• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony - Most played PS5 Games since launch by hours played [Only PS5 Skus counted]

zombrex

A ton of parents buying their kids consoles to play Fortnite.
Considering how expensive the machine is it is not suprising.

Moses85

1-7
giphy.gif

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Not surprising.

Unless its a game like Skyrim, its not possible for single player game to have longer gameplay hours compared to a multiplayer game.

I mean...its clearly multiplayer games like fornite, COD, battlefield going to take the spot, but I never played these games before, I just prefer single player games.

Last edited:
So the franchises that have perennially topped the sales charts for the past decade+ continue to be at the top of the charts? Remind me why this is supposed to be surprising. People having meltdowns over information that is totally normal.

MonarchJT

Banned
Not surprising.

Unless its a game like Skyrim, its not possible for single player game to have longer gameplay hours compared to a multiplayer game.

I mean...its clearly multiplayer games like fornite, COD, battlefield going to take the spot, but I never played these games before, I just prefer single player games.
the thing is (and the data show it) people who prefer "ala Sony" single player games are a very minority even within the PlayStation eco system. and there is nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:

lh032

the thing is (and the data show it) people who prefer "ala Sony" single player games are a very minority even within the PlayStation eco system. and there is nothing wrong with that.
That doesnt make any sense, the reason why Playstation won the console war last gen and still being relevant its because of exclusive games.

You seems to forget that Microsoft admit their first party games not as good as Sony.

https://www.techradar.com/news/xbox-admits-its-not-keeping-up-with-sonys-biggest-ps5-games

Please do tell me why people still go for Playstation if no one gives a shit about Sony first party games.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
That doesnt make any sense, the reason why Playstation won the console war last gen and still being relevant its because of exclusive games.

You seems to forget that Microsoft admit their first party games not as good as Sony.

https://www.techradar.com/news/xbox-admits-its-not-keeping-up-with-sonys-biggest-ps5-games

Please do tell me why people still go for Playstation if no one gives a shit about Sony first party games.
brand recognition. Most people in reality literally don't even know why they buy a product instead of a other. That chart show what people like to play more on playstation a console that according to you,it is famous for its exclusive AAA single player games but the reality is another

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Once again. This is hours played. F2P GAAS pop culture will dominate, even in the PC/Xbox arena that has an infinite amount of games and genres to play.

Y’all just clowning right now, and it’s always the same usernames throwing stones at glass houses in these threads.

Last edited:

lh032

brand recognition. Most people in reality literally don't even know why they buy a product instead of a other. That chart show what people like to play more on playstation a console that according to you,it is famous for its exclusive AAA single player games but the reality is another
The chart shows the gameplay hours , of course mutliplayer games is going to be in the list.

How many times you are going to replay a single player games? Not every game is Skyrim where you can spend hundreds of hours on it.

Sony first party sales totally counter your argument.

Your argument does not make any sense at all.

Gameplay hours has nothing to do with people prefer exclusive games or not.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
The chart shows the gameplay hours , of course mutliplayer games is going to be in the list.

How many times you are going to replay a single player games? Not every game is Skyrim where you can spend hundreds of hours on it.

Sony first party sales totally counter your argument.

Your argument does not make any sense at all.

Gameplay hours has nothing to do with people prefer exclusive games or not.
if you look at global games sales of playstation (on every gen) history you will probably understand better what I'm saying and what reality is

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
if you look at global games sales of playstation (on every gen) history you will probably understand better what I'm saying and what reality is
The reality is Sony would not have dominated if it wasn’t for their exclusive first and third party bangers. They had something for everyone and catered to a multitude of tastes.

Common sense really isn’t that hard in the scenario. There are plenty Sony first party games that I never bought and we’re not interested, but there were plenty of others that I did. And there are other people who think otherwise about the games I bought, and bought others that I did not. There was something for everyone and that’s the reason their systems sold like crazy.

Mass option appeal is hard, innit.

First party games have accounted for roughly 20% of overall software sales on PlayStation these past few years

Factor in the sheer numer of third party games that are available compared to first party and you'll understand how significant that is

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
2022 elden ring and batlefield 2042 will enter the chart

On xbox it will be halo infinite

Newsflash game with multiplayer/online co-op tends to last longer to play

In other news water is wet

This, i do not understand how stupid people are these days. These same people complaining about this are playing Horizon 5 online atm, Infinite MP or BF2042 next week.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Back then when ps4 xone easy to find i wouldnt care if someone smash his console but now with consoles scarcity many people still strugling to find ps5 this is uneceptable

He shouldve just donate it to someone else for free instead of smashing that ps5 many people still want it

What a waste

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
On that list Valhalla is easily the longest for me at like 140 hours. Not sure anything else I’ve played in years comes remotely close.

arvfab

Banned
Imagine being so stupid to make any conclusions about importance of single player/exclusive games based on this list.

People trying to spin this in this direction, are the same ones still firing fireworks for the 7.5 billions spent by MS for buying ZeniMax, owner of studios doing mainly single player games, now exclusively.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
It's funny looking at the list wars, around here only to never watch them line up with reality.

Member when ppl thought Godfall and Destruction All Stars were a big deal?

I do.
That never happened. Destruction All-Stars was derided as soon as it was announced and then they made it free on PS+. There was zero hype for Godfall, it didn't chart and the reviews were bad.

A certain kind of posters always bring up these games for some reason. I wonder why?

MonarchJT

Banned
Imagine being so stupid to make any conclusions about importance of single player/exclusive games based on this list.

People trying to spin this in this direction, are the same ones still firing fireworks for the 7.5 billions spent by MS for buying ZeniMax, owner of studios doing mainly single player games, now exclusively.
not very exclusively ....when when the vast majority of players can access it at a price that is almost 1/10 of the cost of competition games. Sorry for the correction uh.

It is what it is ..Sport games sell a tons, multiplayer games are most played .etc etc single player games fits in the gaming world as incredible experiences but the rankings (of any kind) show that are not the reason why market chooses one console or another. next Cod fifa and Minecraft are the reasons.
For example, if asked the Sony userbase to cancel the possibility of playing from the PlayStation console FIFA, the last of us or Cod, in your opinion, what they would choose?

ill tell you the last of us without thinking one second

Last edited:

Derktron

Banned
what is this nonsense.

I swear people in Neogaf have some of the most ignorant views about gaming.

You thought first party games should fill a list titled “most played”? over games that you can spend endless hours on playing with friends?

If anything it’s impressive Spiderman is even on that list.
i swear people in Neogaf clearly live in the rock of fanboyism. ------ Go outside for once and you will find what you seek. Nothing more will be said. I always get the last word. Into my ignore list you go, for being a very bad boy.

Two single player games that can be beat within 20-30 hours in a list full of popular mainstream multiplayer titles which probably get played for 100s of hours. That's pretty impressive.
well to be fair Ghost has a multiplayer mode. But Spiderman MM is short and has no multiplayer. So it either sold a bunch of copies or/and some kids are just swinging around for hours.

arvfab

Banned
not very exclusively ....when when the vast majority of players can access it at a price that is almost 1/10 of the cost of competition games. Sorry for the correction uh.

It is what it is ..Sport games sell a tons, multiplayer games are most played .etc etc single player games fits in the gaming world as incredible experiences but the rankings (of any kind) show that are not the reason why market chooses one console or another. next Cod fifa and Minecraft are the reasons.
For example, if asked the Sony userbase to cancel the possibility of playing from the PlayStation console FIFA, the last of us or Cod, in your opinion, what they would choose?

Are you drunk again or is this bullshit all yours?

FrankWza

that as we seeing the most large part of the market prefeer the usual third party games. and no matter how much you do or spend for esclusives ...its brand recognition thats doing works
..not to remake of demon souls of i bet my mom soul that 90%+ of the market don't give a fuck about

and yes I work in this market but i don't want to talk about it
Still going?
It's funny looking at the list wars, around here only to never watch them line up with reality.

Member when ppl thought Godfall and Destruction All Stars were a big deal?

I do.
So if there were more 8 hour single player games, there would be more on the most played?

I somehow doubt it, but you might be right.
Hours played list
Where’s ratchet and returnal?
2 hours a day 5-7days a week on fortnite is 40+ hours in a month. You can platinum ratchet in 20 or so.
i swear people in Neogaf clearly live in the rock of fanboyism. ------ Go outside for once and you will find what you seek. Nothing more will be said. I always get the last word. Into my ignore list you go, for being a very bad boy.
More gold.
well to be fair Ghost has a multiplayer mode. But Spiderman MM is short and has no multiplayer. So it either sold a bunch of copies or/and some kids are just swinging around for hours.
It’s a PS5 list so not enough time to hit those numbers. Same for the DC of Death Stranding.

Fredrik

I’m not surprised. A friend is a huge PS fan but he just play FIFA and NHL, he’s been talking about Kena but is waiting on a sale. And I’m waiting on a sale on a Returnal. Demon’s Souls is my most played PS5 game, glad to see it on the list.

base

Banned
Per Sony - Here are the most played games on PS5 since it launched last year
  1. Fortnite
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  3. FIFA 21
  4. NBA 2K21
  5. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
  6. Destiny 2
  7. MLB The Show 21
  8. Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  9. Demon’s Souls
  10. NBA 2K22
*Edited to show numerical list due to intense member distress.

*Note Data collection Dates November 12, 2020 – September 30, 2021
*Games like Minecraft, Apex and Warzone for example, do not have official PS5 SKUs hence their exclusion.

Buying a PS5 just to play Fortnite. Oh my God....

bender

What time is it?
People really try to shit on Sony for putting up SOLD games and then go and celebrate other ways of touting “success”
We live in a world of…..

Jimmy Kimmel Abc GIF by Emmys

97% of all statistics I post fit the narrative I'm trying to tell. 67% of those statistics are made up on the spot.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

Here are the facts that many people don't understand.

2020 Bestselling Games of 2020 (Including best selling games of the past 12 months from May)

Best Selling Games In Europe

Best Selling Games in Japan

Depending on where you ask and who you ask, you're going to get a different response because FIFA doesn't appeal to many gamers outside of Europe.

Outside of the United States where Madden and NBA 2K are popular, you're not going to get many people who are interested in the game.

If NBA 2K is selling 10-12 million copies on multiple platforms, then that means about half are playing on the PlayStation console. FIFA sells around 20 million copies on multiple platforms, most of which are being sold in Europe.

You're assuming most of the user base are sports fans and they're not. Each game targets a different demographic within the video game space and they're not all the same.

Top Bottom