• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Interactive Entertainment considering game company acquisitions

truth411

Studio doesn't even have a track record yet and Kojima would have already done it if he wanted.

Sony's going to buy the studio that ran away from them to MS because they wanted to steal their IP for themselves to publish the game?
Dude, it's Kojima. Nuff said.

And what in the world are you talking about in regards to insomniac? Sony have been in an excellent relationship with them since PS1 days.
The only reason their not a first party studio right now is because insomniac is on record of not wanting to be bought and remain independent.

dirthead

Banned
Lol, you truly twisted things. Were i insulted you or any in this thread? Anyway, time to put that ignore button in use.

You are laughable.

Yeah. Please put that ignore button to use. Anyway, it has nothing to do with "things I can't have." We're talking about LOSING things we already have.

Any time an independent game developer sells out to a walled garden owner, it's a LOSS for everyone other than that walled garden owner.

Last edited:
10. Crytek / AAA
This studio is only listed because of the CryEngine which is still used and could be licensed out by Sony to development studios that want to use it as well as acquiring their franchises such as Crysis. Would be a good alternative to develop a new Killzone game, Resistance game or Crysis 4 while at the same time, allowing Guerrilla/Insomniac to develop sequels to their previous PS4 titles and new IP's. Also adds the First Person Shooter genre back to Sony's catalog.

Crytek is and has been a studio in crisis for years. For all their technological wiz they are not a company who are able to capitalize on making good games. The Yuri brothers are trouble. The studio has been falling back on itself. They have been involved in incompetent lawsuits and malpractice for years. They have mismanaged funds, they have mislead publishers to support other studios. Crysis 2 and 3 were not good games. This is not a company with good creative direction, the IPs nor the engine are worth the hassle of trying to clean up a top-down corporate culture like that.

It would be a better idea to use that money and open up new studios in some of the cheaper EU countries like Croatia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Estonia and Latvia. Hire new talent from everywhere, and set up a supporting teams to help Guerilla and other Sony studios make games. Imagine how much new talent you could hire with some experienced leads by setting up shop in a city like Sofia, Talinn or Riga. You could source new young game development talent to these places and build some smaller games. I think thats a lot better than trying to fix all the problems of a company like Crytek.

Senhua

So, what are you doing here? Go there mate. Nobody is forcing you to stay. I make fun with Sony, Nintendo and Xbox. Just a little search in my post history and boom.
Why you get so sensitve?
Because I'm tired to enter almost every Sony related thread only to find the same narrative again and again.
One is have some issue with their moderating and political bullshit while other with uncontrollable Sony fanboyism. I guess I will take my time out with western gaming forum for a while then.

Last edited:

Fake

Because I'm tired to enter almost every Sony related thread only to find the same narrative again and again.
One is have some issue with their moderating and political bullshit while other with uncontrollable Sony fanboyism. I guess I will take my time out with western gaming forum for a while then.
Wow. Indeed. My advice: Take some time out of internet too. Will be good for your health mate. Take care yourself.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
I guess I will take my time out with western gaming forum for a while then.
Good luck discussing the merits of Xbox on an eastern gaming forum instead, I guess?
giphy.gif

Top Bottom