• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Land over? 360 #1 console in the UK

Cubsfan23

Banned
Here you go. From Chart Track.

DS Lite- 34,938
X360- 25,832
PS2- 20,322
NDS- 19,703
PSP- 19,033
GBA SP- 3932
XBOX- 1841
GBA Micro- 1382
Gamecube- 91
Playstation- 16
GBA- 7
Nokia N-Gage QD- 5

I believe Gears was #1 when it was released, as well.

«þ»

:lol :lol :lol Gamecube.

But seriously, so what? X360 had a massive new game, of course it would outsell a 6 year old console that has its successor coming out in just 3 months.

Real story is how Nintendo is selling more units than everyone else... especially how well the DS/DSlite are going (DSphat still selling 20,000 a week!).

Playstation 2 has amazing legs

Higher than expected PSP numbers.

360 finally some positive press when it comes to Europe.

With all the hopla about DS, i expected MUCH better.

«þ»

Cactus Jack said:
Playstation 2 has amazing legs

Higher than expected PSP numbers.

360 finally some positive press when it comes to Europe.

With all the hopla about DS, i expected MUCH better.

Maybe you're forgetting that the DS original is still on that list with 20,000, plus the DSlites 35,000.

Cubsfan23 said:

Any link to the source? Good UK data is hard to come by.

I'm seeing reports that the 360 is up to 700k in the UK, but that would take a monumental leap over what it was during the summer. And I'm actually seeing other conflicting numbers being bandied about as well.

argon said:
It's selling more per week in the UK than the PSP sells per week in the US.

PSP sold 90k~ Thanksgiving week (or week prior) in US according to the press release Sony recently released.

Thats more than 56k if im not mistaken.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
what a ****ing misleading title. i see a DSL there right above the 360. PLUS the DS original.

RaijinFY

sonycowboy said:
Any link to the source? Good UK data is hard to come by.

I'm seeing reports that the 360 is up to 700k in the UK, but that would take a monumental leap over what it was during the summer. And I'm actually seeing other conflicting numbers being bandied about as well.

What are those numbers?

thekad

Banned
Cactus Jack said:
PSP sold 90k~ Thanksgiving week (or week prior) in US according to the press release Sony recently released.

I think you're forgetting the fact that DSPhat is still outselling the PSP in the UK...

Angelcurio

I must be blind, since i see the DS Lite in the top of the chart, instead of the 360.

Misleading thread titles ftl.

Master Z

Cubsfan23 said:
Since when do handhelds count on this board?

Your thread title says "360 #1 seller in the UK". You fail to specify it's the #1 selling console, not overall. And on top of that the margin between the 360 and PS2 sales is so close that the "Sony Land over?" part is just, well stupid. Seriously, I expected to see huge 360 sales with a thread title like that, WTF man?

hadareud

The Translator
if these numbers are correct (and I am really not sure they are) things are looking up for the 360 here. 25k a week in the UK alone would be really good.

Good for the 360. But it'd be better to show it when it didn't have Gears coming out. If they can sell that many in February than they could be number one here. I wouldn't rule out Wii though, at least until PS3 comes out.

Jammy

Banned
Is there a region where the DS hasn't turned it up a shitton in the past year? This thing is gold right now.

skybaby

Fio Maravilha said:
sorry but

WTF :lol

Maybe the 'sony land am over' claim would be valid if the 360 and PS2 had been out for the same amount of time, but considering there's a gap of several years between the two consoles releases for anyone to imply that these sales mean anything in terms of a change in market dominance is absurd.

hadareud

The Translator
Fio Maravilha said:

chart track only publishes numbers to subscribers, so there won't be a link to a real source.

could be real, could be made up. Only a subscriber could confirm.

edit: at least I believe so. But I never saw chart track numbers published anywhere.

Chibbi Brady said:
19,000 for the original DS? Seems a bit fishy, thought they stopped making them long ago.

The only way you could get a pink or light blue DS in the UK up until recently (when a Pink DSL came out) was to buy the original DS.

And kids just love those colours. The Nintendogs bundles are constantly on stores, even with the DSL around.

Fio

skybaby said:
sorry but

WTF :lol

It's a CD cover from a brazilian singer (Jorge Ben, the freak on the pic) that includes the music "Fio Maravilha".

Listen the music here and prepare yourself to FEEL THE POWER! :D

@ hadareud

Thanks for the info.

Cactus Jack said:

Wow, inordinately high sales during Thanksgiving week? Uncanny!

Dragmire

OMG DS Fat outsold PSP. DS Fat. It's DS ****ing Fat. There's a better version for the same price. Just OMG. [/valley girl]

Really, to put things in perspective PSP is actually doing better vs competition in Uk than in JP or US

JP it got outsold about 6.5:1 last week, last month PSP got outsold like 4:1 in the US, and in UK its under 3:1

Thats including GBA. So it appears to me Europe is Sony strongest region handheld wise. No surprise really.

Brashnir

davepoobond said:
then he should have said "console seller" not an ambiguous "#1 seller"

He's a Cubs fan. As far as he's concerned, finishing second is the same as winning, since the Cubs can't accomplish either.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Cactus Jack said:
Really, to put things in perspective PSP is actually doing better vs competition in Uk than in JP or US

JP it got outsold about 6.5:1 last week, last month PSP got outsold like 4:1 in the US, and in UK its under 3:1

Thats including GBA. So it appears to me Europe is Sony strongest region handheld wise. No surprise really.

comicalalivr9.jpg

skybaby

Fio Maravilha said:
It's a CD cover from a brazilian singer (Jorge Ben, the freak on the pic) that includes the music "Fio Maravilha".
I know! It's just that GAF was the last place I'd expect to see that :D

Top Bottom