• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony have become incompetent

sunnysideup

Banned
Sales-wise they will always be fine. The PS brand is simply too strong and knows virtually no competition in Europe. As long as they have the latest plug-and-play games and media box branded PlayStation, Sony will be fine. Ain't no PC or "most powerful in the world" XBox taking away Sony's crown in sales and recognition as long as Sony don't completely fluke literally everything they can - and even then it would take a while to erode their video game empire.

This doesn't mean I don't agree with OP on various things. I skipped PS4 and don't regret it, and PS5 has everything to do to convince me to buy one.
Ehhh. pc is the biggest platform in europe.

Breakage

This looks more like an Xbox than an Xbox because it’s in the shape of an X that is a box.

It's as if the designer looked at the angular Xbox 360 Slim for inspiration and half way through,remembering it's supposed to be a PlayStation, decided to add the stacked layers aesthetic of the PS4.

I personally think it looks awful and I hope it isn't real, but with Sony you just don't know.

Last edited:
1) I will always get whatever Nintendo system is out. The software is worth it.

2) The worst I've seen from Sony was the PS3. I waited until it was cheaper, but ultimately it was still worth getting for me. The only real reason it's worth it is just because they tend to have more Japanese games than Xbox, and both machines seem to basically do the exact same thing. Sony 1st party exclusives are at the best point they've been probably ... ever. So their software is starting to really be a factor, and I'm sure I'll want to play their exclusives. I don't care if they're on PC. I never gamed on PC.

3) The only thing up in the air at all for me is if I need a 3rd system. In the past I got the 1st Xbox. I got the 360. I skipped the XB1 because I literally didn't need it. No exclusives I wanted, and it's mostly the same shit as a PS4. I am keeping an open mind in regards to MS going into next gen. It would take a lot to make me buy a 3rd machine for $500. All their exclusive dev teams would have to be hitting home run after home run. I am still possibly interested though if they come out with a cheaper machine that is designed more for game pass, and maybe not super expensive. I'd consider getting one then, maybe.

kretos

Banned
d24b2265956a6f204eb5a5ba438d1a4a.jpg

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Are you Albert Penello's ALT?

I keed.

Edit: 9.2 -> 12 is actually 30% :messenger_face_screaming:

giphy.gif

Well...we still don't know if the flops are real yet. But I will stick my foot in my mouth should it be true.

Edit:
Waaaait a minute....

12tflops x 30% = 3.6 tflops ....12 tflops-3.6tflops = 8.4tflops

9.2tflops > 8.4tflops....therefore. 9.2 is NOT 30% of 12.

You thought you were slick didn't ya.

Last edited:
How much did they pay you OP?

Ok, I'll be fair, Sony fans have been attacking Xbox for having games shared with PC since the 360 days, so this thread is hilarious and ironic, but these Sony doom threads appear 15 times a week. Sony and Microsoft will reveal their consoles and additional details in the next 3-4 months, so let's just wait before we assume what direction each company will go in.

Aion002

Console ONLY gamers, which probably make up 80% of all console gamers, if not 90%.
Yep.

Also let's not forget that the majority of gamers owns a ps4 and if the ps5 can play ps4 games, most would feel the need to buy one....

For example: Even if my pc could run a game like Uncharted 5 better than the ps5, I would probably get a ps5 just to keep all my ps4 games and saves...

Last edited:

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
In the last 2 years, I have seen PlayStation allow great games to be reviewed before final patches, duck out of E3, let all of Quantic Dreams games go to PC along with funding Death Stranding and let that also go to PC.... now Horizon Zero Dawn is the latest to go to PC.

The direct type 'State of Plays' are boring and have zero personality and right now, it looks like they fired anyone that was liked by the community.

There are many credible rumors of PS5 coming in under the performance of Series X, the latest leaked design is hideous and looks incredibly cheap.

I have absolutly no confidence in the current direction that PlayStation is heading, if they continue to make their games multiplatform... I think many will just stop buying their hardware. I am certainly seriously considering this...

I wonder how many of the PlayStation owners on Gaf feel about the current direction?
Didnt MLB go multiplat too? Or was that just for PC?

I talked to him a few days ago with my brother, Sony has been acting strangely for 2 years. I hope that it totally changes my feeling at the moment the PS5 is presented. But it seems they have forgotten what led them to victory with PS4. And in my house in 25 years only playstation consoles have entered.

I'm a Playstation person, that's just way it's always been. The Xbox model of paying a monthly sub and getting all their big titles on day one, is freaking brilliant! If all of my friends and the franchises I love weren't on PS, i would jump ship to Xbox in a heart beat. Yea, I know "why don't you just buy an Xbox" well I barely have time for my PS4 how am I gonna squeeze in another system.

I honestly hope that PS adopts something very similar to game pass. Sony just has to look at how successful PSN is to know that is the route to go. The Subscription model is pretty much the way of the future. It is so common place now people don't even think about it.

ClearMind

Report me for console warring (Xbot, Xbro etc.)
No clue what Sony is trying to achieve by putting their games on PC but I dont buy consoles with no exclusives. My plan was to build myself a new PC in 2021 after the next gen consoles are out and Im gonna take a wait and see approach for the PS5.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
What does the latest leaked design look like? I thought the V-shaped dev kit was the only thing that was revealed.

Edit: looked into it and these are the images in circulation:
PS54CHAN.jpg

1579026227338-e1579179397321.jpg

1579026141279-e1579179360390.jpg

If this is real, then I think Xbox Series X has won in the looks department.

No effin way thats real. Somebody needs to be fired.

I talked to him a few days ago with my brother, Sony has been acting strangely for 2 years. I hope that it totally changes my feeling at the moment the PS5 is presented. But it seems they have forgotten what led them to victory with PS4. And in my house in 25 years only playstation consoles have entered.
Sounds like you might be suffering with a major case of Fanboyism. It's a deadly disease I'm afraid, no known cure. You have just 6 months to live.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
mm? input lag? You imply Xbox, Nintendo or a regular PC is worst than a playstation in this regard?
The Switch is my other primary system right now and the input lag tends to be worse. To give a specific example, I'll buy my shmups on PS4 if there's an option, even though I prefer Switch cartridges and the added portability feature. The exclusive stuff like the PsiKYO Collections on Switch I still buy, but the multiplatform stuff lik M2 ports, Psyvariar, Caladrius Blaze, Raiden V etc all have lower input lag on the PS4 version.

Sygma

Just be happy we got shit on pc, it has been so POOR this generation like fucking seriously. Mostly multiplatform games that ain't pushing shit in terms of tech for the utmost majority, everything else is f2p mobas and / live service / mmos, fuck this

bigol

I don't really think EVERY Ps5 exclusive will come to PC or even will come years later, but in case it would happen, who cares?
Some are really too attached to a box. In the end even if on PC, those will still be Sony games and Sony will still make money. If someone really is a Sony fan he should be happy more people will enjoy their great games.

Bryank75

Banned
It's ok everyone, I've had some fried chicken and Coke.... (breathes deeply)
It's not such a big deal, I can handle one more game going to PC (bottom lip trembles).
I just need to look at the bigger picture.

I'll wait for the big reveal till I decide to continue throwing this 'wobbly'!
I didn't mean to alarm anyone.

Hinedorf

Banned
And that’s why Sony des whatever the duck they want. People still follow them blindly.

Disagree with your assessment. Sony delivers the best games on the best gaming console. What makes it the best? THE GAMES.

Has Microsoft done anything but show pictures of new hardware with not a single great IP to tie to it?

Try this -Google: New games on PS5

Now try this - Google: New games for new Xbox

You know what the difference is? One is a company that does things logically even google can help with and one company continues to make confusing fucking decisions that should worry every single consumer. If you can't get the name right how in the hell do you plan to get the games back that Sony has a dominant market share of.

It's not blind loyalty it's called educated business decisions and whatever it is Microsoft is doing.

I said it before and I say it now. Jim Ryan is going to bring dark times to Playstation, the best way to get better is to get fired as quickly as possible.

They need to have their headquarters in Japan again and the company must be guided by a Japanese, that will improve the brand a lot.
Oh yes. All hail glorious nippongo with their panty waifu games. That is the direction we must go towards!

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Ehhh. pc is the biggest platform in europe.
I don't know the numbers (I'd be glad to read them if someone could provide a source?), but I was referring to the console space anyway. PS is in no real danger of losing its hegemony there unless it actually pulls out of the market completely, which isn't happening of course.

JLB

Banned
The Switch is my other primary system right now and the input lag tends to be worse. To give a specific example, I'll buy my shmups on PS4 if there's an option, even though I prefer Switch cartridges and the added portability feature. The exclusive stuff like the PsiKYO Collections on Switch I still buy, but the multiplatform stuff lik M2 ports, Psyvariar, Caladrius Blaze, Raiden V etc all have lower input lag on the PS4 version.

Ok yeah, I noticed the input lag on Switch as well.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
For me only thing I don't like about current Sony is they stopped giving me first party Japanese games and more focus on their first party western games, I hoping that changes with PS5.

As for not being on E3, like I said before in other thread I could care less about the show itself, what excite me is actual announcements so I don't care where Sony does it, they just have give me the news on the games I'm hyped for and exciting reveals.

Also Horizon going to PC frankly....
source.gif

FeiRR

Banned
It's a nice drama to see adolescents crying over last gen (soon) games coming to PC like it's an insult. How about being happy that more people can enjoy the quality of Sony's First Party?

Oh, I get it. It's personal. You made those games so you get to decide what to do with them.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
My only beef with PlayStation is the controller. I don't find it comfortable and I was hoping that the next generation of Dual Shock controllers would allow swapping of the left thumbstick and Dpad like on the expensive Astro controller but it doesn't appear that'll happen.
That being said I'm most excited to see what PSVR2 will be able to do with the new hardware.

Tomeru

Unless you made a deal with the devil for the soul of your unborn child, I done see how you can think this pc direction is bad. It will bring in alot more revenue, alot more fans, and allow Sonys' reach to go further. This is a win win situation.

Seriously, how can this be bad?

(It cant, so please dont armchair me with opinions about the companys' future).

Seems like they lose the track of what they are doing with the Horizon going PC.

Yeah all that potential $$$ sure made them careless.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
It's a nice drama to see adolescents crying over last gen (soon) games coming to PC like it's an insult. How about being happy that more people can enjoy the quality of Sony's First Party?

Oh, I get it. It's personal. You made those games so you get to decide what to do with them.
It's like Gorky say in Lower Depths 'Miserable being must find more miserable being... then is happy'

Dory16

Banned
Disagree with your assessment. Sony delivers the best games on the best gaming console. What makes it the best? THE GAMES.

Has Microsoft done anything but show pictures of new hardware with not a single great IP to tie to it?

Try this -Google: New games on PS5

Now try this - Google: New games for new Xbox

You know what the difference is? One is a company that does things logically even google can help with and one company continues to make confusing fucking decisions that should worry every single consumer. If you can't get the name right how in the hell do you plan to get the games back that Sony has a dominant market share of.

It's not blind loyalty it's called educated business decisions and whatever it is Microsoft is doing.
I thought Halo infinite was tied to the Series X and had actually been running. Is it a side effect of the console super soldier serum to make people mask the truth?

Bryank75

Banned
My only beef with PlayStation is the controller. I don't find it comfortable and I was hoping that the next generation of Dual Shock controllers would allow swapping of the left thumbstick and Dpad like on the expensive Astro controller but it doesn't appear that'll happen.
That being said I'm most excited to see what PSVR2 will be able to do with the new hardware.
There is a gadget that allows you use XBox pads including the elite on PS4.

Bryank75

Banned
Unless you made a deal with the devil for the soul of your unborn child, I done see how you can think this pc direction is bad. It will bring in alot more revenue, alot more fans, and allow Sonys' reach to go further. This is a win win situation.

Seriously, how can this be bad?

(It cant, so please dont armchair me with opinions about the companys' future).

Yeah all that potential $$$ sure made them careless.
I mean, as long as they are older titles and it is made clear that it is just to grow a franchise for a bigger reason.
There must be a majority of the exclusives that stay that way, it builds the personality of the platform and creates competition in the hardware industry.

If there are no consoles then we all have to buy our PC parts at premium cost due to no economies of scale and Nvidia and intel putting huge premiums on their hardware.

Hinedorf

Banned
I thought Halo infinite was tied to the Series X and had actually been running. Is it a side effect of the console super soldier serum to make people mask the truth?

Do you think there's any possibility come next Xmas that parents end up buying the older version of the Xbox on accident for their kids because there's no logical connection between Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox X1, and Xbox Series X?

Microsoft cannot even provide their customers with a logical enough name to make buying the product easy. If you can't get the simple details right, how are you going to handle the complicated ones?

Top Bottom