• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: Naughty Dog will be on Vita, all of our studios [Naughty Dog: Nope]

offshore

Ugh, Polyphony had better not be working on Vita. They should be focusing on GT6/PS4 and nothing else.

Get Studio Liverpool to do GT Vita; Polyphony don't need the distraction.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Good I guess, Sony..nice work..but to make the world balanced again we need Bend on PS3 now, it's a fair trade, since ALL of your studios will work on Vita..I ask for just one studio to be on PS3 ffs.

Monster Hunter.

Hilariously, Monster Hunter has become such a part of the landscape I didn't even think of it.

Here I was thinking how Bend should give us a new Syphon Filter on the Vita, considering Logan's Shadow did end on a cliffhanger, if memory serves me correctly.

Good I guess, Sony..nice work..but to make the world balanced again we need Bend on PS3 now, it's a fair trade, since ALL of your studios will work on Vita..I ask for just one studio to be on PS3 ffs.

I really just want another Syphon Filter...in any form. Goddamn those PSP titles were fine pieces of reboot.

Takao

Banned

Bend said they make handheld games because it's the only way the industry allows them to stay small. Apparently Garvin doesn't want to expand the studio to take on a PS3 project.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I hope they do. These top tier studios need to show what the Vita is capable of -- so that other developers get an idea of how to efficiently develop games for it. Naughty Dog has repeatedly denied this, though.

Chris_C

vindicated next year? because I wouldn't assume they'd have much ready to go this calendar year. but hey...who knows.

edit: what I want to know is what is Insomniac planning? something? nothing? because Ratchet is a requirement.

I was only kidding, I already love my Vita, but NDI are my favorite game developer. Would also love to know what Ready at Dawn are up to. They recently announced they were hiring for a home console game.

EDIT: Forgot all about Killzone Vita. Looked rough as hell when it was first shown. Always wondered why they'd show it in that state.

And who said that the UC3 team is prepping the tech for UC4?

It was just an off-the-cuff remark, I wasn't being wholly serious. Still, I'd imagine Sony would want Uncharted 4 to be a launch title for their next-gen console, so I wouldn't be surprised if Naughty Dog were at the very early stages of development as we speak.

Hm, we'll see. Naughty Dog's repeatedly turned down the opportunity for the PSP, and have also repeatedly stated they are a "one game at a time" dev team.

This, and the lack of details on Call of Duty just makes me think he was bigging up the Vita.

Ikkarus

Ugh, Polyphony had better not be working on Vita. They should be focusing on GT6/PS4 and nothing else.

Get Studio Liverpool to do GT Vita; Polyphony don't need the distraction.

Perhaps they could be doing the whole PS3 / PS Vita link up though. Much like the Wipeout HD / 2048 deal.

Jak and Daxter on Vita!! someone please platinum the collection already. I can't believe no one has platinum the Jak collection till now.

I'm afraid Sony will get the wrong message and cancel the new Jak and Daxter game because they may think there's no fanbase anymore

Duffyside

Banned
Aren't Naughty Dog busy enough as it is? What with one team working on The Last of Us and the other prepping tech for Uncharted 4 on the PS4.

Yeah, but I don't take the OP to mean they're working on something now. I expect that once The Last of Us is finished, they'll evaluate, and it might make sense for them to then make a Vita game, or two. Naughty Dog has also expressed concerns about not wanting their employees to get burnt out on Uncharted, and having them work on some Vita games could be a good way to prevent that, especially if the scope is smaller.

Moreover, while I'm certain they're working on Uncharted 4 for PS4 (YAY!), AFTER that I could see Naughty Dog finally saying "yeah, we're done with that franchise for a while now."

1) Naughty Dog use some of that Uncharted money to buy back Crash IP from Activision
2) Revive the whored out franchise by making an awesome new game for Vita
3) ????
4) Profit

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Well, Uncharted is going to start losing its appeal.

I hope they do. These top tier studios need to show what the Vita is capable of -- so that other developers get an idea of how to efficiently develop games for it. Naughty Dog has repeatedly denied this, though.

Sony Bend is a top tier studio, what they lack is manpower and budget. got sick of people saying Sony Bend is B rated team. same with Ready at Dawn, which is also a top tier studio imo.

theBishop

Banned
I'm not sure the VP of Marketing really meant to be nailed down like that.

The "confirmation" about Call of Duty this fall. Naughty Dog on Vita. This stuff might happen, but I think there's a decent chance this guy was just promoting the Vita. It's easy to say "all our studios are on Vita".

1) Naughty Dog use some of that Uncharted money to buy back Crash IP from Activision
2) Revive the whored out franchise by making an awesome new game for Vita
3) ????
4) Profit

why do people want Crash IP to come back to ND so bad? there's nothing that Crash can do, that can't be made for Jak and Daxter IP. do people think ND will make another linear hallway platformer in Crash 1-3 style if ND get their hands on that IP again? No, they'll make it more open and it'll be another Jak and Daxter.

Sony should commit entirely to the PSVita in order to have a chance to succeed. Hopefully this is true and they will demonstrate this in E3.

Spiegel

Sony let ND expand into two teams so I can't see why they wouldn't throw a bit of support to the handheld. It can even be a small PSN game.

But I'm not taking this as a confirmation because if you saw the interview the guy just kept saying 'absolutely' to everything Geoff asked and didn't seem convinced answering some of these questions, especially the bit about ND support and CoD Vita.

Sony let ND expand into two teams so I can't see why they wouldn't throw a bit of support to the handheld. It can even be a small PSN game.

But I'm not taking this as a confirmation because if you saw the interview the guy just kept saying 'absolutely' to everything Geoff asked and didn't seem convinced answering some of these questions, especially the bit about ND support and CoD Vita.
I agree with you on both points. I don't think Sony would allow Naughty Dog to develop a full size Vita game. Probably something downloadable.

I also agree that this comment is far from confirmation of any of this being true.

Just woke up and read this.........

NhNYL.gif

I know Vita is important to them, but hopefully they don't put too much emphasis on VITA that PS4 launches with lackluster support. They are still supporting PS3, now Vita, and we can assume work already underway for PS4 titles. Spreading themselves thin

SykoTech

Neat, but I'll get excited once they actually announce something for it.

And I hope it's a platformer. ND needs to make more platformers.

GeoramA

Vita needs support from the top-tier western studios, otherwise it's in the same exact situation as PSP. And BioShock, Assassin's Creed, and Call of Duty all need to be shown off ASAP.

Beaten, but I watched the G4 interview, and Longworth didn't quite sound like he knew what he's talking about. But for Vita's sake, hopefully he did.

I hope to see a new platformer by naughty dog that's not Jak or Daxter related. A new PSV platformer by suckerpunch would be nice too.

StuBurns

Banned
I think InFamous would work great in 2D actually. You could have a hub like structure, with areas you can't access until you have various abilities, you could have blast shards in hard to reach areas etc. I'd play it.

I think InFamous would work great in 2D actually. You could have a hub like structure, with areas you can't access until you have various abilities, you could have blast shards in hard to reach areas etc. I'd play it.

Having invested god knowx how many hoursin infamous 1, 2 ,Fob , i don't see what is wrong with infamous as it is ... i really don't feel the need for 2D ..it works in a open world style and i'm happy with it ...

i won't accept an infamous 2D...

StuBurns

Banned
Having invested god knowx how many hoursin infamous 1, 2 ,Fob , i don't see what is wrong with infamous as it is ... i really don't feel the need for 2D ..it works in a open world style and i'm happy with it ...

i won't accept an infamous 2D...
A 3D open world one on PSV seems silly, it's just going to be the same, but look or run worse. I think open world is the complete opposite of what portable gaming should be attempting.

A 3D open world one on PSV seems silly, it's just going to be the same, but look or run worse. I think open world is the complete opposite of what portable gaming should be attempting.

Then don't do an infamous .. I'm all for a new portable IP...

ANd besides isn't gravity daze doing it ( open world ) pretty well ? ( asking here since i didn't have a moment to test the game )

Top Bottom