• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is teasing a game reveal on 4/19 "Will vengeance bring redemption?"

If it is Gow4 I think it'll be the last one from SSM. They've been working on this series for close to 10 years, I'm sure they want to try something different.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
man damn the haters...If SSM is behind a HS game, I hope they keep the same art direction.
I enjoyed my time with the game...it was BEAUTIFUL! true next gen experience imo. (Presentation wise)

It wasn't really good looking game back in the day, and it didn't aged well (go play it now it look like complete crap by today's standard).

Anyway,Santa Monica can make a better sequel since they actually good developer(unlike NT who can't even made decent combat system to save their lives),but Santa Monica "deserve" more than working on something Garbage Theory made which also bombed and have bad over it reputation, not only that but speaking sequel wise the story of the Heavenly Sword itself ended in a way that it don't need a sequel.

If Sony don't want Santa Monica to make something new at this point of PS3 cycle ( maybe it's better to save new IPs for PS4 ) then still there are many other action Sony IP that have better stories and characters than HS and can be good in SSM hands.

Afrikan

It wasn't really good looking game back in the day....

list me some games that looked better in 2007? Games that had as much effects going on, on screen.....I mean your list should be long..since you know...since it wasn't really a good looking game.

"wasn't really good looking game" GET FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THAT BS....just like folks who try to shit on GOW3 for having a bad texture on a rock next to a tree....

and as far as sub "20fps", it was still playable for me..I mean how many characters did it have on screen? one of the first games to have HDR on the PS3 when some said it was impossible?...and some folks act like all the great looking games this gen were 30fps locked or something.

and as far as keeping the same art direction....meant more so the art style...can't remember a GOW scene that looked similar to the pic I posted, mostly the series has been tailored to gritty settings.

I saw another picture for the same campaign: "Nothing Will Bring Them Back - 04-19-12"

Untitled-13.jpg

Guys, we have resumes out there that have listed God of War 4. It's pretty much confirmed at this point, no use speculating anything else.

It's not going to be Heavenly Sword 2, lol.

Thank God. Heavenly Sword was boring trash and it's sad that people are actually clamoring for a sequel to it.

I know, I know, when it first came out there weren't many good exclusive PS3 games and a lot of people felt like they had to praise it. There are plenty of excellent PS3 exclusives now. The system is fine. It's no longer necessary for anyone to pretend that Heavenly Sword is a good game anymore.

Top Bottom