• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is working on Remote Play function for PC/MAC.

Guymelef

BjcE1ZT.png

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/670077392761716736

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Hope it comes out soon and isn't something that's still a year away from release.

Ps2 emulation revealed through rep confirmation to press

Remote Play for PC announced via YOSP Twitter

Why even press conference /sarcasm

Damn, this would be nice, especially being able to use a full DS4 controller. Does the DS4 controller fully work with a PC and, or Mac (barring the trackpad of course, outside of using it as extra buttons)?

CHC

Fucking great. I would even love to see it be a native browser-based app so I could play it from a Chromebook or a mobile device. But then again maybe not since I'd never get anything done again.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Damn, this would be nice, especially being able to use a full DS4 controller. Does the DS4 controller fully work with a PC and, or Mac (barring the trackpad of course, outside of using it as extra buttons)?

Well, even the TouchPad works when you use one of the different xinput wrappers like ds4windows or input mapper.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I was wrong, what a great idea. They even talked about using PS on different devices IIRC when they announced their cloud based service Gaikai.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Great news, XB1 streaming to Windows10 is fantastic. Now my Macbook will be able to do PS4 too. Sweet.

LewieP

I bet they won't require Windows 10 either.

They really should be considering iOS and a general release of their Android app.

Boke1879

This is big. Hopefully they go all in. Yes it requires you to buy a PS4 and it's games but another option and screen to play those games on is amazing.

Also makes me wonder what they have for PSX

Grief.exe

I can see the appeal, but I would prefer it to go both directions.

1080p on a 1440p or 4K monitor is going to be pretty nasty.

Yes!

Now get it to work on iOS.

Can't wait to play on my rMBP

Can't wait to stream from my Sony Computer Entertainment PS4® to my Windows 10 PC.

Well this is potentially fantastic. I have an intel NUC plugged into my bedroom TV which I could run streaming on. Would beat using the Vita TV.

SeanR1221

Excellent News.
Hopefully the price will be right
I hope it'will be free

I'm sure it will be.

This is their next portable and it's a great idea. Why buy a separate device that plays ports or scaled down versions of games when you can play your actual games anywhere.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Sooo... I can stream PS4 games to my Macbook Pro, a la Steam? I'll take it. Just need to get a PS4.

Top Bottom