• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony NGP game screenshots (Uncharted, Wipeout 2048 & more) [Update 2: Uncharted Gifs]

Mr_Zombie

If someone told me that this Uncharted screenshots were from Drake's Fortune, only resized, I would believe it. Looks amazing.

Luigiv

Jo Shishido's Cheeks said:
Pangs of jealousy from a 3DS owner
Why? To use an over used expression "You don't play the graphics". These games don't interest me at all.

Also how exactly does my 3DS inhibit me from buying one of these too?

Mr_Zombie said:
If someone told me that this Uncharted screenshots were from Drake's Fortune, only resized, I would believe it. Looks amazing.
The geometry and texture resolution isn't quite there, but it IS an amazing approximation.

neptunes said:
That "unnamed" title is a bit weird.
Is sony allowing small/ obscure titles out the gate?

I can't see that shipping as a full retail release, downloable probably?

EDIT: Ahh it could be sound shapes.
If Sony have gone to the indie/XBLA community to develop for their platform than they are a lot smarter than I've given them credit for

That game reminds me alot of N+/meatboy

darkwing said:
yum yum OLED, this screen would look better than my 5 year old LCD one :(

Seriously, if the screens look that good on my lousy display, amazing to think how great the visuals will look on the system's OLED.

Wow. And I thought we'd be lucky to get a Wipeout HD port. I thought with the situation at SL we wouldn't see a new Wipeout for a long time. Perhaps this is just a reskinned Wipeout HD...

Not sure I like the grittier track and ship design. Did they fire all the art staff? This merger with Evolution is already taking effect. :(

Luigiv

darkwing said:
yum yum OLED, this screen would look better than my 5 year old LCD one :(
Until the effects of the blue subpixels degrading twice as fast as the other two starts to become apparent and your screen develops a yellow tint.

Empty said:
xLYxz.jpg

wipeout street racing edition?

I (among others) called it!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27581296&postcount=38

Fou-Lu

Wipeout looks amazing and I can't wait to play it, if it is a launch title day one PSV for me. Uncharted on the other hand is really underwhelming.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
DJmizuhara said:
They didn't...well if they did they never told the dev teams because half the games wouldn't work.
Interesting.

It would seem that it really was a leak sniff then.

darkwing

Pazuzu9 said:
Wow. And I thought we'd be lucky to get a Wipeout HD port. I thought with the situation at SL we wouldn't see a new Wipeout for a long time. Perhaps this is just a reskinned Wipeout HD...

Not sure I like the grittier track and ship design. Did they fire all the art staff? This merger with Evolution is already taking effect. :(

this is a prequel

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
If these are launch titles, this thing is going to fly off the shelves
if the price isn't too high
Looking great.
And it's nice to see the indie titles being given the spotlight right out of the gate.
neptunes said:
Did sony allow that during the first PSP? I remember some developers having problems releasing their 2D games because Sony felt that "they didn't fully showcase what the PSP had to offer"
SCEA once had that policy for the PS2 as well.
It appears they've learnt their lesson.

Chris_C

sinnergy said:
Doesn't look like PS3 quality yet. But it are the best graphics I have seen on a handheld.

From a graphical point of view, I'd say only Resistance Fall of Man and Genji possibly looked better (than Uncharted NGP).

Krev said:
SCEA once had that policy for the PS2 as well.
It appears they've learnt their lesson.

I was thinking it went back to the PS1.
But their shitty legacy lives on with the X and O still being the wrong way around :(.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
BeeDog said:
What do you mean with "leak shiff"? /slow
Well, it's a French tech site, so chances are very high it was Ubisoft, as they're the only major French publisher.

Ubisoft wants to stop leaking information because it makes them look bad.

Thus, Ubisoft and Sony tell Ubisoft's French studios a fake rumor about the NGP losing half its RAM. If the leak is there, this rumor goes out into the wild, and they can find their leak.

Hence, they "sniff" (find) out the "leak" (person who is giving information to the press).

BeeDog

Nirolak said:
Well, it's a French tech site, so chances are very high it was Ubisoft, as they're the only major French publisher.

Ubisoft wants to stop leaking information because it makes them look bad.

Thus, Ubisoft and Sony tell Ubisoft's French studios a fake rumor about the NGP losing half its RAM. If the leak is there, this rumor goes out into the wild, and they can find their leak.

Hence, they "sniff" out the "leak".

Oh, you mean it like that. Could be, just like in the new "Miami Vice" movie! :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nice to see Texturezilla stomp its way onto handhelds. If the game is great, maybe I'll pick up an NGP the PS Vita. Maybe. It'd be my first handheld since the GBC.

Pooya

have their write up here too in case it gets pulled,

Uncharted has left the biggest impression on me. At first, the game reminds Tomb Raider – a lot of running, finding ways out, mount climbing, jumping and puzzles. The game has a nice combat gameplay and you never feel a need for another kind of controller, a keyboard or a mouse. For example, your character engages a squad of hostiles and takes cover so when you return fire the pointer is always near one of the hostiles – the game assists you in targeting greatly simplifying the process.

At some points you can use the touchscreen and the G-sensor in the game: when the character needs to over some logs instead of using the arrows you can scroll through the logs on the screen. Another example: when jumping over pits you can tilt the console a bit while pressing forward and jump to increase the jumping range of your character. The game uses your natural moves – just remember how often you shake the gamepad trying to push your character.

The graphics is excellent – while I was playing I wasn't paying attention to details like shadows, dynamic lighting, wind in leaves of trees and bushes or models of NPCs. What is important is that all these details actually create a world and you don't notice any flaws that would put you out of picture. Uncharted is a very cinematic game – there are a lot of script scenes and spectacular camerawork, close-ups and panoramas and it all looks very nice or at least it does in the demo I have tried.

One of the interesting I games I have played but failed to understand is Little Deviants. You play for um… a ball that rolls over countryside without any route or goal while knocking over obstacles and opponents. The absence of any goal is made up by nice graphics and ability to change the landscape. If you press the touchpad on the back the landscape changes getting rougher. This is another example of how the multitouch works here.

I have also tried Reality Fighters – a funny fighting: you can customize your fighter make a brutal fighter or a manager in suit. You can use pictures as the background for arenas and use photos of people to create opponents.

WipEout 2048 – an arcade racing with very vivid graphics and a complicated (for me) control system – you not only need to press the right buttons but also tilt and turn the console to get into turns.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
i told myself im only buying the ngp when dark souls/demons souls gets a port - but damn ... look at wipeout. i just hope that someday the big teams start making these games and stop the outsourcing.

edit: and i hope to god that ssd2 gets on psn too!

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
wipeout and uncharted would be two great launch titles. couple that with the rumored lumines and call of duty.

im so ready. meet me some where vita.

Top Bottom