• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Netherlands just posted a picture including Spyro

Corpekata

Banned
Flabbergasted anyone thinks this is meant to be anything. Just look at fucking Kat. If they were really teasing something half the images wouldn't be from baby's first devianart page.

People said the same about the many Crash teases, and look what we're getting in a month. Yea they just added an ancient character they don't own into a promo image for 'probably nothing', not.

The Crash teases included Shawn Layden showing up to PSX in a Crash T-shirt and Uncharted 4 literally having a playable Crash game in it. How is a hastily slapped-together image of a bunch of PS characters clearly grabbed off Google Images, and posted solely on Playstation Netherlands' facebook page comparable to that?

That is a nice picture.

I wish it is real. I think Act is trying to see how much N-sane trilogy will sell. Based on that, everything is possible.

The Crash teases included Shawn Layden showing up to PSX in a Crash T-shirt and Uncharted 4 literally having a playable Crash game in it. How is a hastily slapped-together image of a bunch of PS characters clearly grabbed off Google Images, and posted solely on Playstation Netherlands' facebook page comparable to that?

That was not the only Crash tease from Sony

Holy shit... With this... :

038dc6beb01843008f763a60bd3eab47.png

It's totally happening.

Does that not further support what I'm getting at...?

I think a Spyro remastered trilogy could happen at some point but I doubt this image means anything in particular. I mean, Kat's in it and a new game in her series is obviously not being announced anytime soon.

Kayant

People said the same about the many Crash teases, and look what we're getting in a month. Yea they just added an ancient character they don't own into a promo image for 'probably nothing', not.
Sure but when did those come from marketing accounts? Most if not all of been from events/execs. Marketing people behind accounts knowing things way before events is unlikely.

13ruce

Banned
Being immortal doesn't mean you do not get old. It means that you do not die of old age. Did you think Zeus's gray hair was a fashion statement? Zeus was old.

Ah well i kinda knew that anyway it suits him, and finally going to another setting is awesome especialy the viking one. I dig his new look.

chitnex

Sure but when did those come from marketing accounts? Most if not all of been from events/execs. Marketing people behind accounts knowing things way before events is unlikely.

I remember seeing crash stuff from PlayStation accounts from random countries, but you're probably right. I can't imagine that they have any idea what's going on.

edit: yeah it was Brazil

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Spyro trilogy deserves the HD treatment more than Crash.

I don't know about that. Crash was bigger, I believe, and it's likely easier (not to mention quicker) to do than the free roaming Spyro trilogy, which is hopefully next.

sublimit

Banned
I don't know about that. Crash was bigger, I believe, and it's likely easier (not to mention quicker) to do than the free roaming Spyro trilogy, which is hopefully next.

Yeah i agree that Spyro would be much more difficult to remaster and Crash was probably more popular.But personally i preferred Spyro.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Yeah i agree that Spyro would be much more difficult to remaster and Crash was probably more popular.But personally i preferred Spyro.

Same. as much as I loved Crash and think the N.Sane Trilogy is going to be amazing, I felt Spyro was the better series.

The Spyro trilogy had an incredibly whimsical fantasy vibe that has yet to be replicated since. It's long overdue for a remaster or at least a PS4 port.

Just please don't give him the meth face

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I don't think this means anything itself, but I am so down for a Spyro remake trilogy after Crash. I want it as much as I want Crash Team Racing.

Oh so the marketing for PlayStation All Stars 2 has begun.

Nice.

And then this needs to happen.

The Spyro trilogy had an incredibly whimsical fantasy vibe that has yet to be replicated since. It's long overdue for a remaster or at least a PS4 port.

Just please don't give him the meth face

Yeah, I think Spyro's art design might be even harder to adapt to modern graphical standards than Crash. The original trilogy's style and essence was so very much of the era.

SNURB

Isn't Skylanders over now?

Not exactly. There's a mobile game coming out (I THINK later this year or 2018) and the Netflix cartoon has been picked up for a third season. So it's not dead.

Wasn't there job listings that Toys For Bob was doing a new type of game or am I remembering wrong?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
When asked in the reactions if Spyro is back they said nop. But I did found it weird he was included of all the characters.

It is in relation to the Eurovision song contest. Text reads: "and the 12 points go to"

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Auctopus

No chance that's official art. It's probably an account like 'Playstation Germany'. Also, that's not Insomniac's Spyro design, it's not the N-Sane trilogy Crash either.

edit: holy shit, I didn't even notice that disastrous Kat.

Cilla

This is the Kat I want to see in the future.

I would love a Spyro remaster. Come on Sony. As much as I want Crash I would prefer Sony any day!

Top Bottom