• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony - Most played PS5 Games since launch by hours played [Only PS5 Skus counted]

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Surprised by Demon Souls since Sony hasnt even revealed its sales and it dropped off charts quick.

I guess most people who do play the game play it religiously. I beat it something crazy like 20 times with every weapon and class.

JaksGhost

I'm not surprised at the majority being launch titles given the timeline of when the data was taken. Whether single player or multi-player experiences they are the games gamers have had the most time with since the console launch.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
A lot of shooters and sports on that list. Despite what people say, the games the PS crowd like playing arent much different than Xbox gamers.

NBA2k22 already #10 and it came out 2 months ago.

Last edited:

Bodomism

Banned
? There's a PS5 version of Genshin.

• MLB The Show 21
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  • Demon’s Souls
*Games like Minecraft, Apex and Warzone for example, do not have official PS5 SKUs hence their exclusion.
MLB the Show 21 and Demon's Souls are there because of the exclusion of PS4 SKU of those games.

Kilau

Gold Member
I haven't played a single one of these...

principal skinner old people GIF

ethomaz

Banned
That is a great list.

And people are worried with CoD Vanguard that is in every way superior to CoD Cold War.

Kuranghi

I haven't played a single one of these...

principal skinner old people GIF

I'm not out of touch thankfully, I'm so down with both the sports games genre and the kids so I can relate to so many of these games, just last night I was playing "Ninja Basketball Arena 2021" with some chums. I got four assassinations in a row and unlocked the bamboo forest court.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
And people on Twitter claim that all they do is play exclusives? Wow, you truly hate to see it. I have no words. This proves so much I would have expected more first-party games to be on the list.
The whole first party skew has always been BS. Unless it's Nintendo with giant attach rates, even the best Sony or MS game might get a 1/6th rate like some 20 million copy sellers on 120M PS4. And most dont hit that rate.

Like Xbox, the most popular games played are third party, which includes lots of sports and shooters or F2P like Fortnite or Apex Legends kinds of games. Hell, MLB The Show (a sports game skewed to the US) ranked #7 and that game only came out in the spring.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Per Sony - Here are the most played games on PS5 since it launched last year
  • Fortnite
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  • FIFA 21
  • NBA 2K21
  • Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
  • Destiny 2
  • MLB The Show 21
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  • Demon’s Souls
  • NBA 2K22

*Note Data collection Dates November 12, 2020 – September 30, 2021
*Games like Minecraft, Apex and Warzone for example, do not have official PS5 SKUs hence their exclusion.

DeS and Spidey standing proud in that sea of shite:

mr bean hello GIF

FrankWza

There's a ton of single player games that have longevity.
That’s why demons souls and MM are up there and shows how impressive it is that they are. You might want to update the OP to reflect hours played. Since you have all systems and your intentions were not to try and console war. Right?
One thing I find hilarious about this data, is that the most played 1st party game on this list is on Gamepass lmao what kind of world do we live in.

That’s why demons souls and MM are up there and shows how impressive it is that they are. You might want to update the OP to reflect hours played. Since you have all systems and your intentions were not to try and console war. Right?

I have no idea what you're saying bro, what do you mean update the hours ? Relax lol

Kilau

Gold Member
I'm not out of touch thankfully, I'm so down with both the sports games genre and the kids so I can relate to so many of these games, just last night I was playing "Ninja Basketball Arena 2021" with some chums. I got four assassinations in a row and unlocked the bamboo forest court.
That could be a real thing for all I know.

Topher

Gold Member
It's a list of the most played games. It matches all other public data we have for both consoles, that being that multiplayer games are the most popular and generally the best selling games on both consoles.

My mistake. I misread your post.

Lognor

Banned
Sony made the right decision to do cross gen. Only one PS5 exclusive game in the list. Where is Returnal? Ratchet?

Kuranghi

yeah, thats why my son is not getting a PS5 for christmas, Fortnite is the only game he plays, he can keep doing that on his shitty laptop.

What age is he? You're right its probably excessive just for one game and that game at that.

You could really wind him up by forcing him to watch a Digital Foundry Fortnite graphics comparison.

Thats what you have kids for right? To wind them up?

The list that you made a thread about. It’s a list of most games played by hours. Understand? So each game on that list represents how many hours were spent on each game on PS.

Bro, I honestly have no idea what you want from me lol. Just enjoy the thread, if you're not enjoying the thread go look at another thread.

Chukhopops

Sony made the right decision to do cross gen. Only one PS5 exclusive game in the list. Where is Returnal? Ratchet?
I’m sure Ratchet sold well but how many hours can people play it compared to MP games? If the metric was unique players maybe it would look better.

Returnal, uh… may not be in a top 10 regardless of the metric used.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
yeah, thats why my son is not getting a PS5 for christmas, Fortnite is the only game he plays, he can keep doing that on his shitty laptop.
Given the state of next gen consoles now, there's hardly any ultimate games to get now anyway.

I'd say the biggest improvements are loading time (which even for BC games is much faster than stock Xbox and PS4 OG systems) and the next gen version looks a bit better and probably at 60 fps.

If the above isnt super important for a gamer, they can get by with the cross gen version until real next gen games come out who knows when, since MS and Sony seem big on cross gen games at minimum into 2022.

FrankWza

Well, thank goodness sales data backs up my point.
It's a list of the most played games. It matches all other public data we have for both consoles, that being that multiplayer games are the most popular and generally the best selling games on both consoles.
Bro, I honestly have no idea what you want from me lol. Just enjoy the thread, if you're not enjoying the thread go look at another thread.
See the posts above yours? They are under the impression this is a tweet about most sold copies. It isn’t. It’s about how many hours were logged on each game. So, games like Returnal or Ratchet that can be completed in 15 hours or 30 hours won’t be on this list.

Zathalus

See the posts above yours? They are under the impression this is a tweet about most sold copies. It isn’t. It’s about how many hours were logged on each game. So, games like Returnal or Ratchet that can be completed in 15 hours or 30 hours won’t be on this list.
My point is that multiplayer games are the most popular. Not that singleplayer don't sell well.

Top Bottom