• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony leaks Dark Cloud PS2 for PS4

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
tumblr_n02j1wv8zb1rpyzbko1_500.gif

Sweet

Cartman86

Banned
It might be worth pointing out that the PS2 Classics note could be in reference to the fact that they won't be supporting those specific versions. As in you will have the license for that game when they release it on PS4 (if they do) but your save data won't come over as it's not that "version" of the game.

Lack of disc support is disappointing but not surprising.

The lack of Classics carrying over though? That's just taking the piss.

Hugstable

Banned
this kinda actually makes me really upset. What the hell sony? Atleast do something like Nintendo did where people who already bought the game before only have to pay like 1.50 to 2.00 when transfering wii vc to Wii U, but charging us all over again for games we had already paid for? Come on...

NoKisum

Guess this means no Def Jam: Fight For NY on PS4.

Will PS2 classics from PS3 carry over like PS1 do on various systems? Because I'll be damned if I have to purchased Digital Devil Saga a third time.

EDIT: I just looked at the image again and answered my own question. Thought it only meant psysical discs. Welp, guess I'm saving my money.

Scrawnton

So the digitally bought PS2 games aren't transferred from PS3 to PS4?! I really hope there is a small upgrade fee like Nintendo does with Wii to Wii U VC games. I would t expect the uprez and trophies for free, but to charge full price again might be a mistake.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
>< FUUUUUCK.

I must have like 5 copies of DC2 just laying around. Will buy another one.

*EDIT*

Wait......."PS2 Classics are incompatible with PS4 system"!?

Well surely there will be some system in place to recognize when you have a PS2 classic and let you have it for free right!? I mean, i know DC2 isn't a classic for PS3 right now but....

Fuck. So basically they are starting from scratch again account wise? Well that's just shitty business sense. I don't know if i wanna subscribe to that, they better shed more light about it at PSX.

Demoskinos

Well of course there won't be discs but on the bright side this means all your PS2 classics on PS3 you bought SHOULD be able to come over which is huge.

Boke1879

The PS2 classics you already bought should have been supported at least.

You have to wonder if there was some sort of licensing issue because technically there should be a problem.

hawk2025

Like, they do cross-buy with everything.

They've done cross-buy with PS1 games across three-different platforms, they are doing cross-buy between PS3, PS4 and Vita on nearly everything that has more than one version.

Whyyy would the PS2 digital classics not be cross-buy? That's some Virtual Console shit, man. At least I hope there's a steep discount.

this kinda actually makes me really upset. What the hell sony? Atleast do something like Nintendo did where people who already bought the game before only have to pay like 1.50 to 2.00 when transfering wii vc to Wii U, but charging us all over again for games we had already paid for? Come on...

Well, as a leak obviously there would not be any indication if there is indeed a discount, so we can't exactly jump on that yet.

I think we should take the frustration at Sony down a notch and wait until they officially reveal later tonight to send them into the gates of hell

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Never expected them to support disc, but I think it's crazy that they're not supporting PS2 Classics up on PSN.

Go_Ly_Dow

Let the first game come out first, so i can play it for the first time and then they can release the second one!

Yup, as always lol

There's no direct link between both games and Dark Cloud 2 (Dark Chronicle in Europe) is the vastly superior game and then some. One of the best JRPG's ever in fact!

I get the discs but the PSN purchases should carry over.

I think they're just positioning the playing of PS2 classics on PS4 as those that have received the "upgrade" treatment in terms of resolution and trophy support, and since PS2 classics on your PS3 don't have those things I can understand (even if I think it's kind of a dick move) why they would want to keep them on separate systems.

Like, they do cross-buy with everything.

They've done cross-buy with PS1 games across three-different platforms, they are doing cross-buy between PS3, PS4 and Vita on nearly everything that has more than one version.

Whyyy would the PS2 digital classics not be cross-buy?
To be fair, they're putting some work into these games with trophies and stuff. The least they could do is offer heavy discounts to folks that already own them, like Nintendo did with wii VC stuff on the wiiu

Well, wait a minute. I suppose it just says that your original PS2 classics are incompatible with the PS4, not that they wouldn't give you the PS4 counterpart in the circumstances a ps4 PS2 classic comes out, that you owned on PS3. Just don't expect all your PS2 digitals to go live. Not sure how to read it.

BasilZero

Not having discs is fine for me.

Too bad we cant transfer PS3 PSN titles to PS4 PSN.

Oh well - good thing I didnt buy much l0l

1080p up rendering and trophy support is what I can get behind!

the amount of people who thought disc play was coming was insane.

They could have a kind of cross buy with certain PS2 classics so I don't think that doesn't mean they are coming it could just stop people from thinking it was automatic.

The might not have been able to get certain games to come to this new system.

these are different versions they have trophies

To be fair, they're putting some work into these games with trophies and stuff. The least they could do is offer heavy discounts to folks that already own them, like Nintendo did with wii VC stuff on the wiiu

This is a possibility.

Top Bottom