• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Is Planning To Release About 2-3 Vita Games Per Month

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I checked with a variety of people of varying perspectives, and given the context of the question, we all agreed that presumably first quality meant first party/published by Sony.

Also, presumably this includes downloadable games.

This is part of a very lengthy interview with Yoshida about the Vita in general.

VentureBeat said:
GamesBeat: How many games do you want to have by the end of the year, then?

Shu Yoshida: We’ve been saying over 100 games in development. From a first-quality standpoint, we have about five or six games at launch, day one, and following up with two or three monthly. A pretty healthy pace. We’re hoping that third parties will catch up on the number of titles as well. I’m very excited about what EA has done with FIFA at launch. It’s very beautiful, and the integration of touch to navigate the kicking. These experiments sound customized, but really, we have console-like quality in our third-party games.
Source: http://venturebeat.com/2012/02/13/s...tation-vita-will-thrive-in-the-u-s-interview/

Theonik

How does this tie in with Yoshida's comment about them releasing a large number of games in short intervals? how many games does Sony publish on the PS3 per month on average?
Either way the number sounds fine, so long as they can keep that pace.

Edit: Well if Wikipedia is right, and PSN games count I guess that brings the average for PS3 in 2011 to something close to 2 Sony published games a month.

Brannon

Starting the bargain bin glut early? Oh joy! I remember buying tons of games for systems I didn't have yet because they were so cheap, and this looks to repeat that same pattern.

I approve this move.

Yoona

Banned
Hoping for an Infamous that's actually good (like Infamous 2) and a GoW that's actually good (like GoW2 and GoS)

Outside of that, JRPGs plzzzzzzzz

Foffy

Banned
I hope some of them are interesting. All I want from Sony seems to be Gravity Rush. The other games I want for the Vita are remakes.

Trevelyan

Banned
Let's see...

In March there's Unit 13 and MLB 12, May will have Gravity Rush, so April for Sound Shapes and June for Warrior's Lair....and that's far as my crystal ball will let me see.

Yes, please.

V_Ben

Banned
If they can stick to it, that'd be a great way of keeping interest in the system going. Unit 13 is in March, no idea for April, Gravity in May... Hopefully they can keep it going.

Tron 2.0

I honestly didn't realize Sony had that many studios working in the handheld space.

Or is Sony-published titles, not necessarily Sony-developed?

Apath

I'd take one good game every three months over nine mediocre games in the same period. Let's hope they're actual quality titles and not padding to make the Vita's line up more attractive.

That explains the unnecessary delay for Gravity Rush.
Do we know when it's releasing?

Kyoufu

I'd take one good game every three months over nine mediocre games in the same period. Let's hope they're actual quality titles and not padding to make the Vita's line up more attractive.

Retailers have it at May 29. Not confirmed by Sony though.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Is there a list of upcoming games?

If they can stick to it, that'd be a great way of keeping interest in the system going. Unit 13 is in March, no idea for April, Gravity in May... Hopefully they can keep it going.

So, based on a quick google search, Sony's announced games are:

Launch Day:
-Uncharted: Golden Abyss
-Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
-Little Deviants
-ModNation Racers: Road Trip
-WipEout 2048
-Escape Plan (PSN Only)
-Hustle Kings (PSN Only)
-Super StarDust Delta (PSN Only)
-Motorstorm RC (PSN Only)

Launch "Window":
-Gravity Rush
-MLB 12 The Show
-Reality Fighters
-Unit 13

Other:
-LittleBigPlanet Vita
-Resistance: Burning Skies
-Warrior's Lair (Ruin)
-Killzone Vita
-Media Molecule's Game (Technically Unannounced)

Presumably, to keep this up, they will need to announce some more games sooner than later.

More games like Gravity Daze and Super Stardust Delta, less like Uncharted please.

This please, Unit 13 should never be developed, another stupid FPS trying to get CoD kids. Spend that money elsewhere.

May.

Presumably, to keep this up, they will need to announce some more games sooner than later.

I expect something to be announced at GDC, and then at E3, then TGS. By the end of the year Vita should have healthy library.

DiscoJer

The trouble is, if they are basically mostly PSN quality games, what is the real advantage over the iPod Touch? (Other than paying $15 for a game that would be $5 or less on iOS)

The Vita is supposed to be for high end games.

knitoe

Sounds more like PS1, PSP and PSN games which I don't really give a crap about. I never understand the love for backward compatibility or emulation. With new system, I want new games.

Massa

Sounds more like PS1, PSP and PSN games which I don't really give a crap about. I never understand the love for backward compatibility or emulation. With new system, I want new games.

In March they have two retail games coming out, in April there's Resistance and then in May Gravity Daze. Sound Shapes should fit in there as well, but you don't seem to like PSN games...

Corto

So Sony is the exact opposite of the focused Soni, that will develop less games and concentrate their marketing efforts in fewer games so to not to cannibalize its own target audience? It's nice to have a nice library available for a new device but with so many titles there will be many that will struggle to find an audience in a non-established growing platform.

Top Bottom