starting and it's one of the only places I can go to get info at work.

Maybe there'll be a live blog somewhere I can follow.

Top Bottom