• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Land over? 360 #1 console in the UK

Striek

ziran said:
wtf are you talking about? you're continually negative about nintendo, and troll on many occasions, check your post history if you've forgotten.
I'm sure you feel that way, and I'm sure its founded on a little fact but more than a lot fiction. But please, point out my trolling and spell out my objective in this thread that you were compelled to respond to and called me out on.

hadareud

The Translator
edit: nm

not too bad. 360 outselling the PS2 year to date so far is quite surprising. The gap should widen with christmas I suppose.

Striek

How do you feel about that 700k X360 number in the UK, sonycowboy? I'm inclined to believe chart-track on this matter, perhaps at odds with your dire EU heralds (then again, perhaps not).

ziran

Striek said:
I'm sure you feel that way, and I'm sure its founded on a little fact but more than a lot fiction. But please, point out my trolling and spell out my objective in this thread that you were compelled to respond to and called me out on.
i think i've made my feelings about your posting in this thread clear enough ;)

you don't like nintendo, fair enough.

Shiggy

I thought Sony said that X360 sells 25000 per week in Europe as a whole? (compared to more than 100000 PS2 consoles)

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Wow how did that happen. GEARS of war???

5k is not too much but still a great accomplishment by the MS folks.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
open_mouth_ said:
North America domination... check.

European domination... check.

Japan is next for Xbox 360, look out!

;)
Less than 5m sales worldwide in a year and in the absence of competitions is totally domination. :lol Now come back to Team Xbox forum.

Striek

ziran said:
i think i've made my feelings about your posting in this thread clear enough ;)

you don't like nintendo, fair enough.
I didn't ask for your feelings, and don't pretend to know mine. I don't care one way or the other for Nintendo, MS or Sony. I obviously like some of their products more than others, and the reasons are as rational as any. My posts if not always level-headed and mild-mannered are always satirical, sarcastic or sanguine. Your disposition towards the target may muddle your ability to discern on occasion. No matter.

And for what its worth, I set you a task that you could've only managed poorly and ineptly, so I feel you gave the best answer under the circumstances (that is, none). Kudos and goodnight, ziran.

Rancid Mildew said:
Japan market leader: Xbox 360.*
Japan momentum leader: Xbox 360.*

It seems rather clear-cut to me. Facts are facts are facts.

Wii doesn't exist until media-create says it exists

Dalthien

sonycowboy said:
fake confirmed :(
Why do you say that? Is that just an opinion, or do you have some reason to back it up?

I'm just wondering because the year-to-date numbers seem to match up quite well with the reports which we've received thus far. These year-to-date numbers put the X360 close to the 700,000 LTD total which was reported, they put the DS right about the 2 million LTD total which was just recently reported, and they also put total Nintendo hardware just slightly ahead of Sony hardware for the year, which was also just recently reported as having occurred recently, and the weekly numbers seem to show the DS outselling the PSP roughly 2.5:1 which was also just recently reported.

I have no idea whether or not these numbers are real, but they do seem to match up quite well with all of the actual official UK reports which have just come out recently.

ilbambino

Really hard to believe those numbers considering PGR3 got down some positions the week Gears was released. Keep in mind the game is bundled with the system over there.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
starship said:
Less than 5m sales worldwide in a year and in the absence of competitions is totally domination. :lol Now come back to Team Xbox forum.

:lol :lol don't you mean 10 million worldwide by the end of '06?

10 mil 360's vs. 2 mil wii's vs. 1 mil ps3's... not bad if they hit their targets, especially for publishers who will be swimming in the $$$ scrooge mcduck style :D

Shiggy

open_mouth_ said:

10 mil 360's vs. 2 mil wii's vs. 1 mil ps3's... not bad if they hit their targets, especially for publishers who will be swimming in the $$$ scrooge mcduck style :D

Well, there were only 5 - 5.5 million X360s sold through until the end of October...
But you might want to add about 2-3 million for the rest of the year ;)

Elios83

NinSoX said:
Selective reading? He also wrote this: "... not bad if they hit their targets"

And how should they reach their targets with Xbox360 at 2,9 million units sold at the end of October, being dead in Japan and european sales much weaker than american's?With magic?

Sean*O

The market is definately turning, only how much is in question.

I fully expect X360 sales to accellerate in light of the PS3 launch. Many were playing the waiting game to get market feedback for the actual product, and now that that has come and gone, I have a feeling the 360 will see much healthier sales.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Elios83 said:
And how should they reach their targets with Xbox360 at 2,9 million units sold at the end of October, being dead in Japan and european sales much weaker than american's?With magic?

ask Microsoft on Jan 1st, 2007 how they met their 10 million "shipped" targets and maybe they'll tell you that they had an uptick in japan because of blue dragon & doax2 and an uptick in europe because of no ps3 and strong marketing and an uptick in north america because of gears and shortages from the competition. and maybe they'll tell you that they've shipped tens of thousands of units to countries that aren't normally counted by GAF as well :D

we'll see...

NinSoX

Banned
Elios83 said:

Why is this question directed to me? When did I say they would sell 10 Million?

You wish Xbox360 only sold 2.9 Million by the end of October. It is quite obvious you feel threatened that 360 -could- sell more than expected by fanboys.

Sean*O

Looks like someone's not keeping up on current events

Elios83

NinSoX said:
Why is this question directed to me? When did I say they would sell 10 Million?

You wish Xbox360 only sold 2.9 Million by the end of October. It is quite obvious you feel threatened that 360 -could- sell more than expected by fanboys.

LOL NPD numbers= my wish? :lol :lol :lol

ziran

Dalthien said:
Why do you say that? Is that just an opinion, or do you have some reason to back it up?

I'm just wondering because the year-to-date numbers seem to match up quite well with the reports which we've received thus far. These year-to-date numbers put the X360 close to the 700,000 LTD total which was reported, they put the DS right about the 2 million LTD total which was just recently reported, and they also put total Nintendo hardware just slightly ahead of Sony hardware for the year, which was also just recently reported as having occurred recently, and the weekly numbers seem to show the DS outselling the PSP roughly 2.5:1 which was also just recently reported.

I have no idea whether or not these numbers are real, but they do seem to match up quite well with all of the actual official UK reports which have just come out recently.
Rocked said:
Those numbers aren't fake. They add up perfectly with Eurogamer's article:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=70500
yeah, that's something i don't understand. if these figures are fake, someone's taken some trouble to get them something near to what they must be.

we know so far for 2006 in the uk:
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=70500
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=21402

ds has been recently outselling psp by ~2.5:1:
DS Lite 34,938 + NDS 19,703 = 56,461/PSP 19,033 = 2.8:1

nintendo has sold the most hw:
DS Lite 507,963 + NDS 533,248 + GBA SP 112,431 + GBA Micro 39,395 + Gamecube 9,355 + GBA 474 = 1,202,866
PS2 502,796 + PSP 435,993 + Playstation 1,108 = 939,897
X360 508,076 + XBOX 70,341 = 578,417

ds has sold over 2 million:
~1 million for 2005 + 1,041,211 so far for 2006 > 2 million

so these confirmed fake figures tally up surprisingly well to the latest press release...

starship

open_mouth_ said:

I said in a year which means through mid November and we all know 360 sales wasn't more than 5m worldwide through mid Nov.
And only 2m units for Wii? 2m till the end of the year? :lol :lol
You compare 10m shipped numbers for X360 (and I doubt Microsoft can hit that) till the end of the year to 2m Wii's which will sell through by early Dec?
You are one of the dumbest xbots in GAF.

starship

NinSoX said:
Hmm IIRC MS stated they sold more than 4 Million by the end of August. Can anyone else confirm?
4m in NA? Even their shipment figures show NA shipment by the end of September at 3.6m units.
And btw Microsoft always uses shipped numbers.
Shipped =! sold

Actually MS stated in thier latest quartery report to stockholders (End of September) that they have sold 6 million worldwide (yes shipped and shipped = sold because unless a retailer has ordered them they dont get shipped). MS also stated this past week that the term "shipped" to them means shipped from distribution center and to Sony shipped means shipped from factory.

open_mouth_ said:

;)

Oh for god's sake this is pathetic. First of all UK is not Europe. Second just because it sold better than PS2 one freaking week because the best game for the console is out doesn't mean it's "European domination". Overeaction ftw from the guy who was expecting X360 to sell 10-20 million units before PS3's launch and X360 to take over japan. I'm bookmarking this along with the rest of your delusional posts.

AniHawk

KeithFranklin said:
Actually MS stated in thier latest quartery report to stockholders (End of September) that they have sold 6 million worldwide (yes shipped and shipped = sold because unless a retailer has ordered them they dont get shipped). MS also stated this past week that the term "shipped" to them means shipped from distribution center and to Sony shipped means shipped from factory.

Oh.

Majmun

open_mouth_ said:

;)

Uncheck America. Ps2 is selling better in NA. :lol

starship

open_mouth_ said:
only 1 more month left to get a better picture of where they all stand :)
1 more month left for what?
Nintendo will sell more than 1m units by early Dec. in NA alone.
They sold 400k in Japan already and will sell more till then.
Add European launch numbers in early Dec and you get more than 2m units SOLD THROUGH by early Dec.
Even if Microsoft can hit their targets, they will SHIP 10m units BY THE END OF 2006
So how you can compare 10m X360s to 2m Wiis when one of them is sold through by early Dec. and the other one is shipped numbers by the end of the year?

KeithFranklin said:

Does any of this matter? That's why in GAF we only count the sold so that companies' bullshit PR doesn't confuse people. So it's not 6 million it's 4+ million till the end of October.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
fortified_concept said:
Oh for god's sake this is pathetic. First of all UK is not Europe. Second just because it sold better than PS2 one freaking week because the best game for the console is out doesn't mean it's "European domination". Overeaction ftw from the guy who was expecting X360 to sell 10-20 million units before PS3's launch and X360 to take over japan. I'm bookmarking this along with the rest of your delusional posts.

for the record, I believe Microsoft will hit their 10 million shipped by the end of '06 and I do not think that the Xbox 360 will take over japan. My original post had a ";)" at the end if you hadn't noticed meaning it was a joke. Some of you guys are super anal and, pardon my brutal honesty, very insecure.

I think that the 360 will carve out a respectable niche of 2.5 to 3.0 million in Japan by 2011.

fortified_concept said:
Does any of this matter? That's why in GAF we only count the sold so that companies' bullshit PR doesn't confuse people. So it's not 6 million it's 4+ million till the end of October.

Quarterly reports are not PR. These are numbers that the Securities and Exchange Commission pays attention to.

AniHawk

open_mouth_ said:
for the record, I believe Microsoft will hit their 10 million shipped by the end of '06 and I do not think that the Xbox 360 will take over japan. My original post had a ";)" at the end if you hadn't noticed meaning it was a joke. Some of you guys are super anal and, pardon my brutal honesty, very insecure.

I think that the 360 will carve out a respectable niche of 2.5 to 3.0 million in Japan by 2011.

You forgot the ";)" at the end this time.

Just giving you the heads up.

Top Bottom