• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony looks set to announce ‘PlayStation Plus Video Pass’

ManaByte

Gold Member

PlayStation-Plus-Video-Pass-768x432.jpg

A logo for ‘PlayStation Plus Video Pass’ was published on Sony’s official website today, along with the following description on its Polish website (now removed):

“A new benefit available for a limited time on PlayStation Plus… PS Plus Video Pass is a trial service active 22.04.21 – 22.04.22. The subscription benefit is available to PS Plus users in Poland.”

It’s not clear if the listing is describing a global or local service, but we’ve requested clarification from Sony Interactive Entertainment.

Chukhopops

Is this the counterpunch?
If it’s confirmed, then I guess it is. They won’t launch another service immediately after which would be a focus on games as it would be a bit confusing.

I guess they can beef up PSNow but right now it doesn’t even support PS5 games afaik.

Last edited:
Just wondering what a video pass would likely include... I'd presume that anime service they recently purchased. What about their movie studios (Sony pictures, plus the division's such as Columbia, TriStar and Screen gems?)

Fox Mulder

Season 1 Fighting GIF by The Simpsons

Even ignoring gamepass, you can already get Sony content at places you’re already subbed to like Netflix, who they just signed a big deal with. You aren’t getting the next Spider-Man movie on this day one or something.

I guess beefing up or rebranding PSNow, which is already pretty decent and a separate subscription is too hard.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
TV.

If the site is true, it's a one year freebie add-on. Then there will be some kind of paid service for movies as a separate service and/or a bumped up tier of PS Plus with movies.

just why? they took movies about of psn store but now they´re back?

makes no sense
Bundling.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Season 1 Fighting GIF by The Simpsons

Responding to game pass with this is weak. MS got shit on for tv tv tv stuff. You can already get Sony content on places you’re already subbed to like Netflix. I doubt they’ll put the next Spider-Man movie on it day one.

I guess beefing up or rebranding PSNow, which is already pretty decent and a separate subscription is too hard.

You do know that Sony Pictures also creates tv series/movies for HBO, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, AppleTV+ etc. They are not only about movies, movies, movies.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I love how they leaked it and everyone is like, "Welp, there it is! But what is it?"

We'll find out soon enough! I'm excited for those that are excited about it. Cool to see another perk being added to PS Plus, even if it's something that I don't really care about personally.

I felt like something like this would be showing its head at some point.

TrebleShot

This is dumb and completely uninteresting.
Sony gonna really stumble through this gen until the big hitters arrive and people talk about those instead of these trash initiatives.

Reminds me of MS and XBOX ONE, can imagine them having a little chuckle at this news.

I hope this is better than it sounds unless Sony are trying to morph the PS5 into an Xbox One ...

Last edited:

TrebleShot

Lol, so dramatic.

More content is never a bad thing.
haha, man its more distain than drama. Just think these sorts of things are just boring. They've already committed to signing up to Netflix for all their Sony studios movies this is a false economy , who doesn't already have Netflix?

Just_one

if somehow they get mortal kombat in there great! no way im gonna see it in theathers and its not on HBO here in portugal

Top Bottom