• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony isn't prepared for the fight this generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, no. Where did I say such a thing? But they won't be the only one with heavy hitters. That's a fact! Starfield will be a juggernaut in and of itself. Not to mention HB II, Avowed and host of others. You're missing the forest for the trees.

Microsoft already has the best ecosystem and the best game subscription on the market. They'll also have an insane amount of top tier devs after the bid goes through. Divy all that up, and you've got perfect storm, so to speak. Why do you think Sony is so worried now? Don't delude yourself and deflect from what's in front of you. Sony will have stuff competition in the coming months. It could very well change the status quo in the coming years.
Your right, Xbox has alot going for them but unfortunately one thing has been true about Xbox since the beginning of the Xbox one gen and that is they are great at getting in their own way.

The assumption is Avowed, Starfield and Redfall will be these amazing games and game pass will get loaded with tons of AAA games and if that happens your right, Xbox will present a real challenge for Sony this gen but as weird as it sounds I don’t think this will play out the way people think, I don’t really believe most of the games Xbox has will do well…. it’s hard to trust Xbox after all these years.

Recently when you look at what happened to Halo infinite and seeing these other games get constant delays, it’s hard to believe they will deliver but we will see, I hope I am wrong …..

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
PlayStation has all those boxes tick and more.
8IH34Nd.jpg

Is it me or a lot of people are sleeping on PlayStation streaming capabilities?
Xbox recently started diving into streaming and everyone acting like it's something new, when PlayStation been doing the same thing for years now.
Yeah. Until Sony can put first party ges day one on their service, its a middling effort. But, hey, no judgement
Your right, Xbox has alot going for them but unfortunately one thing has been true about Xbox since the beginning of the Xbox one gen and that is they are great at getting in their own way.

The assumption is Avowed, Starfield and Redfall will be these amazing games and game pass will get loaded with tons of AAA games and if that happens your right, Xbox will present a real challenge for Sony this gen but as weird as it sounds I don’t think this will play out the way people think, I don’t really believe most of the games Xbox has will do well…. it’s hard to trust Xbox after all these years.

Recently when you look at what happened to Halo infinite and seeing these other games get constant delays, it’s hard to believe they will deliver but we will see, I hope I am wrong …..
Those games are coming. No way Phil doesn't release them in the next couple of years. And clearly, they aren't wanting to rush anything and, the industry has changed due to covid. Delays arent exclusive to just Microsoft. Games are being delayed everywhere, including Sony's camp.

Yeah. Until Sony can put first party ges day one on their service, its a middling effort. But, hey, no judgement

Those games are coming. No way Phil doesn't release them in the next couple of years. And clearly, they aren't wanting to rush anything and, the industry has changed due to covid. Delays arent exclusive to just Microsoft. Games are being delayed everywhere, including Sony's camp.
Halo Infinite wasn’t rushed, it got a huge delay, and even then it ended up barely acceptable. There’s a huge gap in first party quality between MS and Sony and I don’t see it closing anytime soon. It just seems MS is really troubled delivering great games that everyone would like to play.

I mean Forza and Flight Simulator are both amazing looking games but most people will not even start up those games, and if they do they probably mostly quit playing them after a few hours.

Somehow Sonys games are just much more fun to play in general so it’s quite clear why they have a huge advantage in sales. Lets hope that MS will deliver with their new games which seemingly take forever to create, but I think most will turn out just like with Halo Infinite

yurinka

For every Starfield and Fable out there, Sony can match those with Naughty Dog's new IP or Cory Barlog's next game. Sony will absolutely be fine.
Yes, and you can add there Guerrilla, Insomniac, Sucker Punch, Polyphony or Bend.

Games like TLOU, Spider-Man, GoW or Horizon sold over 20M copies. Games like Uncharted 4, Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone or Gran Turismo 7 already are over 10M or on track to achieve them.

If Starfield really ends being a full exclusive and not a timed console exclusive I think that Starfield and Fable won't outsell these Sony games.

Last edited:
These new first party games on Xbox are gonna be a real experiment for the viability of big production AAA games on gamepass. If these games dont sell, say 10 million (arbitrary number I know) and theres no lasting bump in gamepass subs, then the writing will be on the wall.

Some people seem to think it's as simple as outspending Sony/Nintendo.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Halo Infinite wasn’t rushed, it got a huge delay, and even then it ended up barely acceptable. There’s a huge gap in first party quality between MS and Sony and I don’t see it closing anytime soon. It just seems MS is really troubled delivering great games that everyone would like to play.

I mean Forza and Flight Simulator are both amazing looking games but most people will not even start up those games, and if they do they probably mostly quit playing them after a few hours.

Somehow Sonys games are just much more fun to play in general so it’s quite clear why they have a huge advantage in sales. Lets hope that MS will deliver with their new games which seemingly take forever to create, but I think most will turn out just like with Halo Infinite
At the end of the day, Microsoft has turned the ship around, big time. They even made publisher of the year last year. They have over 20+ studios. 20 plus! They racked up an insane amount of awards with their games last year. This isn't the same Microsoft/Xbox. People seem to forget that.

You should honestly ask how many hours PPL have put in Halo Infinite.

It tends to be unhealthy amount. Sony doesn't make stuff like that.

For all it's shortcomings, Infinite is astonishing game, you will easily get 100 hrs out of it before calling quits.

It could've been better managed, without dragging name in mud. But that doesn't change at its core what type of game it is.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
If Halo is dying, Sony still doesn't have anything close to competing with it. That's why they were paying off devs for exclusive content and such in COD, Destiny, etc. What do you think will be easier? Building a marquee fps from scratch or reviving a dying Halo? Clearly the latter so Sony is still in trouble on the fps front, especially after they lose COD in a few years.

It's not the same landscape though. In the 360 days Game Pass or PS Now didn't exist. Now they do. Microsoft is going beyond Xbox. Sony is trying to do the same, but they are well behind on those fronts. Sony relies almost entirely on PS5 sales to generate revenue. Microsoft has diversified a lot better and can rely on other fronts rather than solely Xbox sales.
Halo is dying on the MP front but infinites single player has reinvigorated new life into the brand.
Infinite is like modern day halo1, the guns, the visuals, the enemies, encounter placement, physics, control, navigation, the sound etc are incredible.
And before someone inevitably shits on halos visuals.

John actually praised infinites visuals in the vast majority of his analysis.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.

For all it's shortcomings, Infinite is astonishing game, you will easily get 100 hrs out of it before calling quits.

It could've been better managed, without dragging name in mud. But that doesn't change at its core what type of game it is.
I have over 350 hours in Returnal from the campaign and the Tower and even more hours in many PlayStation games

For some reason people think SP games don't get replayed, like it's taboo or something but for movies it's widely accepted

Sosokrates

There is also this same pressure on sony.
People act like there games are perfect, but they really are not. Ragnarok is getting a lot of flak for being more of the same, the same with horizon.
No foubht Spiderman 2 will be a looker but its also not without its issues, however the brand help it out a lot. Final fantasy games are like corriander or olives u either hate em or u love them and forspoken looks pretty meh.

Sosokrates

I have over 350 hours in Returnal from the campaign and the Tower and even more hours in many PlayStation games

For some reason people think SP games don't get replayed, like it's taboo or something but for movies it's widely accepted
Have u played infinite, I actually think its gameplay and returnals are a bit similar, they are both fast paced with lots of enemies come from different angles and have loads of particle effects.

Banjo64

cumsessed
PlayStation has all those boxes tick and more.
8IH34Nd.jpg

Is it me or a lot of people are sleeping on PlayStation streaming capabilities?
Xbox recently started diving into streaming and everyone acting like it's something new, when PlayStation been doing the same thing for years now.
Can I stream my PS Plus Extra games without having to have my PS5 switched on like I can with Game Pass Ultimate?

I thought the console had to be switched on.

Banjo64

cumsessed

Wish I had that time brother. A 70 hour game these days is hideously daunting for me. Only games I can sink hundreds of hours in to is pick up and play multiplayer games.

Have u played infinite, I actually think its gameplay and returnals are a bit similar, they are both fast paced with lots of enemies come from different angles and have loads of particle effects.
Michael Jordan Lol GIF

At the end of the day, Microsoft has turned the ship around, big time. They even made publisher of the year last year. They have over 20+ studios. 20 plus! They racked up an insane amount of awards with their games last year. This isn't the same Microsoft/Xbox. People seem to forget that.

Why do people keep parroting this "publisher of the year" schtick as if it's an official thing?

Microsoft has not turned the ship around. They have bought a lot of studios. There's a big difference there.

Aenima

Can I stream my PS Plus Extra games without having to have my PS5 switched on like I can with Game Pass Ultimate?

I thought the console had to be switched on.
Yes. If you have Premium you can stream the games available for streaming using your PSN account. You only need to leave the PS5 on to stream using Remote Play, and for that u dont need any subscription.

Thats something Sony been doing since they came out with the PS Now.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Yes. If you have Premium you can stream the games available for streaming using your PSN account. You only need to leave the PS5 on to stream using Remote Play, and for that u dont need any subscription.

Thats something Sony been doing since they came out with the PS Now.
Wow. Learn something new everyday. Thanks

Romulus

Sony's weakest generation yet. I really, really dislike their cinematic action adventure games, and that's all they have. And Ratchet and Clank obviously, but that's a PS2 game with better graphics. Give a chimp a golden ring, it stays an ape.

I still think it'll be a really solid generation for them overall. I'll probably enjoy their VR games more than their best offerings on Xbox, but thats besides the point.

Sosokrates

Sony's weakest generation yet. I really, really dislike their cinematic action adventure games, and that's all they have. And Ratchet and Clank obviously, but that's a PS2 game with better graphics. Give a chimp a golden ring, it stays an ape.
Im interesting to see if there premiere studios innovate in a big way, or evole what they have already done.

Take Spiderman for example. While better visuals is welcome, I hope they improve NPC realism and make the city not just a bunch of fake buildings that you cant go inside.

I hope naughty dog implement more gameplay which is not combat.

Last edited:

BlackTron

I mean there IS something really fundamental about them that is like, the same.

Kind of like Duck Hunt and Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

MikeM

There is also this same pressure on sony.
People act like there games are perfect, but they really are not. Ragnarok is getting a lot of flak for being more of the same, the same with horizon.
No foubht Spiderman 2 will be a looker but its also not without its issues, however the brand help it out a lot. Final fantasy games are like corriander or olives u either hate em or u love them and forspoken looks pretty meh.
Ragnarok isn’t out yet. We have seen maybe two minutes of gameplay?

Sosokrates

Ragnarok isn’t out yet. We have seen maybe two minutes of gameplay?
Hey, I dont control what people think..

But regardless of how much we have seen of Ragnarok, my point was that sony has the same pressures as MS when it comes to exclusives. Just because there games may get a few more opencritic points does not mean they arent without fault.

People love to run with the narritive that sony first party is almost perfect. It aint. It really isn't. The only devs they have that are really put out killer apps above the competition is Naughty dog and perhaps SSM, but these games come out every 4 to 5yrs.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

I mean there IS something really fundamental about them that is like, the same.

Kind of like Duck Hunt and Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Apart from your case they are loke 4 gens apart....

While obviously infinite and returnal have a number of differences, I cant see how they dont appeal to the same gamer.

People who say they enjoy returnal but hate infinite are disingenuous as fuck. I mean you do basically the same stuff, fast evasion and shooting....they are both shooters.

People may prefer one story over the other but to like one and say the other is shit makes no sense.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I envision a future for Sony where they show up to a PS Showcase with:

- Motorstorm. Now boasting 2005 CG quality visuals. Aweinspiring destruction and mayhem. Crowd goes nuts.
- KZ reboot. Once again, 2005 CG quality visuals and setpieces.
- Death Stranding 2. Kojima's masterpiece.
- SSM's new IP. Cory's masterpiece.
- ND's Game of Thrones inspired medieval fantasy game. Motion matching melee combat with dragons.
- Next gen Spiderman with CG quality visuals, destruction and world simulation.
- Next gen Wolverine with CG quality visuals. Brand new next gen combat system.
- Next gen Bungie IP.

Thats all they need to prepare. MS is going to have Starfield, Forza and Redfall next year. Spiderman, FF7, FF16 and Forsaken can compete with that. It's what comes after when they have to compete with CoD, Doom, Perfect Dark, Fable, Avowed, Hellblade, Elder Scrolls, Fallout and Prey that sony needs to prepare for. And those games listed above get them there.

The first two are joke entries, but its shocking to me that they are lacking a good arcade racer, and have done fuck all about it while watching FH become the best series in Xbox's 1st party portfolio. But Sony has the talent to do the rest. They just need to get their shit together, cut the chord on last gen, and show the fuck up at press conferences. This quiet big dick energy has turned into we're scared and going to hide until the storm passes energy. I cant believe Sony passed on E3 after MS acquired CoD. That is when you go all out and say THIS is what we got.

But maybe those games werent ready to be shown 3 months ago, but now? 8 months have passed since the activision news and if they dont show up with a showcase in the next couple of weeks, if you cant create next gen demos in 8 months, if you cant pull a matrix like Epic did in just 8 months with a mere 80 devs then im beginning to believe that they simply arent prepared because Jimbo was too busy trying to maximize profits instead of giving people a reason not to switch.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

I envision a future for Sony where they show up to a PS Showcase with:

- Motorstorm. Now boasting 2005 CG quality visuals. Aweinspiring destruction and mayhem. Crowd goes nuts.
- KZ reboot. Once again, 2005 CG quality visuals and setpieces.
- Death Stranding 2. Kojima's masterpiece.
- SSM's new IP. Cory's masterpiece.
- ND's Game of Thrones inspired medieval fantasy game. Motion matching melee combat with dragons.
- Next gen Spiderman with CG quality visuals, destruction and world simulation.
- Next gen Wolverine with CG quality visuals. Brand new next gen combat system.
- Next gen Bungie IP.

Thats all they need to prepare. MS is going to have Starfield, Forza and Redfall next year. Spiderman, FF7, FF16 and Forsaken can compete with that. It's what comes after when they have to compete with CoD, Doom, Perfect Dark, Fable, Avowed, Hellblade, Elder Scrolls, Fallout and Prey that sony needs to prepare for. And those games listed above get them there.

The first two are joke entries, but its shocking to me that they are lacking a good arcade racer, and have done fuck all about it while watching FH become the best series in Xbox's 1st party portfolio. But Sony has the talent to do the rest. They just need to get their shit together, cut the chord on last gen, and show the fuck up at press conferences. This quiet big dick energy has turned into we're scared and going to hide until the storm passes energy. I cant believe Sony passed on E3 after MS acquired CoD. That is when you go all out and say THIS is what we got.

But maybe those games werent ready to be shown 3 months ago, but now? 8 months have passed since the activision news and if they dont show up with a showcase in the next couple of weeks, if you cant create next gen demos in 8 months, if you cant pull a matrix like Epic did in just 8 months with a mere 80 devs then im beginning to believe that they simply arent prepared because Jimbo was too busy trying to maximize profits instead of giving people a reason not to switch.
2023,2024 and 2025 may be difficult for Sony on the first party front. Because most of there main Devs will be in the middle of there Dev cycles. These years is when many ms studios will be at the end of there Dev cycles so it will be those years where Xbox is king of the I'll on terms of games. It's ebbs and flows happens nearly every gen.

bitbydeath

2023,2024 and 2025 may be difficult for Sony on the first party front. Because most of there main Devs will be in the middle of there Dev cycles. These years is when many ms studios will be at the end of there Dev cycles so it will be those years where Xbox is king of the I'll on terms of games. It's ebbs and flows happens nearly every gen.
Sony’s built most of their studio’s up to all work on multiple projects at the same time, learning from the masters at Insomniac. They won’t have any slow points this gen.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yh. Definitely a possibility but one I’m hoping for their sake we don’t encounter. I think punting this year with one cross gen game after another is going to bite them in the ass because the cod player who wanted to play gt7, hfw and gow would simply hold on to his ps4 and purchase the xsx instead. Had gow been a true OMG this is next Gen as fuck exclusive, that player would have to think twice about picking up an Xbox for cod or starfield.

That said, i think Sony simply showing us the future of next Gen this year would go a long way towards putting doubt in the mind of the cod player. Ms didn’t do a great job showing the future being 2023, so the Sony showcase has been gifted a lifeline to go out and top starfield and hellblade before ms begins to reveal perfect dark, fable, gears etc next year.

P.s if there is no showcase this year then you are probably right on the money about Sony being in the early stages of dev this year and mid stages in 2024-2025. That’s why this years September showcase is so important.

Sosokrates

Sony’s built most of their studio’s up to all work on multiple projects at the same time, learning from the masters at Insomniac. They won’t have any slow points this gen.
Even still there is going to be some lean years. They will probably supplement with moneyhats.
But Xbox and Sony's studios are not development aligned, they will both have stronger years and weaker years, also Xbox has more studios.
People say, ”but Xbox are taking ages releasing games”, not really if you look at there studios there is nothing unusual about there studios development times.

Judging by the Dev cycles of there last game this is where I have Xbox

Turn10: 2023
Bethesda: 2023
Arcane Austin:2023
Compulsion games: 2023

Ninja theory: 2023/24
Rare: 2024
The coalition: 2024
In exile:2024
Obsidian: 2024
Undead labs: 2024
Playground games fable team: 2024
Roundhouse studios: 2024
Playground horizon team: 2024/25

The initiative: 2025
Double fine:2025
Arcane Lyon: 2025
Machine games: 2025
Obsidian team 2: 2025
iD: 2024/25
Tango gameworks: 2025/26

Sony

Firesprite: 2023 (VR)
Naughty dog: 2023
Insomniac: 2023
Team asobi: 2023/24
London studio: 2023(VR)

Sony 3rd party deals for 2023
forspoken
FF game 1
FF game 2

Bluepoint: 2024
Haven studios 2024
Insomniac team 2: 2024/25
Pixelopus: 2024/25

Bend: 2025
Housemarque:2025
Media molecule:2025
Sucker punch: 2025/26

That's going to be tough for Sony to match, they will have to buy more studios or more 3rd party deals for similar output.

Last edited:

Soosa

Banned
Apart from your case they are loke 4 gens apart....

While obviously infinite and returnal have a number of differences, I cant see how they dont appeal to the same gamer.

People who say they enjoy returnal but hate infinite are disingenuous as fuck. I mean you do basically the same stuff, fast evasion and shooting....they are both shooters.

People may prefer one story over the other but to like one and say the other is shit makes no sense.

That is like saying Breath of the wild and elden ring are basically the same stuff, adventure and swing weapons.

Halo is basic first person shooter + open world
Returnal is rogue like shooter + more linear world

They are really different type of games, even when both have evasions and shooting.

Have you even played them? Returnal is mercyless as hell and it should be easy to understand that some people like it, but dont like halo, or the other way around

I sold my Returnal, because it is just too difficult and unfair to me.

But it is not okay to say that I would rather play infinite, than returnal?

To be fair, I havent played halo much either, but still I would think I enjoyed it more and they are completely different kind of games

Sosokrates

That is like saying Breath of the wild and elden ring are basically the same stuff, adventure and swing weapons.

Halo is basic first person shooter + open world
Returnal is rogue like shooter + more linear world

They are really different type of games, even when both have evasions and shooting.

Have you even played them? Returnal is mercyless as hell and it should be easy to understand that some people like it, but dont like halo, or the other way around

I sold my Returnal, because it is just too difficult and unfair to me.

But it is not okay to say that I would rather play infinite, than returnal?

To be fair, I havent played halo much either, but still I would think I enjoyed it more and they are completely different kind of games

Yes they are different, in the layout, objectives and structure, but the core combat is similar, I mean they require lots of movement.

I mean you have the same feeling when you both play them, you are fighting and moving about for your dear life and the enemies in both games are not your average drones.

I guess difficulty could put people off returnal, I was more talking about fans of returnal thinking infinite was shit, it just surprises me this would be the case because when I play them I get quite similar feelings. The two games make me feel similar.

bitbydeath

Even still there is going to be some lean years. They will probably supplement with moneyhats.
But Xbox and Sony's studios are not development aligned, they will both have stronger years and weaker years, also Xbox has more studios.
People say, ”but Xbox are taking ages releasing games”, not really if you look at there studios there is nothing unusual about there studios development times.

Sony

forspoken
FF game 1
FF game 2

Haven studios 2024

That's going to be tough for Sony to match, they will have to buy more studios or more 3rd party deals for similar output.
Different strategies at play, Sony’s built up their studio’s to deploy games faster and more often, while MS is keeping the 4-5 year dev time per studio, and instead buying more studio’s to try and fill the gap.

We know most of Sony’s studios are working on multiple projects at once, they appear to be aiming for the gold standard set by Insomniac, whereby they each release a new game every 1-2 years.

Different strategies at play, Sony’s built up their studio’s to deploy games faster and more often, while MS is keeping the 4-5 year dev time per studio, and instead buying more studio’s to try and fill the gap.

We know most of Sony’s studios are working on multiple projects at once, they appear to be aiming for the gold standard set by Insomniac, whereby they each release a new game every 1-2 years.

Yeah, sony is expanding all their studios massively and getting more support studios. Any one thinking they are gonna have empty years like microsoft had this year or years prior haven’t been paying attention.

https://www.ign.com/articles/sony-t...irst-party-studios-and-third-party-exclusives

Sony will 'aggressively invest' in its first-party studios in the next year, as well as creating more partnerships with third-party studios – and it's throwing a lot of money behind the plan.

Speaking during today's Sony earnings call, Sony CFO Hiroki Totoki explained that the company wants to enhance its exclusive offerings, and will do so in two ways: "We intend to continue investing in partnering with external studios, in addition to aggressively investing in our in-house studios.”

In terms of Sony's own PlayStation Studios group, Totoki made clear that it would be hugely increasing the amount of money given to first-party developers, on top of what it already spends. “We plan to increase development personnel and other costs in our in-house studios by approximately [$183 million USD] year-on-year, as we further strengthen our in-house [software],” the CFO revealed.

This lines up with comments from Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO Jim Ryan, who recently pledged that the PS5 would see more exclusives than any previous PlayStation generation.
https://www.ign.com/articles/playstation-boss-says-ps5-generation-will-have-more-exclusives

Last edited:

Sosokrates

So where do u think my predictions are wrong?
The strategies ain't different Microsoft just have more developers.
I've included Sony's investments in new Devs, and even with Sony investing in more support studios they are not going to be making forbidden west and TLOU2 sequals in less then 3yrs.

Last edited:

I got about 3 hours out of it and it bored me to death. Then again, I don’t play the multiplayer component but a lot of people do/don’t. The time you can spend on multiplayer is much higher of course but it doesn’t make it a better game.

Lognor

Banned

I'm confused. Wouldn't you want the 4-5 year dev time opposed to the 1-2 years? Insomniac is the outlier. Every other dev is in that other group. That is what it takes to make a great game. Even the tlou REMAKE took more than 2 years from "naughty gods" and that was JUST a remake. Don't expect top tier devs to make goty contenders with a 1-2 year dev cycle.

Lets see about what you say. That’s what I meant to say, sure ms has a lot of studios now, but we didn’t see the games yet. Also, like I said, sure they’re publisher of the year, but the games they release don’t have the staying power/fun feeling of the competition. Eg, I can say flight simulator is amazing, so yes of course it gets great reviews, but it’s a game not many people play and a lot of people just try for an hour before being bored to death. Not saying the game is not good, it’s just not in most peoples alley

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Yeah, sony is expanding all their studios massively and getting more support studios. Any one thinking they are gonna have empty years like microsoft had this year or years prior haven’t been paying attention.

https://www.ign.com/articles/sony-t...irst-party-studios-and-third-party-exclusives

https://www.ign.com/articles/playstation-boss-says-ps5-generation-will-have-more-exclusives
This along with their usual 3rd party exclusives will have us eating very good on PS5

robert downey jr eating GIF

I'm confused. Wouldn't you want the 4-5 year dev time opposed to the 1-2 years? Insomniac is the outlier. Every other dev is in that other group. That is what it takes to make a great game. Even the tlou REMAKE took more than 2 years from "naughty gods" and that was JUST a remake. Don't expect top tier devs to make goty contenders with a 1-2 year dev cycle.

They won’t severely cut down dev time they are expanding to work on multiple projects at once, which is something Naughty Dog said they were never able to do before.

https://bossrush.net/2022/01/07/nau...-projects-in-production-for-both-ps4-and-ps5/

Last edited:

Sony

forspoken
FF game 1
FF game 2

Haven studios 2024

Your list is heavily flawed but even if we take your list, quantity is not the same as quality. On ms side you know 3 or 4 of the games will probably be great quality and the rest remains to be seen. On Sonys side you know that all of the games will be of great quality. Maybe the individual games are not for everyone but the quality will be there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom