• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony leaks Dark Cloud PS2 for PS4

Nibel

m533Vmq.png

P0aQgLi.jpg

They removed it again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8U3kC3KR1Y&feature=youtu.be

via Wario64 via BradazKing

"PS2 Classics and PS2-Formatted discs are incompatible with the PS4 system."

Fuck this shit. Especially the PS2 Classics part.

No way in hell I'm purchasing a PS2 game on PSN for the second time.

lollllllllll

no disc support

they're not gonna let us use ps1 discs when support is added either are they

AND they won't let you use the digital copies you already bought

lmfao what a trainwreck

Cartman86

Banned
I mean trophies are going to be something that might push me over but not supporting existing discs or digital PS2 games from PS3 just sucks. I already wrote off the PS2 games on PS3 when save data couldn't be brought over.

The bigger news is PS2 backwards compatibility is not actually backwards compatibility.

Not even for PS2 classics.

Fucking weak.

Scrawnton

Can't wait for people who ridiculously got their hopes up for disc based emulation to now be outraged at Sony. It was never going to happen. Not sure why the thought was ever entertained.

hawk2025

Can't say I even remotely expected discs, but what the hell at (apparently) not being able to use my PS2 classics.

dadjumper

I don't know what anyone expected, it wouldn't be worth the investment for sony if you could just go buy used PS2 games and play them on PS4

Dad

Even paying a $1 upgrade charge like Nintendo does would be better than just being SOL with PS2 Classics. Fuck

Stike

"PS2 Classics and PS2-Formatted discs are incompatible with the PS4 system."

Fuck this shit. Especially the PS2 Classics part.

No way in hell I'm purchasing a PS2 game on PSN for the second time.
It is possible the PS2 Classics are restricted by license issues, like PS1 classics are restricted from playing on Vita, for example.

So, it is (in that case) probably a license problem, not a technical one.

I don't think discs were ever on the table were they? Kind of disappointing that were applicable that they won't cross buy your legacy classics on your account. Still, torphy support and share play? Pretty awesome.

entremet

I don't know what anyone expected, it wouldn't be worth the investment for sony if you could just go buy used PS2 games and play them on PS4
Correct. And the amount of current gen users with PS2 discs is very small.

Most gamers don't collect.

Top Bottom