• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony has reportedly held 1st and 3rd party announcements back for august state of play.

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
Sparse?? I see the opposite happening

Sony are really doubling down on games and Spider-man Miles Morales, Horizon Forbidden West, Ratchet and Clank, Kena and Demon Souls are all coming within a year

Launch lineup dude... Spider-Man Miles is the only one in the games you mentioned that is a launch exclusive. Kena is timed exclusive.

Not trashing Playstation... I love my PS4. It's just a fact that the launch lineup looks sparse right now. Especially compared to PS4 or Vita.

AjCu11G.jpg

Vawn

Banned
Launch lineup dude... Spider-Man Miles is the only one in the games you mentioned that is a launch exclusive. Kena is timed exclusive.

Not trashing Playstation... I love my PS4. It's just a fact that the launch lineup looks sparse right now. Especially compared to PS4 or Vita.

What did PS4 have that was so great at launch? I played Resogun and Assassin's Creed.

We already have Spider-Man, Assassin's Creed, Kena and Cyberpunk. Seems decent as far as launches go.

I'm actually really curious to see what they do with GTA V. The fact it's not releasing until the second half of next year gives me hope it could be a significant remaster.

I'd kind of like to play through it all again.
I am curious to, you would think if it was just going to be the PC version released on PS5, it could come out sooner. Although it could be they are waiting until the next gen install base increases to improve launch sales.

They don’t need one
Halo doesn’t hold the Same impact as before
We‘re not in 2009 anymore.....
Should wait until we see the game. New staff .New Engine .Its a reboot of sorts.

For instance, Senior Designer/ lead combat designer on Horizon Zero Dawn (Troy Mashburn)is Gameplay Director/Lead Sandbox Designer on Halo Infinite.
Paul Crocker-Lead Narrative Designer at Rocksteady (Batman games) is the Narrative Director/Associate Creative Director on Halo Infinite.

I am thinking Silent Hill and a new Street Fighter announcement.

First Party I think a focus on multiplayer, maybe SOCOM and LOU2 Factions.

Any rumours of how far along the new Uncharted game is?

Hunnybun

I am curious to, you would think if it was just going to be the PC version released on PS5, it could come out sooner. Although it could be they are waiting until the next gen install base increases to improve launch sales.

Surely it's going to be more than just the PC version? That'd effectively just be the PS4 game with a resolution and frame rate increase wouldn't it?

I assume they want people playing GTA Online for the foreseeable (basically until GTA 6 finally appears) and therefore think it's worth their while giving the world a full remaster. Well that's what I'm hoping, anyway.

ZehDon

Gold Member
I think Sony need to be careful here. Up until now, we've just had Microsoft's third parties versus Sony's big heavy hitting volley. Things are sitting in Sony's favour right now. If Microsoft's big show hits the mark and delivers exactly what they need to, and Sony comes out with their second tier of titles and it disappoints, things will be sitting in Microsoft's favour, with Sony only having the price tag left. On the flip-side, if Sony's second string out-scores Microsoft's first party lineup... Microsoft are in more than a little trouble.

REE Machine

Banned
What's all this holding back crap they are both doing this year?

Remember the days when they opened the floodgates in June? Good old times.
I dont mind the gradual leak now because it gives me something to look forward to all year instead of one moment no matter how good it is. Its like sex, make it last long the better experience you will have.

kyoji

I really think MS is playing chicken with themselves almost everything they do or have done is reactionary up to this point and the couple of times they thought they were getting the jump on a play they wind up shooting themselves in the foot. Meanwhile Sony are just chilling not pressed calmly manipulating the chess board.

I’d be very wary of info like this as Sony have a track record for showing off stuff Which is years off release and Sony console launches are historically shit game wise.

Their main 1st party studios just dropped games and they revealed the other launch (or supposedly launch window) titles so it’s most likely going to be third party exclusive stuff which will most likely be pc/xbox as well

So it might just be a price and release reveal

Aion002

I’d be very wary of info like this as Sony have a track record for showing off stuff Which is years off release and Sony console launches are historically shit game wise.

Their main 1st party studios just dropped games and they revealed the other launch (or supposedly launch window) titles so it’s most likely going to be third party exclusive stuff which will most likely be pc/xbox as well

Sooooo is bad if they don't show it and it's also bad if they show it... Also, every single xbox game is on pc and some also on PlayStation.... But I guess that against the Xbox it doesn't count eh?

JLB

Banned
Of course. You dont play all yours cards at the same time on a war.
What if Sony announces a new Silent Hill? What if Microsoft announces a new killer IP?
Both need something to counter that possibility.

JLB

Banned
I really think MS is playing chicken with themselves almost everything they do or have done is reactionary up to this point and the couple of times they thought they were getting the jump on a play they wind up shooting themselves in the foot. Meanwhile Sony are just chilling not pressed calmly manipulating the chess board.

Microsoft presented Series X way before Sony presented PS5. How it was playing "chicken"?
Even Microsoft published a schedule of presentations like two months ago.

And being "reactionary" (not on politics, of course) is a good thing. It means that you have the power to understand market and act upon it.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.

Neither company has given their launch lineup. In fact, we don't know if Halo Infinite will even make launch, didn't MS mention delays might happen?

But anyhow, the launch window for the PS5 is looking damn good, way better than the PS4

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Hopefully all announcements are for games coming with 2 years. But impressive if they held stuff back.

I just hope we get a remaster of one of the following series or a reboot.

Resistance, Killzone, motorstorm or Socom.
A new Resistance would be sooo good

J____Av

Its the same thing every gen. Xbox goes all out with everything they got the first year or two and then fizzles out. Sony usally waits a year or two to get their big guns out and then massacres Xbox in exclusives

Abear21

Banned
I’m not getting hyped for the launch lineup, I’ll still be getting a PS5 day one, but to expect a bunch of great exclusives within the first 6 months would be naively ignoring the fact that a little virus impacted literally every game in development.

Its the same thing every gen. Xbox goes all out with everything they got the first year or two and then fizzles out. Sony usally waits a year or two to get their big guns out and then massacres Xbox in exclusives
Let’s also not forget their horrible track record with developing new IPs. Most of their stuff is acquired. I like game pass and all but Xbox needs a lot of solid releases before I invest in one.

I understand they want to one-up Microsoft, but the June reveal fell flat for me, so I wish they would have went in with guns blazing.
Why would they though? They are sitting comfortably with a larger user base. Backwards compatibility will make sure a lot of people transfer over since there has been a lot more digital purchases this gen and I don’t think people will just leave it.

They simply have to react not act( kratos voice)

Hunnybun

Well there's the rumoured Silent Hill game that's probably not that far off - like 2022.

There's also this rumoured second team at Guerrilla, which might show up. Not sure if I believe that, though, personally. People also seem to think Arrowhead might be working on an exclusive, so that's a possibility.

I think they'll save everything else (God of War, a new Uncharted) for next year.

Tbh I just want to see gameplay of Spider-Man, Horizon, and Demon's Souls.

Sooooo is bad if they don't show it and it's also bad if they show it... Also, every single xbox game is on pc and some also on PlayStation.... But I guess that against the Xbox it doesn't count eh?

No bad is showing something for 4 years in a row on e3 To pad out a show

If they are going to show off sizzle reels of stuff that is well off release I don’t see it as a good reason for someone to pick up a ps5 day one for most people

If all the stuff they showed off in that show was at launch I’d buy just for hzd2 but I suspect it’s gonna be spread out

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

I understand they want to one-up Microsoft, but the June reveal fell flat for me, so I wish they would have went in with guns blazing.

Theyve been one upping xbox for over an entire generation. Since late in in the PS360 gen and MS tried to go after Wii Sony has been pumping out hit after hit.

New IP and sequels for others and now they are set up for an even bigger run.

Its going to take MS doing everything perfect for an entire gen to even get in the same ballpark, than they can play ball. MS competes by offering great value.

Aion002

No bad is showing something for 4 years in a row on e3 To pad out a show

If they are going to show off sizzle reels of stuff that is well off release I don’t see it as a good reason for someone to pick up a ps5 day one for most people

If all the stuff they showed off in that show was at launch I’d buy just for hzd2 but I suspect it’s gonna be spread out
Just like everybody? Every company announces stuff too early and usually have a meh launch lineup.

Also, Sony delivers most of time, they have a great track record of making great games.... You can say a lot of things about Sony, but you can't say that they don't support their consoles, even Vita got great games from them... Right now they have so many studios that could/are working on PS5 games and we don't even know what they have and when or if they will show it soon... I don't see a point in downplaying a potential new State of Play.

Last edited:

KAOS

On one hand it's smart to hold some surprises back. On the other it will seem like a desperate response to MS showing especially if it's not ps5 launch titles!

Arkam

How exactly does sony hold third party announcements back?
... by asking them usually. In that ask, there is probably some offer of promotion reach or some such. Maybe some premium placing on PS website or in the store. These companies do have decades long relationship at this point. They know what helps both parties in the long run.

Last edited:

ZZZZ

Who is making SH if not Tokyo Japan?
Could they be working on both SH and the new RaySpace?

Top Bottom