• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony - Most played PS5 Games since launch by hours played [Only PS5 Skus counted]

Hezekiah

Banned
Miles Morales too short to be high on the list. I do personally know a few people who platinumed it but most gamers can't be arsed with doing that.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Got 120 hours logged in Demon's Souls and counting. Haven't played the others. Absolute garbage list but what would you expect. It's always these same games topping the charts, whether it's most played or most sold.

Apeopleman

I've only played demon souls and elden ring on my PlayStation 5.

All these players could have just kept their ps4/ps4pro consoles and let the next generation crew buy a ps5.
You're preaching to the choir man.

I'll never forget the PS4 Launch in 2013. I'm waiting in line to pickup my pre order from Gamestop. Im super excited to play Killzone Shadowfall, and all the normies are talking about "yoooo i cant wait to play 2k, Assassin's Creed, and Call of duty"

Why do people buy the new console just to buy games they could play on the current one, with similar performance?

I got PS5 early because of Demon's Souls remake

It pains me to see Fortnite, COD, FIFA and Madden always topping charts while gems like Demons Souls go unloved

Face Palm GIF by Captain Obvious
This.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Per Sony - Here are the most played games on PS5 since it launched last year
  1. Fortnite
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  3. FIFA 21
  4. NBA 2K21
  5. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
  6. Destiny 2
  7. MLB The Show 21
  8. Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  9. Demon’s Souls
  10. NBA 2K22
*Edited to show numerical list due to intense member distress.

*Note Data collection Dates November 12, 2020 – September 30, 2021
*Games like Minecraft, Apex and Warzone for example, do not have official PS5 SKUs hence their exclusion.

Maybe I am getting old but that list looks like shit. Too many sequels and rehashes.

JaksGhost

Online, multiplayer, TPS, sports games, none of which are 1st or 2nd party titles.

very telling.
Now do the full list including the first party titles in the Top 10. This is based off of hours played which the Top 5 is accurately portraying since those are time sinks including Assassin's Creed which takes 50+ hours to finish. If you want to Platinum it it could take up to 2-3 times that amount to get the trophy.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
Why would something that is completely normal in the industry across most platforms suddenly become embarassing?
because is the less convenient of the console since the prices of its exclusive games have risen to 81 euros e. the most direct competition has gamepass know that in PlayStation users prefer to play in the end to multiplatforms and that the console is also the less powerful hight end console this gen. it was embarrassing at least for us hardcore

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
because is the less convenient of the console since the prices of its exclusive games have risen to 81 euros e. the most direct competition has gamepass know that in PlayStation users play in the end to multiplatforms in the platform of this less powerful gen. it was embarrassing at least for us hardcore

Ah......console war nonsense. Got it.

MonarchJT

Banned
Ah......console war nonsense. Got it.
oh fuck why everything must be console war.
.I have friends with whom I share this passion since the days of the commodore and the Amiga every gen with discuss what play is better .we can discuss about platform without everything need to be console war .for me This gen playstation dropped the ball that's it. the only thing saving them is brand.recognition

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
Safe to say that if they had counted PS4 games that are being played on PS5 there would not be a single exclusive in the top 10, and as always the top 10 is dominated by online multiplayer games. Really rubs in just how much of a bubble SinglePlayerExclusiveGAF is.

Surprised to see MLB so high, guess Americans really really love baseball.

Topher

Gold Member
- less powerful console
- not investing in services
- their usersbase Highly prefeer multiplay games at their called TOP SINGLE PLAYER GAMES that probably run better on series x
I'm sure that everything is ok, open your eyes friend

Right.....you are checking all the warrior boxes. Be sure and give MrFunSocks MrFunSocks a like since you are both so interested in PlayStation.

MonarchJT

Banned
Really is amazing that the most played games games are online multiplayer games.

I can't think of a single reason why that would be. It's a real puzzle you know 🤔.
and I'm sure the 499 console where exclusive games "who no one play" have the higher cost between competition and also isn't the most powerful.console is the best choice for those who prefeer multiplays games . lest accept that brand recognition is doing the works.thats it

because PlayStation is all about AAAA single player games eh
))

Last edited:

FrankWza

because is the less convenient of the console since the prices of its exclusive games have risen to 81 euros e. the most direct competition has gamepass know that in PlayStation users prefer to play in the end to multiplatforms and that the console is also the less powerful hight end console this gen. it was embarrassing at least for us hardcore
ahahhaahha coz exclusivessss
really sorry but is embarrassing and hilarious at the same timee
.I have friends with whom I share this passion since the days of the commodore and the Amiga every gen with discuss what play is better .we can discuss about platform without everything need to be console war .for me This gen playstation dropped the ball that's it. the only thing saving them is brand.recognition
- less powerful console
- not investing in services
- their usersbase Highly prefeer multiplay games at their called TOP SINGLE PLAYER GAMES that probably run better on series x
I'm sure that everything is ok, open your eyes friend
and I'm sure the 499 console whwre exclusive games have the higher cost between competition and also isn't the most powerful.console is the best choice for those who prefeer multiplays games . lest accept that brand recognition is doing the works.thats it

because PlayStation is all about single player games eh

This thread is about hours played. Unfortunately, the op set it up to console war and here we are. People still think it’s the top sales. Look at this
misinformation.
idiot fail GIF

*Edited to show numerical list due to intense member distress.

And people on Twitter claim that all they do is play exclusives? Wow, you truly hate to see it. I have no words. This proves so much I would have expected more first-party games to be on the list.
what is this nonsense.

I swear people in Neogaf have some of the most ignorant views about gaming.

You thought first party games should fill a list titled “most played”? over games that you can spend endless hours on playing with friends?

If anything it’s impressive Spiderman is even on that list.

Hezekiah

Banned
and I'm sure the 499 console whwre exclusive games have the higher cost between competition and also isn't the most powerful.console is the best choice for those who prefeer multiplays games . lest accept that brand recognition is doing the works.thats it

because PlayStation is all about AAAA single player games eh
))
Are you drunk?

And still running with the power narrative huh.

And the only AAAA studio I know of is The Initiative which has hired Crystal Dynamics to make a game for them 😄.

And best not to talk about the investment Sony is making in multiplayer games with Factions from their premier studio Naughty Dog, Guerilla Games' new multiplayer IP, and the partnerships with Firewalk (ex-Bungie), Deviation Games (ex-Treyarch) etc - those facts should be ignored because PS5 only sells because of "branding".

MonarchJT

Banned
Are you drunk?

And still running with the power narrative huh.

And the only AAAA studio I know of is The Initiative which has hired Crystal Dynamics to make a game for them 😄.

And best not to talk about the investment Sony is making in multiplayer games with Factions from their premier studio Naughty Dog, Guerilla Games' new multiplayer IP, and the partnerships with Firewalk (ex-Bungie), Deviation Games (ex-Treyarch) etc - those facts should be ignored because PS5 only sells because of "branding".
yes drunk :* sorry guys ))

Last edited:

JaksGhost

The generation just started a year ago grandpa.

aries_71

Here in Europe, for all the talk about about Sony third person adventure exclusives, I never knew a PS player that didn’t constantly play the holy trio: fifa+Cod+Fortnite. And I mean constantly.

MScarpa

Thank you. This came up in the another thread too. The great majority of games on my PS5 were released on PS4 and have received an update. It's crazy we don't have this argument when people but video cards and just play their old games.
I'm a little confused on what you 2 mean. Are you saying people are buying ps5 to play older games?

MScarpa

So sad to see demons souls so low...1.4 million copies is trash numbers. Game is just so good. Too many casual pussies out there. Fortnite number 1, fuck that.
I never liked it. Didn't buy it for PS5. It's more a niche title. And i do have a pussy so maybe that's why I don't like it.

arvfab

Banned
Gamepass is on Switch?

Kagey K

Banned
I would prefer to think the lack of single player games is the reason why GAAS take up the majority.
So if there were more 8 hour single player games, there would be more on the most played?

I somehow doubt it, but you might be right.

Last edited:
Top Bottom