• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony have become incompetent

Mista

Banned
How many new "Sony is doomed" threads we need per day?
At least everybody just keeps talking about Sony, nobody makes 5 new threads a day for Xbox or Nintendo, so i guess they are doing something right...
Loyalty game is so hard

Kagero

Son, MS releases day and date with PC and gamepass, that's a bad move.

Edit: Tell me again how did Gears of War 5 do both on Xbox and Steam again? Thought so.
Exactly! If you own a PC, you can play everything MS releases day 1. Why is this so hard to understand lol. If Sony follows this route, then it's clear there would be no reason to own a console.

sunnysideup

Banned
How many new "Sony is doomed" threads we need per day?
At least everybody just keeps talking about Sony, nobody makes 5 new threads a day for Xbox or Nintendo, so i guess they are doing something right...

xbox is dead. No one gives a fuck. They had three attempts, all failed.

Its between pc and playstation now. And now sony is tying its own rope.

Psykodad

Banned
This is the start of current gen all over again. Lol

MS keeps running their mouth, boasting about whatever, making dumb statements and decision and then flip-flop with their PR and people start to be "concerned" about Sony.

And at the end of next-gen, we'll be in the same boat again, having the same discussions with different concerns. Smh

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I'll be the first one to tell them that's a BAD MOVE, book it.
i dont disagree. its just that now its been three games. first it was quantic dream. then koji pro and now a first party title.

the writing is on the wall.

Iced Arcade

Horizon Zero Dawn going to PC doesn't affect you at all, settle down. an exclusive literally does nothing for a consumer besides bulk up a list for list wars.

Money is generally made by software sales (and now services), not hardware sales soooo its smart for Sony to tap into the PC market.

nani17

are in a big trouble
giphy.gif

another xbox thread :messenger_winking:

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
They lose my $400-$500 when i don't buy ps5 and spend it on PC upgrades instead.

But they make a fraction of what they make on hardware vs software. over a billion pieces of software for 100 million ps4s. Which do you think they care more about?

stitch1

I see nothing wrong with this. Sony will make more money from the PC players that pick this up. More people will get to experience the game and a lot of people will enjoy it and want more content from Guerrilla Games Studio. More money will be given for their next project and even more people will want to buy it based on the hype coming off this one. There is nothing bad about more people getting to play a good game.

CJY

Banned
I see nothing wrong with this. Sony will make more money from the PC players that pick this up. More people will get to experience the game and a lot of people will enjoy it and want more content from Guerrilla Games Studio. More money will be given for their next project and even more people will want to buy it based on the hype coming off this one. There is nothing bad about more people getting to play a good game.

So true. Anyone who says they're not going to buy a PS5 as a result of this announcement were likely never going to buy a PS5 anyway.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
But they make a fraction of what they make on hardware vs software. over a billion pieces of software for 100 million ps4s. Which do you think they care more about?

They don't sell the software if no one buy's the hardware genius. You put the game on PC and even if it's sold it's now even less profitable because Steam is getting a substantial cut.

This only works for Microsoft because even if their game is on Steam, you still have to buy Windows which is extra revenue in Microsoft's pocket. And if it's not on Steam, but through the Xbox App they lose nothing. Sony will never have that luxury.

Last edited:

hunthunt

Banned
Ill just wait and see, but yes, their fucking States of Play got may nerves already, and of course the lack of info while everyone is talking about the xbx is really annoyjng.

They are probably tryng to not take attention out of The Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima but they should release both of them in december 2020 with PlayStation5 in backwards compatibility mode.

they definitively need to be more aggresive.

Last edited:

CJY

Banned
What does the latest leaked design look like? I thought the V-shaped dev kit was the only thing that was revealed.

Edit: looked into it and these are the images in circulation:
PS54CHAN.jpg

1579026227338-e1579179397321.jpg

1579026141279-e1579179360390.jpg

If this is real, then I think Xbox Series X has won in the looks department.
Looks SHIT. Would not buy.

SLB1904

Banned
The fucked up thing from me is not porting the games to pc.
Its not telling if thw game is coming to pc or not.

Fuck this.
I rather buy games on cdkeys.
Now ill just wait a year or 2

CJY

Banned
i dont disagree. its just that now its been three games. first it was quantic dream. then koji pro and now a first party title.

the writing is on the wall.
I really can't tell with these posts whether it's trolling or whether you actually believe this is a bad thing for Sony. "The writing is on the wall"?

DA FUQQQQ!??

Three

Horizon zero dawn is an old game now. If it goes to PC then it's perfectly fine. If anything they will then release HZD2 on PS5 only and try and get the PC players to buy a PS5. The old halo and gears formula.

Last edited:

DESTROYA

My head hurts after reading these kind of threads for Sony or MS , not sure if your really serious OP but take a deep breath and relax until we actually know more about both consoles.

What does the latest leaked design look like? I thought the V-shaped dev kit was the only thing that was revealed.

Edit: looked into it and these are the images in circulation:
PS54CHAN.jpg

1579026227338-e1579179397321.jpg

1579026141279-e1579179360390.jpg

If this is real, then I think Xbox Series X has won in the looks department.

This looks more like an Xbox than an Xbox because it’s in the shape of an X that is a box.

Also I’m not sure why people are butt hurt about Sony games on PC, having a choice is a good thing. Chances are there will be a Sony launcher allowing games to be exclusive to their eco system.

Journey

Banned
*Saves post to protect from whiplash after the PS5 reveal.

Edited for contribution:
Great games, better price more than likely. Power will be close enough. It won't be a 30-40% difference like X was to the Pro.

Are you Albert Penello's ALT?

I keed.

Edit: 9.2 -> 12 is actually 30% :messenger_face_screaming:

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I really can't tell with these posts whether it's trolling or whether you actually believe this is a bad thing for Sony. "The writing is on the wall"?

DA FUQQQQ!??
the writing is on the wall as soon its going to happen eventually even if it might not happen today. doesnt mean its a bad thing for sony.

now if you want to discuss whether or not i believe this will be bad for sony then you will have to start by not dismissing any concern as trolling without even reading the reasoning.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Sales-wise they will always be fine. The PS brand is simply too strong and knows virtually no competition in Europe. As long as they have the latest plug-and-play games and media box branded PlayStation, Sony will be fine. Ain't no PC or "most powerful in the world" XBox taking away Sony's crown in sales and recognition as long as Sony don't completely fluke literally everything they can - and even then it would take a while to erode their video game empire.

This doesn't mean I don't agree with OP on various things. I skipped PS4 and don't regret it, and PS5 has everything to do to convince me to buy one.

meirl

Banned
So true. Anyone who says they're not going to buy a PS5 as a result of this announcement were likely never going to buy a PS5 anyway.
Why would anyone buy a PS5 if:

a) all their exclusive games come to PC
and
b) the Xbox is more than 30% more powerful at the same price?

Top Bottom