• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony - Most played PS5 Games since launch by hours played [Only PS5 Skus counted]

Lognor

Banned
See the posts above yours? They are under the impression this is a tweet about most sold copies. It isn’t. It’s about how many hours were logged on each game. So, games like Returnal or Ratchet that can be completed in 15 hours or 30 hours won’t be on this list.
Demons souls takes about 20 hours to beat, but it's in the list. I understand what the list is showing.

ManaByte

What is freeroam?

Even then, it only takes maybe about 15 hours to Platinum it. First time through is about 10, then you need to New Game+ complete for the Plat. But that can be done on Easy and you can skip all the cutscenes. The thing that takes the longest is probably the crimes on the app.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Demons souls takes about 20 hours to beat, but it's in the list. I understand what the list is showing.
Your average Souls gamer is not playing just for 20 hours... I put in over 300 hours alone in the original on the PS3, and even more in Bloodborne. Hell, my most played last gen and so far this current one would be RDR2 with well over 1,000 hours probably and that can be beaten in 30 to 40 hours.

Last edited:

FrankWza

Miles Morales is about 10hrs max and is on this list....
The story is. So that means people continued playing and platinumed and then played some more and just roamed around.
again. Even if you finish it once you would need another 25-30 hours and then there’s NG and NG +. So, like Spider-Man people kept playing and logged a lot of hours.

Lognor

Banned
People play souls games for hundreds of hours. It isn't like Returnal or Ratchet
Can you explain Miles Morales being in the list then? That game takes less than 10 hours to beat. Definitely a correlation between hours played and copies sold. Ratchet and Returnal clearly did not sell as well.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Even then, it only takes maybe about 15 hours to Platinum it. First time through is about 10, then you need to New Game+ complete for the Plat. But that can be done on Easy and you can skip all the cutscenes. The thing that takes the longest is probably the crimes on the app.
Ok, and? You think everyone just sets it and forgets it? I know many a people who let their kids freeroam the snots out of the game and they love it.

I don't get the what people are trying to argue... oh wait, I do. The war rages on!

FrankWza

Can you explain Miles Morales being in the list then? That game takes less than 10 hours to beat. Definitely a correlation between hours played and copies sold. Ratchet and Returnal clearly did not sell as well.
Im gonna put this here in hopes that it doesnt get a seperate thread :

Here's Kotakus take on the situation - They need to relax lol.

grilling bartolo colon GIF

Last edited:

Fbh

Here is a look at the top ten PS5 games played during PS5’s first year, based on gameplay hours

Not sure what people find surprising. It's based on cumulative gameplay hours, of course it's going to be dominated by multiplayer and sports games.
The vast majority of people play through single player once. Did people think the average player spent more time playing 10 hours long ratchet than COD, Fortnite or Fifa?

I mostly play single player games, all my favorite games are single player and around 90% of my time playing videogames is done on single player games.
I still have more cumulative gameplay hours on Rocket Legue than any single player game last gen.

Last edited:

JaksGhost

Sony made the right decision to do cross gen. Only one PS5 exclusive game in the list. Where is Returnal? Ratchet?
Returnal and Ratchet were released 7 and 9 months into the timeframe in which they took this data from. You have to take that into account as well. It becomes more glaring when you see that 8 out the 10 games are launch titles or released within a month of the console launch.

K' Dash

What age is he? You're right its probably excessive just for one game and that game at that.

You could really wind him up by forcing him to watch a Digital Foundry Fortnite graphics comparison.

Thats what you have kids for right? To wind them up?

I'm not going to spend $800 on a PS5 to play fortnite, hes 14 and doesnt care about graphics at all, just playing with friends, which he can do perfectly fine on his laptop.

This has nothing to do with me forcing him to like other games.

Tschumi

I'll be honest. If i had a PS5, I am not too sure what I'd be playing right now. Returnal and Demon's Souls are probably too hard to hold my attention, Ratchet and Clank is a great wheeze but it never keeps my attention very long, I love Arkane but i don't like death as a mechanic, generally...

Yeah i think I'd be playing Cyberpunk or Tsushima, I guess.. I'd probably be looking forward to future releases.

On my ps4 pro I'm looking forward to GT7

Returnal and Ratchet were released 7 and 9 months into the timeframe in which they took this data from. You have to take that into account as well. It becomes more glaring when you see that 8 out the 10 games are launch titles or released within a month of the console launch.
NBA 2K22 [Sep 10 2021) Came out like 3 weeks before the cut off of this Data and still made the list bro.

Data was captured from 11/2020 - 09/30/2021

Topher

Gold Member

Three

Miles Morales is about 10hrs max and is on this list....
Miles Morales is one of the highest selling games ever. Total hours played is a combination of sales and hours played. If a game with lower sales has less longevity it doesn't stand a chance. If a game with 10 hours longevity sells a lot it has a chance. If a game has very long longevity for example multiplayer games people play daily for 3-4 hours like Fortnite or Destiny 2 even if fewer people play it it's going go be high on the list.

Last edited:

Tschumi

Ask yourself, does this really matter? Also why are you insulting people. If you're having issues with comprehension due to formatting let me know , I wanna be inclusive.
>Blink<

*Tschumi says dots =/= numbers*
*Others say Tschumi has issues with comprehension*
*Asteroid hits planet Earth*

Derktron

Banned
LOL, people are going on the defense. Trying so hard to prove a point. I should make a Twitter account just so I can also be entertained at the fanboys trying so hard to deflect that.

Spiderman is here because 500,000 people who have played 10 hours each amounts to more hours than 100,000 who have played 40 hours each

We know Ratchet is doing better than Demon's Souls. It sold 1.1 million in like a month, Demon's Souls was at 1.4 million in 11. Demon's Souls is on the list because you can get a shit ton more hours out of it than Ratchet. Simple as that.

Top Bottom