• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony have become incompetent

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
I mean it does expose the amount of Sony shills on here lol
Holy fuck does it ever! Lol. These same kats spent how many years yelling "Xbox has no exclusive games" because they put their games on PC. Now suddenly, its no big deal with Sony doing it. In fact, its smart! LMAO!

And then the ones fighting it tooth n nail when the writing has been on the wall is even more comedic.

Exposed indeed...

Neofire

Japan has recognized him as the best in the world, themselves. That is the highest honor that exists.

Sony is a Japanese company. They wanted the best, they went after the best. It’s really that simple.
I understood that from reading the article and I think I conveyed that in my first response. I'll state it again, in my opinion it it's weird to me.

And to correct you, the article says that "he maybe one of the best" in the world

Not that he is the best, now if you can find me something from his teacher saying such it will retract my statement but I doubt he's better then any Japanese born in that culture.

Anywho, Deep I got mad respect for ya man so no disrespect to your opinion , it's just my opinion at the end of the day.

Kinda interesting....the biggest sequel Sony can announce is easily Marvel Spider Man 2. If that happened a week ago, the immediate thought is PS5...now the conversation steer towards "when is it coming to PC?". I expect a lot of that during their games reveal. It almost undermines their console launch and their lack of communication isn't helping matters....,

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Kinda interesting....the biggest sequel Sony can announce is easily Marvel Spider Man 2. If that happened a week ago, the immediate thought is PS5...now the conversation steer towards "when is it coming to PC?". I expect a lot of that during their games reveal. It almost undermines their console launch and their lack of communication isn't helping matters....,
Finally, someone really understands...

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
this. its like that gaf meme of sony shooting themselves in the foot. absolutely hilarious. they have literally fallen for the anti-consumer complaints by fanboys on forums who said ps4 exclusives were anti consumer just last week.

its like they saw the exclusive strategy work to perfection this gen. 110 million sold in 6 years. and then thought to themselves, how can we fuck that up?

it happens every gen. with every console maker. wii u. xbox one. ps3. the wound is almost always self inflicted. its actually not a bad thing because after sony fucked up in the ps3 gen we got the best first party output from them both in terms of quantity and quality. they went out and invested in new up and coming stuidos like sucker punch, GG, evo and MM. same thing MS did this gen when they fucked up.

lets hope consumers dont reward sony this time around and we should see sony learn from their mistakes again.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
That assumes a bunch of console gamers are willing to jump ship to playing on a gaming PC.

personally I don’t think there’s that many who will jump ship and stay on PC.

Not only does it require someone flipping platforms but it would also require many people to buy or upgrade their PC because Sony games would likely require good specs to run well.

for every gamer that does bail, there’s many more existing PC gamers already a potential customer to fill the void.

it’s like Apple. For every hardcore Apple fan they pissed off going mainstream, Apple got back 10x the sales from a market of pc and gadget users they never went after in the 80s and 90s

Last edited:

quest

Not Banned from OT
this. its like that gaf meme of sony shooting themselves in the foot. absolutely hilarious. they have literally fallen for the anti-consumer complaints by fanboys on forums who said ps4 exclusives were anti consumer just last week.

its like they saw the exclusive strategy work to perfection this gen. 110 million sold in 6 years. and then thought to themselves, how can we fuck that up?

it happens every gen. with every console maker. wii u. xbox one. ps3. the wound is almost always self inflicted. its actually not a bad thing because after sony fucked up in the ps3 gen we got the best first party output from them both in terms of quantity and quality. they went out and invested in new up and coming stuidos like sucker punch, GG, evo and MM. same thing MS did this gen when they fucked up.

lets hope consumers dont reward sony this time around and we should see sony learn from their mistakes again.
The problem is there is no healthy competition to take advantage like last time. They as much as I like Spencer he is no Peter Moore who took full advantage of the last fuck up. MS is 2-3 years away as a lot of the studios purchased just produced games so it will be a while before they produce new ones.

Kingthrash

In the last 2 years, I have seen PlayStation allow great games to be reviewed before final patches, duck out of E3, let all of Quantic Dreams games go to PC along with funding Death Stranding and let that also go to PC.... now Horizon Zero Dawn is the latest to go to PC.

The direct type 'State of Plays' are boring and have zero personality and right now, it looks like they fired anyone that was liked by the community.

There are many credible rumors of PS5 coming in under the performance of Series X, the latest leaked design is hideous and looks incredibly cheap.

I have absolutly no confidence in the current direction that PlayStation is heading, if they continue to make their games multiplatform... I think many will just stop buying their hardware. I am certainly seriously considering this...

I wonder how many of the PlayStation owners on Gaf feel about the current direction?

Wait...sony dosent own quantic dream....they dont own kojima studios....and horizon coming to PC is a rumor and not confirmed by anyone at sony.
Worry when it's time to worry, dont let rumors and false information push your thoughts.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
To be fair, I don't really care if they release the games on PC.

Not that it would be any different than how it is now, but all this talk of the PC porting of PS exclusives only disappoints me in the manner that, it means the PS5 and PC will continue to be very similar. Generally...

If they were planning on introducing some feature unique to the PS5, or the PS5 controller we wouldn't be having this conversation.. That disappoints me a little. Because I think if Sony wants to keep rising, they have to introduce a game changing idea that impacts the software experience..

Niked

Everything that has happened since Jim Ryan took over. Play the video.

Eventhough Its a bit much mockery... Its a good summary how bad SIE has gotten and I havent even brought up the internal strugglers. I have been a playstation fan since ps1 and love the exclusive games.. This makes me very sad.. And worries me alot...

Niked

No, what’s garbage is having your online identity being wrapped around an inanimate object of silicon, and being grown ass men balding and grey hair, ever bit the warriors still.

It always comes back to the same people pushing the discord too, on all sides. Ambassadors of FUD and damage control. For swag and most of the time, free. 😂👌
The same can be said about almost everything anyone holds close to the heart. So what is your point? No point just try to downplay another humans deep interest in something

Niked

I get what you're arguing but wondering "when does this Sony PS5 game hit PC" still isn't the same as KNOWING the new Xbox game will be playable on PC.
Well that is the only thing that make any reason to own a playstation
When it is a fact that playstation exclusive will come to pc... Well fuck Sony. They shot themself in the foot and will lose up to 1/3 of the user base. Thats alot of hardware+software+accessory+dlc sales+movie rentals via psn+psn+-money down the toilet.

Also less hype and definetly less admiration on what the game can look on the system.

This is the main reason I have not bought a Xbox. I can play it on the pc... For free..

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
I get what you're arguing but wondering "when does this Sony PS5 game hit PC" still isn't the same as KNOWING the new Xbox game will be playable on PC.
It does enough to create doubt and undermine the strength of the platform IMO.
If they care about their true fans and the brand, they will clarify every detail and the policy going forward.

Niked

It does enough to create doubt and undermine the strength of the platform IMO.
If they care about their true fans and the brand, they will clarify every detail and the policy going forward.
Well you expect much with Jim Ryan in the charge of everything... We need Kaz Hairai to get SIE in order!

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
There is no superiority , all we get is '30fps' and 'thanks for beta testing it for us' etc.
If you think people like me will not change to PC, you have no idea. If this is the way, I'll just go fully PC. I was on PC from 1999 to 2006. Then Xbox 360, then PS3, then PS4.
I go where gaming is best. PlayStation 4 offered that but looks like the new management don't want to continue that.
Everyone doesn't have the money or knowledge to upgrade to a gaming PC, so yeah, I think most people will stick with traditional consoles. Also, once again, you're treating speculation, all of it, as fact without seeing the big picture. Your concern seems more like the disapproval of a fan, than actually considering the financial benefits that this could have for some of your favorite franchises.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah that's him, if he's a master at playing the flute why does it sound different from his teacher and others that play it and 8 can respect that the Japanese have accepted him but why not get who was born in the culture on top of having their lineage wrapped in this art? As a black man that would be like be representing Anglo-Saxon culture just because I've studied it for a few decades. Certain things can not be emulated imo.

If it were Anglo-Saxon dance or some Anglo-Saxon instrument, I see no reason why you couldn't represent it if you had mastered it...

Airbus Jr

Banned
These new guy Shawn Layden and Jim Ryan suck

Their decision to push ps game outside ps ecosystem will be the end of playstation

They just give us reason not to get buy the system

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Everyone doesn't have the money or knowledge to upgrade to a gaming PC, so yeah, I think most people will stick with traditional consoles. Also, once again, you're treating speculation, all of it, as fact without seeing the big picture. Your concern seems more like the disapproval of a fan, than actually considering the financial benefits that this could have for some of your favorite franchises.
"Fans" are generally your biggest and most engaged customers, assuming I know nothing about the economics of the situation would be a mistake and there seem to be a lot of fans deeply concerned or outright angry at the prospect of so many games going to PC consecutively. It looks too much like a deliberate trend. I don't believe in that many coincidences, forgive me if it seems cynical.

Kagey K

Banned
For The Players
For the first time in a long time I can agree they are finally doing something for the players.

Giving more people access to your games is “for the players.”

Next they need to stop buying up timed DLC.

meirl

Banned
For the first time in a long time I can agree they are finally doing something for the players.

Giving more people access to your games is “for the players.”
For The Players

Wow. So Microsoft was this whole gen „for the players“ by releasing their games on PC?

I thought MS was stupid and giving people here a reason NOT to by an Xbox, because their games are on PC? Lol

Kagey K

Banned
Wow. So Microsoft was this whole gen „for the players“ by releasing their games on PC?

I thought MS was stupid and giving people here a reason NOT to by an Xbox, because their games are on PC? Lol
It was probably not in Microsofts best interests to release the games on PC and especially not on Steam, but it was definitely a “for the players“ move.

Last edited:

Niked

It was probably not in Microsofts best interests to release the games on PC and especially not on Steam, but it was definitely a “for the players“ move.
Nah.. More push buy Xbox och Windows move ;)
Their interest is in Windows, xboxlive and Xbox-sales

Niked

So why release on Steam then? It eats their profits and doesn’t help them much in the end.
It helps them get people to use their time gaming on a pc that use 99% Windows = Windows sales and it hinders the competition from getting sales and gets less marketshare + software sales. What do you think? :) Its alot of win for MS? Its a software company and redmond is focused on Windows and services first?

GooseMan69

They have two landmark exclusive titles coming out this year, one of which will most likely sweep the GOTY awards (The Last of Us part II). I think they’re fine.

Silent Duck

After seeing the final leaked PS5 design, I’m sold.

nn0jucD.jpg

Kagey K

Banned
They have two landmark exclusive titles coming out this year, one of which will most likely sweep the GOTY awards (The Last of Us part II). I think they’re fine.

GOTY doesn’t equal sales as we saw this year. If anything it shows how disconnected consumers are from the games media as a whole.

Plus we haven’t seen anything from next gen yet, a launch title could easily come in a swoop out a bunch in the 11th hour (Not that it matters much)

GooseMan69

GOTY doesn’t equal sales as we saw this year. If anything it shows how disconnected consumers are from the games media as a whole.

Plus we haven’t seen anything from next gen yet, a launch title could easily come in a swoop out a bunch in the 11th hour (Not that it matters much)

The Last of Us sold over 20 million copies. Part II will be releasing to a full install base, and will likely get critical acclaim. I just can’t see it NOT being a massive success sales wise.

Kagey K

Banned
The Last of Us sold over 20 million copies. Part II will be releasing to a full install base, and will likely get critical acclaim. I just can’t see it NOT being a massive success sales wise.
I didn’t say it won’t sell, in fact it will sell most of its copies before GOTY award lists are even thought about.

Not sure how winning GOTY awards would impact it, but you alluded to it, not me.

Pallas

Exactly! If you own a PC, you can play everything MS releases day 1. Why is this so hard to understand lol. If Sony follows this route, then it's clear there would be no reason to own a console.

Unless you don’t want to game on a PC, shocker right?
I think your are being the tool here. Jim Ryan has been at Sony for decades and he’s the one who managed PS in Europe and made it a huge brand there. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out why he’s in charge of PS now.

Is that you Jim Ryan?

DanielsM

Banned
These same kats spent how many years yelling "Xbox has no exclusive games" because they put their games on PC.

I would just say Microsoft has no games and it doesn't really matter if they are on PC. (even if they have games, nobody buys shit from the MS Store anyway)

I could see Sony having issues if everything went to PC especially on day 1, if they had competition. As long as Sony doesn't drop the ball, not sure it matters much.

Last edited:

DanielsM

Banned
This is what I suspect gamepass is all about... It brings people in (with incentives at the moment).

At least its just a rental, but the problem with that is most of the major publishers/developers are going to avoid the Store as well. This is all a zero sum game.

The PC world left Microsoft behind 2 decades ago, Microsoft poured gas on the fire with Games for Windows Live and now the MS Store - publishers, developers and customers aren't coming back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom