• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony have become incompetent

Bryank75

Banned
In the last 2 years, I have seen PlayStation allow great games to be reviewed before final patches, duck out of E3, let all of Quantic Dreams games go to PC along with funding Death Stranding and let that also go to PC.... now Horizon Zero Dawn is the latest to go to PC.

The direct type 'State of Plays' are boring and have zero personality and right now, it looks like they fired anyone that was liked by the community.

There are many credible rumors of PS5 coming in under the performance of Series X, the latest leaked design is hideous and looks incredibly cheap.

I have absolutly no confidence in the current direction that PlayStation is heading, if they continue to make their games multiplatform... I think many will just stop buying their hardware. I am certainly seriously considering this...

I wonder how many of the PlayStation owners on Gaf feel about the current direction?

Jigsaah

Gold Member
*Saves post to protect from whiplash after the PS5 reveal.

Edited for contribution:
Great games, better price more than likely. Power will be close enough. It won't be a 30-40% difference like X was to the Pro.

I don't like the current direction Sony is going in some aspects. I am still pissed they aren't doing E3. I don't care about the business of it.
I don't like the "fewer but bigger exclusives".
I don't like the whole censorship thing
I don't like the State of Plays...but I don't like Xbox's version of it either. I only like nintendo's
I am a bit concerned about the Backwards Compatibility. I'm hoping they can pull off full BC without having it go through PSNow, but I feel like it might be just wishful thinking.

I still think the system is worth buying. Exclusives aren't everything. For me, I like playing my fighting games on a Dual shock. Sports games, Dual Shock. Single player games. PS4 guaranteed. There's alot to be excited about.

Last edited:

CJY

Banned
I worry about Sony's direction, but am withholding judgement until the PS5 reveal. Right now, I still think they have next generation on lock-down. A poor PS5 reveal might change that, but it will take a lot of serious mis-steps for me to not want a PS5 at launch.

Their games being ported to PC doesn't bother me in the slightest. The games they strategically port will reach a broader audience for their inevitable sequels.

Also, outside of Cerny, Shu and House, I didn't care for any of the other suits. As long as the new hires are competent, that's all that matter to me.

Herman Hulst is a bawse

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
In the last 2 years, I have seen PlayStation allow great games to be reviewed before final patches, duck out of E3, let all of Quantic Dreams games go to PC along with funding Death Stranding and let that also go to PC.... now Horizon Zero Dawn is the latest to go to PC.

The direct type 'State of Plays' are boring and have zero personality and right now, it looks like they fired anyone that was liked by the community.

There are many credible rumors of PS5 coming in under the performance of Series X, the latest leaked design is hideous and looks incredibly cheap.

I have absolutly no confidence in the current direction that PlayStation is heading, if they continue to make their games multiplatform... I think many will just stop buying their hardware. I am certainly seriously considering this...

I wonder how many of the PlayStation owners on Gaf feel about the current direction?

I said it before and I say it now. Jim Ryan is going to bring dark times to Playstation, the best way to get better is to get fired as quickly as possible.

They need to have their headquarters in Japan again and the company must be guided by a Japanese, that will improve the brand a lot.

O-N-E

giphy.gif

Ok boomer.

NickFire

OP just enjoy the ride and withhold making final decisions about next gen until we have solid info on price and power. Everything is pretty much boring right now. We're in final countdown mode for a new generation.

And consider this: Sony has won the generation by over 2-1. For them its garbage time. The coaches are working on next week's plan, and the rookie bench riders are getting some minutes.

Mista

Banned
I never worry about unnecessary shit. If they continue giving me the games which they would, then that's enough for me

People worry about lots of unnecessary shit like if they're the ones that will get affected. Who gives a fuck what direction they take?

Give me games, this is the ONLY thing that matters!

Kagero

Too soon. Lets wait until Feb at least. Sony exclusives going to PC is fine as long as it's exclusive to Sony for at least a year. Both MS and Sony are prepping for a no console future. They both spoke about this.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
They've consistently put out and funded great games that I enjoy playing and have sold a boatload of consoles, software, and services this generation. I'd say they are anything but incompetent.

meirl

Banned
Well,

why exactly should Sony care and even try?

People have been constantly FOLLOWING BLIND Sony, whatever they have done, people wouldn’t give a shit. People would even applaud them for blocking crossplay

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I said it before and I say it now. Jim Ryan is going to bring dark times to Playstation, the best way to get better is to get fired as quickly as possible.

They need to have their headquarters in Japan again and the company must be guided by a Japanese, that will improve the brand a lot.
Oh don't get me started on Jim Ryan.

I remember the bullshit he tried to pull when the X was coming out. I didn't like him when he was in marketing. I have no idea how he was chosen to head up Playstation. He's a complete tool.

demigod

Software is where the money is at, this is a smart move by Sony if they wait until 6 months to a year to release on PC and not day and date with console. Fans have been asking for Bloodborne for PC.

Games nowadays drop to $20 within 1 year, it's a good move to release it at $60 on PC.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
This is exactly why you shouldn't ever fight for one company to be your favorite. They all are out to simply make money. If you ever think they are doing anything other than that you are playing yourself. As a gamer, I want to play games, and I will support anything that allows me to play more games.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
its not been fun op. lmao. what a shitty last few months.

but this IS good for gamers. and now you dont have to buy a sony console next gen and get stuck playing 30 fps games for an entire gen.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.

They have been making some questionable choices lately but I think we have to wait until everything is laid out on the table before we fully judge bro

The reveal in a few weeks will most likely get us very hyped for the next generation

Gamernyc78

Banned

How do I feel? Like Playstation will continue to be the best system to play on. You let a little news of an old ass game coming to PC bother you? 🤔 Why? They are following the same strategy thy are using with Psnow bring exclusives to pc two years plus later. Why you mad at them? Let them make their money so we can keep getting great hardware and games.

DonF

I dont care that pc bros get death stranding or detroit, good that more people can enjoy those games, I know I did.

I dont get it, is sony arrogant, incompetent or both now?

lets just wait a bit, we all want more info about ps5, Ill tag them as incompetent once we know more about the xbox series x and the ps5.

Last edited:

meirl

Banned
You're a better man than me. There's some Sony exclusives I just wouldn't be able to wait a year to play.
Well, you would get a fully patched complete edition. With all DLCs, all patches etc. Much better performance and price for a third of the price. Why not?

And honestly the blacklog is so huge anyways. Wouldn’t even notice

Last edited:

gifgaf

Well,

why exactly should Sony care and even try?

People have been constantly FOLLOWING BLIND Sony, whatever they have done, people wouldn’t give a shit. People would even applaud them for blocking crossplay
People are not following Sony blind, they have the best exclusives, that sells consoles. You seem to ignore that fact to further your petty console war salty posts. If MS comes out with some good exclusives then things could change.

Personally I hope MS can pull it back, we need two competing console manufacturers to keep each other on their toes. That's better for consumers imo.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This is exactly why you shouldn't ever fight for one company to be your favorite. They all are out to simply make money. If you ever think they are doing any other than that you are playing yourself. As a gamer, I want to play games, and I will support anything that allows me to play more games.
this is a good post. i own every single current console. i dont even play nintendo games and own a switch. i bought a new pc despite owning mid gen refreshes. at the end of the day, its a hobby, i will play any game thats great, not matter what console. falling for corporations who mostly only care about making money is only going to result in OPs like this thread.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I worry about Sony's direction, but am withholding judgement until the PS5 reveal. Right now, I still think they have next generation on lock-down. A poor PS5 reveal might change that, but it will take a lot of serious mis-steps for me to not want a PS5 at launch.

Their games being ported to PC doesn't bother me in the slightest. The games they strategically port will reach a broader audience for their inevitable sequels.

Also, outside of Cerny, Shu and House, I didn't care for any of the other suits. As long as the new hires are competent, that's all that matter to me.

Herman Hulst is a bawse
This is where I'm at. 2020 looks amazing but we need to see their roadmap for the near future. Go ahead and announce the damn reveal already lol

I also don't mind who's steering the ship as long as we get bigger and better games like we should :)

Top Bottom