• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Mobile prepping gaming announcement for May 2nd

Mario007

Seems like Sony is the roll with gaming announcements lately. This time their mobile division will announce new things, along with Gameloft and Major League Gaming organisation.

Original article:
Sony Mobile is currently sending out invitations for an event that will be taking place on 2 May 2012. We haven’t received the invite ourselves, which makes us think this could be directed to the US media. The invitation teases “find out what’s new and next with Xperia gaming.” Joining Sony at the event will be Gameloft and the Major League Gaming organisation.

Given the partners it has lined up for the event and the teaser strapline, new hardware is a distinct possibility. However, given the lack of leaks of an ‘Xperia PLAY 2’ we’re not entirely sure this will be the case. What we may see, however, is a spec refresh of the Xperia PLAY, especially as the invite is believed to have an image of the device. Alternatively, Sony may just be looking to refresh people’s focus on the Xperia PLAY or there could be a new gaming service being launched. We’ll bring you more news on this next week.

http://www.xperiablog.net/2012/04/24/sony-mobile-prepping-gaming-announcement-for-2-may/

Update: It seems, however, that this is not a hardware announcement and rather is focused on forming partnerships between Gameloft, Major League gaming and Sony:

“Sony Mobile Communications has no intentions of making a product announcement at this time. The event is intended to preview a new initiative launching in partnership with Major League Gaming and Gameloft.”

Lock if old.

Mario007

Fuck, for whatever reason I thought this was related to Vita. Then I saw Xperia and Gameloft :/

Could be PS Suite related, in which case it'll be on Vita too. Although with PS Suite it'd be a cross effort between Sony Mobile, Sony Tablet Division and SCE.

Yjynx

btw just asking, based on the beta how easy it was to transfer ios/android game into the PS suite Vita?

Mario007

Xperiablog actually updated their entry, I didn't see it so here is what we can expect out of this:

“Sony Mobile Communications has no intentions of making a product announcement at this time. The event is intended to preview a new initiative launching in partnership with Major League Gaming and Gameloft.”

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
That link doesn't lead anywhere.

And wait, you DO have a US phone? Because I can't get ANY PS games. All I have is Crash, and I can't seem to get any more.

Can't access PSN
Can't access the PS Store

I live in Canada, here we don't have those 2 either. Only the 10 games you apparently can't access. Still, you aren't missing out on much.

Top Bottom